FX9590 Overclocking

I saw some guy's FX8350 chip surviving in 2GHz. I think I saw it in overclockers 5ghz club or something. But you know what, your results aren't too shabby. Besides, i've been enjoying the thread, if anything!

I could get my old FX8350 upto 5.0 Ghz but that's with it screaming its nuts off... LOL

When I get some different ram I will be able to do much more base clock overclocking, as I said before increasing the voltage is not giving my stability, so I have an issue with my graphics card/motherboard but I think its the ram...

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

• 7 months later...

I could get my old FX8350 upto 5.0 Ghz but that's with it screaming its nuts off... LOL

When I get some different ram I will be able to do much more base clock overclocking, as I said before increasing the voltage is not giving my stability, so I have an issue with my graphics card/motherboard but I think its the ram...

High newish to this forum watching this closely I am not a fanboy of ether product but some one did real world bench marking the new amd and scored much better than intel. He was just showing you if you streamed a game and used it for the benchmark at the same time the amd seemed to handle it better. But with out streaming the intel beat it ... so I guess its all down to preference and bang for your buck.

Spannerhands try turning off the turbo for overclocking you can usually get better results w/o it on.