What looks better to you - Push or Pull?

Hello.

I am getting a H110i GTX today for my i7 6700K in a Deinfe R5. I will mount it on top. But I have two choices, I can mount it so that I can only see radiator on top (Push) or I can mount it so I can see the fans on top (Pull).

To me I like both ways and because of that I struggle to decide, so I ask which way look better to you?

7Qf0utH.jpg

(I didn't took this photo) 

Thanks!

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

there is no performance difference so I dont care

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

there is no performance difference so I dont care

I said looks not performance.

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

I said looks not performance.

And he's saying he doesn't care BECAUSE there is no performance issue. What kind of fans?

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

And he's saying he doesn't care BECAUSE there is no performance issue. What kind of fans?

I'll use the stock for now. Will be replacing it with Noctua A14 3000RPM IndustrialPPC and have it run under ASUS' Q-Fan PWM control so that I can run it as low as 300RPM (though I won't). All my case fans are 3000RPM A14 as well but I limit their top speed to 2200RPM and 90% of the time they are only running at 800RPM.

I'll use the stock for now. Will be replacing it with Noctua A14 3000RPM IndustrialPPC and have it run under ASUS' Q-Fan PWM control so that I can run it as low as 300RPM (though I won't). All my case fans are 3000RPM A14 as well but I limit their top speed to 2200RPM and 90% of the time they are only running at 800RPM.

Well if you like the look do push. That can look nice.

My tidbit, is don't get industrial Noctuas. While they look nice, they are louder than the regular ones. And for a rad, I would recommend NF-F12s. Better airflow.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

Well if you like the look do push. That can look nice.

My tidbit, is don't get industrial Noctuas. While they look nice, they are louder than the regular ones. And for a rad, I would recommend NF-F12s. Better airflow.

I already got 5 of them lol. I said I already use them for case airflow fans, they are silent at 800RPM. Its the only 140 fans I can find at a local PC store that can spin up to 3000RPM. I set it to run up to 2500RPM-ish when its really hot because I live in Australia.

The H110i GTX (not H100i GTX) is a 280 not 240 so I cannot use NF-F12 which is a 120mm fan.

I personally preferred the radiator on show from inside the case and the fans against the outside of the case. I have the R5 with the same fans at the top of my case but I also put some black meshy/foam stuff along the strip to the side of the fans to prevent dust getting inside.

I'll take a picture when I get home and post it up.

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

I like to be able to see the fans. So unless I was doing push-pull, I would always have them like this: Case > Rad > Fan

That will be push or pull depending on whether the fans are intakes or exhausts.

---