My Friend's "Great" Gaming Build

My friend wants to use this for his new build and he won't listen when I say it has a huge bottleneck. (a 750 Ti with an i7-4790K) I was thinking that more people's opinions will change his idea. Btw, he's using this for gaming and feel free to give him suggestions as long as they're under $700.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zTYp6h

Hi.

where is the PSU, RAM and HDD?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

holy shit nononoonon

tell him get an i5 devils cannon k and a r9 390

fit it somehow!

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

i5 4460
R9 280X

There, it's better. I'm sure someone could come up with something better though.

Adults are just kids with bigger wallets.

I'd still go with it over my computer...

Same here lol.

where is the PSU, RAM and HDD?

He didn't pick that yet.

Hi.

My friend wants to use this for his new build and he won't listen when I say it has a huge bottleneck. (a 750 Ti with an i7-4790K) I was thinking that more people's opinions will change his idea. Btw, he's using this for gaming and feel free to give him suggestions as long as they're under $700.

my god damn eyes dear god 

get an i5 4690k 

msi z97 pc mate 

and an r9 390. 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($209.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI Z97A GAMING 6 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($140.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 390 8GB PCS+ Video Card  ($269.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $700.96
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-24 20:19 EST-0500

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Tell your friend to look at this. Say we are helping him avoid paying for  " Pictures and logos " just because its looks expensive doesn't mean its powerful.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

sounds to me like your friend should just buy a MacBook and call it a day. lol.

JK, don't do that. But as everyone has already said, get an i5 (pretty much any one) and spend a little more on the GPU, and get something like a 960, 970, or some the comparable AMD cards that others have already suggested. The motherboard doesn't need to be a ROG board, ESPECIALLY if you don't end up going with an unlocked CPU. Also, very importantly, mage sure he gets a decent power supply and case he likes, not just re-using the PSU/case from some old shitty potato from the last decade.

When in doubt, re-format.

If it's only for gaming....

Get an i5 4460, and a 970 or 390... get a cheaper board to, just because it says ROG doesn't mean it's any better for gaming xD

CPU: i5-4690K @ 4.0GHz GPU: Gigabyte Gtx 970 WindForce MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming-3 CASE: Corsair Carbide 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4GBx4  MOUSE: CM Mizar KEYBOARD: Logitec G110

The best motherboard will add 0 fps to the performance of the worst same class motherboard.

The GTX 750 Ti bottlenecks an i7-4790K. An i5-4440 also be bottlenecked by the GTX 750 Ti.

Take a look at the benchmarks in http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/88169-powercolor-radeon-r9-390-pcs/?page=3. Notice the GTX 750 Ti at the bottom in every case. With the better cpu and motherboard choices an R9 380, GTX 970, or R9 390 is obtainable.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.