MSI GTX 970 rev1.1 / 1.3?

Hemanse

Anyone happen to know if there is a difference, seems to be a rev 1.1 and a 1.3, not sure why or if there is any difference whatsoever, replacing my MSI 390 for a 970, and yes no need to remind me that the 390 is better and all that, got a dud which overheated and ran like crap, gonna get the 970 as im okay with a little less performance if it means my card runs cooler and quite a bit quieter at load, also gonna save a few bucks compared to the 390.

Seems like the MSI 970 Gaming card is one of the quietest aircooled 970s, which is basically what i am looking for.

Ryzen 7 3700x, MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, 16GB Ballistix Elite 3600MHz, MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio, Corsair RM750x V2

Yeah either the MSI or the Gigabyte G1 (More fans but you can fine tune the fans for loads, so when its not too hot, they will run quite slow hehe)

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

If it hasnt been too long RMA the card and try to get another one instead of trying to go with the next best option or even warranty it saves a lot more than buying another $300+ graphics card

If it hasnt been too long RMA the card and try to get another one instead of trying to go with the next best option or even warranty it saves a lot more than buying another $300+ graphics card

Should have probably specified that better, gave the store i bought the 390 at it back, they send it in and got a new one back, they are gonna keep that and im gonna get a 970 free of charge, plus a little big of cash back actually  :)

Just gotta find out which 970 i should get, basically looking for the most silent one at load, which seems to still be the MSI 970 Gaming when reading reviews.

Ryzen 7 3700x, MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, 16GB Ballistix Elite 3600MHz, MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio, Corsair RM750x V2

Should have probably specified that better, gave the store i bought the 390 at it back, they send it in and got a new one back, they are gonna keep that and im gonna get a 970 free of charge, plus a little big of cash back actually  :)

Just gotta find out which 970 i should get, basically looking for the most silent one at load, which seems to still be the MSI 970 Gaming when reading reviews.

if you can get any 970 an EVGA SSC would be a great choice pretty silent and excellent performance but if a coustics from what it seems like is the issue id go with the msi cooler

if you can get any 970 an EVGA SSC would be a great choice pretty silent and excellent performance but if a coustics from what it seems like is the issue id go with the msi cooler

Did have a look at EVGA, love their customer service, but im not 100% sold on the cards, mostly due to the fact that they seem to cost a premium around here, so yeah might just stick with the MSI card.

Okay, all i have been able to find seems to show a PCB size difference, guess that might just be it, which seems rather weird :o