Speed up windows performance

Ahsan

Changing the power options to performance does not speed up your pc. The only things I keep my pc fast is running ccleaner and defraggler regularly and running an antivirus scan often.

I very much agree with this. I currently have 2 1GB HDDs in raid0 and a 2GB one for storage and I see no need to get an SSD. It takes me like 20 seconds between pressing the power button and the windows being fully loaded, so I don't even have time to sit down before it's finished. I can't even remember the last time I had to wait for it to load.

Also, on the vast majority of the games I play/programs I use either I still have to wait for other to finish loading or the shorter loading time will make no difference anyway.

So, for something that would cost me about 10% of my entire computer it really doesn't do much. At most it'd save me like 10 seconds per day.

In the places that matter, SSDs are about 100x faster than hard drives.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

In the places that matter, SSDs are about 100x faster than hard drives.

And how much time do you actually save per day on average?

• 7 months later...

Changing the power options to performance does not speed up your pc. The only things I keep my pc fast is running ccleaner and defraggler regularly and running an antivirus scan often.

It gets rid of the underclocking stupidity that goes on in laptops.

19. is misunderstood. If you have a multi core processor, it will automatically use more than one core on boot. Enabling the option under msconfig is only setting a upper limit to how many cores are allowed to be used and will result in no performance benefit. 

thank you for mentioning this. drives me crazy how many people suggest this myth

multicore processors will automatically use the maximum number of cores by default.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.