Best Buy Customer Service

UnhealthyPanda

So today I went to best buy and bought a gtx 970. Brand new, not open box. Turns out there was a power color I dont know what card. I paid the 40$ premium for the reference cooler. Perhaps customer service is being truthful and actually does always send returns back, but based on reviews of the store I doubt this. Anyways, I have proof of the time I opened the card through a picture i took the moment I opened the box. Regardless enough ranting, I simply want to warn people not to shop at 5065 Alamaden Expressway as they wont refund a 400+ $ when you get the wrong card. I know this is a bit childish but I also seriously recommend not going here.

So today I went to best buy and bought a gtx 970. Brand new, not open box. Turns out there was a power color I dont know what card. I paid the 40$ premium for the reference cooler. Perhaps customer service is being truthful and actually does always send returns back, but based on reviews of the store I doubt this. Anyways, I have proof of the time I opened the card through a picture i took the moment I opened the box. Regardless enough ranting, I simply want to warn people not to shop at 5065 Alamaden Expressway as they wont refund a 400+ $ when you get the wrong card. I know this is a bit childish but I also seriously recommend not going here.

Why did you buy at best buy in the first place, 400 for a gtx 970? Little much....

Was it the Fallout 4 edition? Trying to see who it cost that much.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Yea ik it was a lot but my case slots the gpu right next to the side so i wanted a blower cooler. Then theres the 30$ tax. I woulda bought used but try finding one on ebay or craigslist. Anyways after much debate they eventually gave it to me. Also from my personal experience the reference coolers are really quiet. Otherwise I wouldve bought an AIB card.

And after all that they still gave me a bent card, oh well. Anyways besides the high price the point is, check your items in the store, use a credit card, and don't buy at best buy. At least not the one I went to.

post-232107-0-99622700-1448153077_thumb.

post-232107-0-61972300-1448153092_thumb.

post-232107-0-72715600-1448153108_thumb.

It seats fine, just the little end piece finger is slightly warped up. Not a big deal really, just really disappointing that my disappointment didn't end after they relented.

Why did you get that model anyway, you could have got the Fallout 4 edition that would overclock much better?

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Why did you get that model anyway, you could have got the Fallout 4 edition that would overclock much better?

As I stated above, I knew from experience that the reference cooler was quiet enough for my liking and furthermore my case slots the gpu next to the side so a blower cooler was preferred. Also, not a fan of fallout, I know blasphemy, but it wasn't going to affect my choice either way.