Asus Rampage 5 Extreme fan setup

OddsCrazyStuff

I'm not sure if this is a motherboard, air cooling or water cooling topic, but since fans is the problem so do I post here.

I'm looking for a program or bios setting that lets me control fans with Asus Rampage 5 Extreme.

The regual bios only lets me group control and it dont like PWM splitters (molex versions).

AI Suit 3 is just as bad and speedfan dont do jack (unless you need to configure it first).

My CPU and CPU_OPT are controlling PWM fans, so when the CPU works the pumps speed up but not the rest of the fans. And to top it of, it somehow refuses to set the pumps to 100% speed in bios.

Which is why my dual 480mm radiator setup gets 70-75 degrees on the CPU. :angry:

So is there anyway to tame my fans with software (or hidden bios settiing) or do I need track down a few PWM fan controllers?

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

Don't think there is software for it. Either get a fan controller or turn down the voltage on the fans so they auto run at lower RPM

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

Don't think there is software for it. Either get a fan controller or turn down the voltage on the fans so they auto run at lower RPM

They are PWM fans, so cant just do low voltage trick.

Plus that dont solve the fans on silent dont spin up to reduce tempratue problem.

They are PWM fans, so cant just do low voltage trick.

Plus that dont solve the fans on silent dont spin up to reduce tempratue problem.

Then the only thing you can do is get a fan controller I guess

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

Asus is one of the better ones in fan control. Are you using latest BIOS? Thats would fix any bugs with fan controls.

As for Speedfan, yes you need to configure it first. Unlike AI Suite/Fan Xpert, its made for several control chips and mobos. You need to select controller chips to use them. After that it will override BIOS set controls. My way of doing that http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/404465-confused-about-changing-fan-speeds-50/?p=5453137

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Asus is one of the better ones in fan control. Are you using latest BIOS? Thats would fix any bugs with fan controls.

As for Speedfan, yes you need to configure it first. Unlike AI Suite/Fan Xpert, its made for several control chips and mobos. You need to select controller chips to use them. After that it will override BIOS set controls. My way of doing that http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/404465-confused-about-changing-fan-speeds-50/?p=5453137

The problem I have with Asus is the grouping function, which makes things a pain to setup.

That plus the fact that only the CPU fan headers spinns up when temps increasing, which works bad when the radiator fans are on a different header.

As for Speedfan, it seems to be somewhat working but it will take a lot of setting up it seems. Plus I have to find out how to make it react the right way with my dual loop setup.