Positive Pressure Best! but a Fan on the bottom is a NONO

TIM74UK

I've had some trouble with cheaper stock fans getting noisy, still work, not sure why the noise when it should be LESS wear IMO.

just a drop of motor oil in sleave bearing fans every month will keep them running cool and quiet :)

just a drop of motor oil in sleave bearing fans every month will keep them running cool and quiet :)

Since it wasn't any help with temps, just unplugged it anyhow (bottom fan. I think because I already have 140's and huge air cooler that bottom isn't much of a factor.

My Bitfenix Spectres (three140mm, two make noise) started making a bit of noise under three years of heavy use.  I have slowed them down due to the noise... where exactly do you pour?  :D

My Bitfenix Spectres (three140mm, two make noise) started making a bit of noise under three years of heavy use.  I have slowed them down due to the noise... where exactly do you pour?  :D

Take the sticker off the back, there should be a rubber plug. You will want to "work" the oil into the bearings

My Define R5 has a full-length filter on the bottom. I don't have a fan on it (other than the PSU blowing downwards) but I clean it out every couple weeks. Case sits on the floor and we have a cat and dog mind you, so it gets pretty dirty quite quickly.

R5_FLOOR.jpg

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.6ghz | GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX 980 Ti | Mobo: ASUS Z87-Pro | Memory: 16gigs HyperX FuryX | Cooling: Xigmatek SD1483 Frostbourne 

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 | PSU: EVGA 750W Gold+ modular | Storage: 128g adata SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD | Monitor: ASUS PA238QR

I've a 400R case, very well designed dust filter at the bottom. Easy to remove and clean quickly.

KmEurT9.jpg

I've a 400R case, very well designed dust filter at the bottom. Easy to remove and clean quickly.

KmEurT9.jpg

That's somewhat better I guess... but would have been even better had it been accessible from the front.

Mind you I have gotten into the habit of stripping the sides and front off of my case and cleaning it out at least once a month, it's really surprising how many people will leave there pc to furr up with dust and crap.

I mean our rigs are a labour of Love no?

My Rig: - Gigabyte Z97 X5 MB / Core i7 4790K @ 4.4Ghz - Water Cooled Coolmaster AIO Loop (Push - Pull Config)/ 8GB Corsair Dominator ram at 2400Mhz / Palit Jetsteam GTX 980 OC edition / 128GB SSD OS / Program Drive + 2 TB hard drive storage / Win 10

I have the Define R5 and my bottom filter (Full length, PSU area included) pulls out from the front. Easy to clean, and I do have fans down there. 

That's somewhat better I guess... but would have been even better had it been accessible from the front.

Mind you I have gotten into the habit of stripping the sides and front off of my case and cleaning it out at least once a month, it's really surprising how many people will leave there pc to furr up with dust and crap.

My backplate on my 390x is a glossy acrylic sheet with the BACK of the sheet spraypainted with a sweet design. Fucking dust within a day of cleaning.

My backplate on my 390x is a glossy acrylic sheet with the BACK of the sheet spraypainted with a sweet design. Fucking dust within a day of cleaning.

hahahah... :)

Static... every hardware loving persons pet hate!

Actually you gave me a great idea... perhaps we need a mini van de graaff generator close by our hardware.. not so close as to cause interference but close enough to act as a dust Trap :)

My Rig: - Gigabyte Z97 X5 MB / Core i7 4790K @ 4.4Ghz - Water Cooled Coolmaster AIO Loop (Push - Pull Config)/ 8GB Corsair Dominator ram at 2400Mhz / Palit Jetsteam GTX 980 OC edition / 128GB SSD OS / Program Drive + 2 TB hard drive storage / Win 10

I agree. I clean my PC every fortnight or so. And it is a must to do.

I needed more inputs to maintain positive pressure in my NZXT 820, so added two 140s on the bottom and they work great.  Of course I have it on a solid surface, it has it's own raised pedestal for good airflow, and the filter implementation - slides out the front - is much better than the one pictured.