Should I Upgrade My LG G4 to LG V10 or Not?

Ryou-kun

Hello LTT,

I am with T-Mobile, so I get this JUMP Program where I can jump from whatever phone I have to any phone that I desired.

Right now, I am debating whether I should JUMP my current, LG G4, to maybe LG V10 because of the fingerprint ID. I only have my LG G4 for about 5 months, and I am paying monthly rather full. I don't know if it is worth it.

<.< If only T-Mobile has Nexus 6P so I can pay monthly, it will be sick but sadly they don't. :(

What is everyone's opinions/thoughts? Should I or not and keep my LG G4?

Nah, wait for G5

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

I'm hoping to switch to something different soon because I have had nothing but issues with my G4 since about 2 months after I got it, but I'm worried that the V10 is going to have the same issues.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

g4 is very good. tho still a bit of software bugs here and there (wifi turns off for no reason. and sometimes on the lock screens it just flashes then turns the screen off again.)

but other thant these (not that often) its a very good phone !

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

I'm hoping to switch to something different soon because I have had nothing but issues with my G4 since about 2 months after I got it, but I'm worried that the V10 is going to have the same issues.

Oh, like what?

There are lots of rumors that they arnt gonna make a G5, just continue the V series. But anyway, i have the v10 and its an amazing phone everything about it is amazing. I would say its worth it.

There are lots of rumors that they arnt gonna make a G5, just continue the V series. But anyway, i have the v10 and its an amazing phone everything about it is amazing. I would say its worth it.

Have you use LG G4?

If so, what is the differences between LG G4 and LG V10?

Thats dumb imo, people already barely know the g series, let alone the v10. i can completely understand someone missing it :|

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Have you use LG G4?

If so, what is the differences between LG G4 and LG V10?

It was my daily driver for 4 months before I dropped it. Huge upgrade over G4

Oh, like what?

... am I hoping to switch to? or what issues am I having?

Switching to: I'd love to get one of the new Nexus 6P or Xperia Z5. Otherwise I've considered trying out an iPhone for the first time by getting a 6 or 6S.

Issues: Screen freezing/stuttering when scrolling, extreme keyboard lag, Severe delay (sometimes up to 10 sec) when returning to the home screen after using an app, every single app closing itself when the screen times out causing me to lose my place. Just to name a few.

I've already tried a factory reset and that hasn't helped. I've tried turning various setting on and off as suggested by forums, I've tried using Swiftkey but that still lags a lot. There are quite a few things that I love about the G4, the camera for instance is amazing, but I don't think it's so amazing to warrant a buggy ROM from LG that makes using the phone a PITA.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

... am I hoping to switch to? or what issues am I having?

Switching to: I'd love to get one of the new Nexus 6P or Xperia Z5. Otherwise I've considered trying out an iPhone for the first time by getting a 6 or 6S.

Issues: Screen freezing/stuttering when scrolling, extreme keyboard lag, Severe delay (sometimes up to 10 sec) when returning to the home screen after using an app, every single app closing itself when the screen times out causing me to lose my place. Just to name a few.

I've already tried a factory reset and that hasn't helped. I've tried turning various setting on and off as suggested by forums, I've tried using Swiftkey but that still lags a lot. There are quite a few things that I love about the G4, the camera for instance is amazing, but I don't think it's so amazing to warrant a buggy ROM from LG that makes using the phone a PITA.

True. I know that feeling since I have LG G4 and dealt with similar software issues. :S

It was my daily driver for 4 months before I dropped it. Huge upgrade over G4

Nice. 

Major question is the Software. How is it compare to LG G4?

+ Is there any issues like trying to turn your phone to sleep by pressing the lock button BUT it somehow turn itself back on?

+ Can you FINALLY access the damn notification/quick settings on a lock screen?

+ Does the phone warm up while using it?

+ etc etc etc, lol.

If you are not a heavy video and picture taker I wouldn't bother upgrading unless you care alot about built construction and quality. The V10 is amazing and the overall the feel in your hand and the experience is fantastic. Right now they are offering a extra battery, 200 gig SD card and charger as promotion when you get the V10 so that's some extra incentive for you. 

http://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/v10/promo

If you are not a heavy video and picture taker I wouldn't bother upgrading unless you care alot about built construction and quality. The V10 is amazing and the overall the feel in your hand and the experience is fantastic. Right now they are offering a extra battery, 200 gig SD card and charger as promotion when you get the V10 so that's some extra incentive for you. 

http://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/v10/promo

I am not a heavy video and picture taker like you said, however, I am just interest in the Fingerprint ID, new hardware that fixes the issue with LG G4 (if they did or kept the same) and maybe new Software that also fixes the Software issue. That is just me.

Hello LTT,

I am with T-Mobile, so I get this JUMP Program where I can jump from whatever phone I have to any phone that I desired.

Right now, I am debating whether I should JUMP my current, LG G4, to maybe LG V10 because of the fingerprint ID. I only have my LG G4 for about 5 months, and I am paying monthly rather full. I don't know if it is worth it.

<.< If only T-Mobile has Nexus 6P so I can pay monthly, it will be sick but sadly they don't. :(

What is everyone's opinions/thoughts? Should I or not and keep my LG G4?

U should wait for something like the lg g5 or something newer like that. The lg v10 is so close to the lg g4, U shouldn't even bother with paying the extra money and setting up the new device pretty much right after u got one. Just wait for something better.

LG V10.  It is more impressive and has more features – looks flashier, better build, secondary display, a better FFC…or should I say two, more RAM, more standard internal storage, better audio circuits, better radio/antenna and a fingerprint sensor.  It is a newer model and certainly more ‘future proof’ than the LG G4.