Steelseries Vs Razer Switches

Hi guys

I am looking for a keyboard within a budget of 200 euro, i did a bit of research on the SteelSeries Apex M800 and razer blackwidow chroma switches can you tell me the difference b/w kailh switches and QS1 switches. Which is best suited for fast reflex based games. Example:- Shoot Mania, Cs:Go, Quake

IMO the new Razer switches suck. I tried them out and they're just annoying, mushy and hard to press. From my experience Kailh switches don't suck, but if you have 200 euro to spend I would try to find any Cherry MX switch keyboard. 

I wouldn't use the Razer keyboard for CS:GO or anything like it because my fingers got tired halfway into a competitive match. It was horrible to play games with, and horrible to type on. 

I used to be quite active here.

Steelseries swithces looks inside like this.

Linus did review  this keyboard (here)

Here are picture that presents diffrence betwen "razer switches" typical mechanical switches and steelseries switches (here)

For me personally I would find keyboard with trusted Cherry MX switches. Razer products is one big lottery. Or they will serve for long or break after a month of use.

Check keyboards from CM Storm, TT Esport, Ozone (Im using Ozone Strike Battle MX Brown and its fantastic), anything with Cherry MX switches.

Sorry for my low english, but I'm trying my best  ;)

| MOBO: Asus P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1 || CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K || COOLER: Thermaltake HR-02 Macho Rev. B || RAM: 2x Patriot Signature DDR3 4GB 1333MHz CL9 || GPU: Msi GeForce GTX 750 TI Oc || PSU: Ocz StealthXStream 2 600W || STORAGE: Segate Barracuda 1 TB || CASE: Corsair Carbide Series 300R | 

Dude , Forst off ; Why in the world are you trying to get kailh switches when your budget is 200 euros .

I got my zowie celeritas with cherry MX brown switches for 100 euros .So why u do dis ?

If you have such a big budget , eather get QPAD MK-85 Gaming Keyboard or the Tesoro Durandal G1N Or any other Tesoro keyboard.

Heck get the ones i got , the Zowie celeritas .

(⌐■_■) 

Dude , Forst off ; Why in the world are you trying to get kailh switches when your budget is 200 euros .

I got my zowie celeritas with cherry MX brown switches for 100 euros .So why u do dis ?

If you have such a big budget , eather get QPAD MK-85 Gaming Keyboard or the Tesoro Durandal G1N Or any other Tesoro keyboard.

^

But be carefull. Some of Tesoro keybards use Kailh switches (Excalibur, Excalibur Spectrum, Tizona and Tizona Elite)

It will be better when you choose Cherry MX.

Sorry for my low english, but I'm trying my best  ;)

| MOBO: Asus P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1 || CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K || COOLER: Thermaltake HR-02 Macho Rev. B || RAM: 2x Patriot Signature DDR3 4GB 1333MHz CL9 || GPU: Msi GeForce GTX 750 TI Oc || PSU: Ocz StealthXStream 2 600W || STORAGE: Segate Barracuda 1 TB || CASE: Corsair Carbide Series 300R | 

^

But be carefull. Some of Tesoro keybards use Kailh switches (Excalibur, Excalibur Spectrum, Tizona and Tizona Elite)

That is true , I would sugguest @freddiecannon330 to look what kind switch the keyboard has before buying.

(⌐■_■) 

What about a Ducky board ;)

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

Hey man, 

My max budget is 200 euros, its not that i cant purchase a keyboard below that budget

Steelseries swithces looks inside like this.

Linus did review  this keyboard (here)

Here are picture that presents diffrence betwen "razer switches" typical mechanical switches and steelseries switches (here)

For me personally I would find keyboard with trusted Cherry MX switches. Razer products is one big lottery. Or they will serve for long or break after a month of use.

Check keyboards from CM Storm, TT Esport, Ozone (Im using Ozone Strike Battle MX Brown and its fantastic), anything with Cherry MX switches.

Why i didn't see this review earlier sorry for the general mistake caused before creating a thread. But i think its time to test new switches rather a cherry MX switch.

Will try to get hands on Apex M800 and try those switches as i saw in the review that there travel time is very less compared to other cherry mx switches and gives a new feel to the keyboard.

Hey man, 

My max budget is 200 euros, its not that i cant purchase a keyboard below that budget

Dude , when i said your budget is 200 , i went ape shit because of so many possibilities and choices you have with that kind of budget.

The Qpad MK-85  is 170 euros from there main web store.

The Func Kb-460 with cherry brown switches go around 130 euros in amazon.de is a heavy contender. 

Hell i can even go so far as to say , you can buy the Corsair Strife RGB , The NEWEST and first mechanical keyboard with cherry silent switches developed by Cherry them selves , Only time limited exclusive for corsair. 

I can make this list longer than any German beer mug you will ever see with many MANY options , but you are forgetting this : You have frigging home town or country advantage , you live in Germany right ?!  

If you do , you have more options than le kek suomi aka le finnlandia of cold assie ness. If you do some digging , you will find an awesome deals ( unlike Finland *cough* *cough* ).

Hell i can give that list if you want . but oh boy , if you allow me , ill blow you away with so many options that you would not know witch mechanical keyboard is witch. 

(⌐■_■) 

I found Razer's switch extremely easy to press, more than MX Blues which is what they're mimicking, now if you're simply looking for what switch would be the "fastest" that would be Steelseries switch also developed by Kailh as it has an actuation point of 1.5mm compared to Razer's Green 1.9mm and Cherry's 2mm and up depending on the switch. Although to be honest you won't notice a massive difference in gaming but it's there. The Razer Green's felt pretty much identical to MX Blues with the differences being in the pitch noise of the click(not as loud) and it felt slightly easier to hit the actuation point compared to a Blue, in no way does it feel "mushy" that's what you would find on a Dell membrane office keyboard. 

If I were you though I'd go to a store and try the ones on display as I believe both Razer and Steelseries have an opening on their boxes for you to press down the keys and get a feel of them. Now if you were to go with Cherry MX switches then do yourself a favor and get the Ducky Shine 5.

Why i didn't see this review earlier sorry for the general mistake caused before creating a thread. But i think its time to test new switches rather a cherry MX switch.

Will try to get hands on Apex M800 and try those switches as i saw in the review that there travel time is very less compared to other cherry mx switches and gives a new feel to the keyboard.

Imo, Gateron switches (particularly purple zealios from ZEALPC are the best switches you can buy.) that's in my experience, and also the fact that I prefer tactile switches. (I haven't really tried alps yet though...)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

well i would keep my preferance limited as of now will choose between SteelSeries, razer or Corsair Keyboard. As i know these brands i can rely on.

I have tried both the keyboards and took feedback from various forums and friend, and will decide within 2 days and will buy it asap from e-commerce :)

well i would keep my preferance limited as of now will choose between SteelSeries, razer or Corsair Keyboard. As i know these brands i can rely on.

I have tried both the keyboards and took feedback from various forums and friend, and will decide within 2 days and will buy it asap from e-commerce :)

For the record, Ducky is at least as well known as corsair and pretty much universally regarded as having better and more reliable build quality.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

So finally i have bought Apex M800 Pics comming soon. Till now, the feeling of those unique switches are very awseome as the travel time of these switches are very less compared to razer switches

PS : KAPPPA

im using the APEX M800

cant say much but b4 that i had MXBLUES and REDS

and i like the APEX M800 Switchs much more

perfect for me 

Fractal Design Define R5~ Asus Maximus VII HERO~ i7-4790k@ 4.7 GHz. ~ GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming ~ 16 GB Kingston HyperX 2400 HZ. ~ Samsung 850EVO 1TB SSD ~ Asus CD/DVD reader/writer ~ Coolermaster V Series 1000W~ Noctua NH-D15+ Noctua NH-A14 FLX x3-   BenQ's XL2420G Monitor  - Steelseries APEX M800 / Zowie EC2-A / Zowie G-SR

So finally i have bought Apex M800 Pics comming soon. Till now, the feeling of those unique switches are very awseome as the travel time of these switches are very less compared to razer switches

PS : KAPPPA

Man , why ? y u do dis ?

Why didnt you buy a cherry keyboard....

WHY !!?!??!?!?

post-144483-0-46846700-1448365598_thumb.

(⌐■_■)