Since the wan show is ear murder and they do nothing to improve it....

Syntaxvgm

iZO4NCO.png

J9wZ8xY.png

Seriously it's downright painful and forget not using headphones

Getting angry at people for not experiencing a problem you're having? I haven't had a spike at all since I started watching the stream. I even started monitoring my speaker levels to try and see what you have been getting and im just not.

Here I took part of the current stream the threw it into audactiy 

qWPCQE2.png

Linus is talking on the left and Luke is on the right, the spikes on Luke's side are Linus's interjections.

Linus had a long monologue that I cut off to compare it with luke, but he actually maxed it out a few times

This is a thing people. 

Audio is a thing.

There's a right and a wrong for this

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Sounds fine for me?

Seriously? I try to leave it on my speakers and do other stuff and I annoy people because luke is low pitched and quiet and linus is high pitched and changes his voice volume all of the time. There is no right volume to be able to hear at all times and and not my neighbors. 

Plus now, I'm on ipod headphones on the go and it is fucking ear murder. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Sounds fine for me?

Same here. 

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

Same here. 

really? It goes from about 10% to near maxing out constantly 

muh specs 

All parts black

Really really. It sounds fine for me. Could be your hardware somehow maybe.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

It's sounding fine for me. It may be something on your end.

It's not. Not at all. It's been them since day 1. Linus is high pitched and can get loud and luke is quiet. 

muh specs 

All parts black

It's not. Not at all. It's been them since day 1. Linus is high pitched and can get loud and luke is quiet. 

Don't take this in the wrong way, but maybe you just have very sensitive ears. 

Really really. It sounds fine for me. Could be your hardware somehow maybe.

linus's fucking voice and their lack of volume control is not my fucking hardware. Not on every computer I've ever used to listen to this show. 

muh specs 

All parts black

Don't take this in the wrong way, but maybe you just have very sensitive ears. 

It's not just my ears, separate problem (linus's voice hurts)

If I play it on speakers there'e NO acceptable volume to set the speakers at 

muh specs 

All parts black

Ah, I understand that. however, if I feel like my audio is peaking. I'll just turn down the volume a little bit and i'm ok.

It sounds fine to me also, I never had any problem like this.

It doesn't sound fine, you all just use headphones 

muh specs 

All parts black

Sounds fine to me. Linus is sick today BTW

this is every day since day 1. Only LTT cause every fucking one else knows to pay attention to volume differences. 

muh specs 

All parts black

I use speakers actually

Then you either don't hear luke or you have no neighbors when linus talks and gets excited.

Or your speakers are weak 

muh specs 

All parts black

I literally can't hear it 90% of the time on my laptop speakers if I unplug my headphone without volume equalization. Unless like gets loud. 

With it I can hear it a room over. 

You all are insane or you have volume equitation on  in some form and don't know it. 

muh specs 

All parts black

Then you either don't hear luke or you have no neighbors when linus talks and gets excited.

Or your speakers are weak 

I live in a college dorm, and Luke is only slightly quieter to me. 

Lord of Helium.

Seriously it's downright painful and forget not using headphones 

I agree with you, OP. It's too bad they can't use a limiter or compressor and I don't know how to do it outside of a DAW for YouTube.

I'd do that, but I'm using a DAC, so the settings aren't there.

The best I can do is SoundLock. 

Ummm...

Mines fine :mellow: With or without headphones.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I agree with you, OP. It's too bad they can't use a limiter or compressor and I don't know how to do it outside of a DAW for YouTube.

I'd do that, but I'm using a DAC, so the settings aren't there.

The best I can do is SoundLock. 

the built in windows function does ok. It doesn't fix the piercing linus voice or luke bieng quieter much, but it fixes and spikes so I can use speakers AT ALL without having them at 100% and having really really loud spikes that vibrate my walls. 

muh specs 

All parts black

It does. I don't know how anyone else doesn't notice it. I'm even using headphones.

Pretty sure its just you m8. I respect you and what you bring to the community, but if its really that bad, The red x in the upper corner hasn't moved in a a couple decades. :P

Also, yet another working stream on my end.

they are not equalizing the volume at all, fact. Prove me wrong.

I guess no one here cares about spikes. It's not about the volume difference between luke and linus's voice, but the volume being really low then spiking literally 10X the normal level when linus gets loud.

Watch the volume level in the slider

It's on my desktop.

It's one both of my laptops

was on my last laptop

on even on the the wii u when I watch the upload 

on other computers that I use that are not mine

it's not me. it's a fact. 

I might even make a gif of the volume levels 

muh specs 

All parts black