Tim Cook thinks Microsoft's Surface Book is ‘deluded'

First thing that came to my mind .

It works.

Please notice me senpie

Xeon x3430 - GTX 660SC - Core 1000 - CX430 - DQ57TM - 4gb DDR3

It works.

i guess so .

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Some guy who owns apple.

Err. What? No. Just no.

Tim Cook is the Apple CEO - Chief Executive Officer. He's essentially the person who runs the company on a day to day basis. He's not really the "top boss", since he directly answers to the Board of Directors - who can fire him if they decide they want to. The Board of Directors are generally elected via majority voting by the various share holders. But from a practical standpoint, Tim Cook is the boss, as far as regular employees are concerned.

He is a majority shareholder, but that doesn't mean much, honestly. Tim Cook has 1,170,191 shares (1.17 Million). Sounds like a lot? Nope. There are currently 5.58 BILLION Apple shares in existence. That means Tim Cook owns approximately 0.02 %. That is a tiny fraction of 1% of the company.

https://finance.yahoo.com/q/mh?s=AAPL+Major+Holders

https://www.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ%3AAAPL&ei=0_3fVYmeA4qHuQTe2bbwCQ

Most of Apple is actually owned by various Mutual Funds and Investment companies, which in turn, are funded by millions of people. Hell, if you have a stock portfolio, RRSP, or pension fund, you might even own a bit of Apple and not even know it.

Apple itself owns something in the range of ~11% of the company as well.

Apple doesn't sell a Surface type product AFAIK

Well. Sort of. The iPad Pro is a "Surface Type" product. Or at least, they market it as one (Despite the fact that the Surface Pro is superior in just about almost every way).

Frankly, Tim Cook is just spouting PR Marketing BS, because a threatening product has just been released by their biggest competitor (Microsoft). Tim Cook is trying to get the public to Dismiss the Surface Book without giving it any real thought.

The Surface Book makes multitudes of more sense than the iPad Pro, which I definitely call delusional. A real professional will find the iPad Pro's limitations too frustrating very quickly. Once the "Apple Effect" and "neat" factor wear off. Is the Surface Book a perfect product? Nope. Nothing ever is. But it makes way more sense than a giant iPad with a stylus. The lack of OS X on the iPad Pro is by far one of the biggest limitations it has.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Tim Cook is irrelevant.
We all know they will just copy microsoft a few years down the line.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Err. What? No. Just no.

Tim Cook is the Apple CEO - Chief Executive Officer. He's essentially the person who runs the company on a day to day basis. He's not really the "top boss", since he directly answers to the Board of Directors - who can fire him if they decide they want to. The Board of Directors are generally elected via majority voting by the various share holders. But from a practical standpoint, Tim Cook is the boss, as far as regular employees are concerned.

He is a majority shareholder, but that doesn't mean much, honestly. Tim Cook has 1,170,191 shares (1.17 Million). Sounds like a lot? Nope. There are currently 5.58 BILLION Apple shares in existence. That means Tim Cook owns approximately 0.02 %. That is a tiny fraction of 1% of the company.

https://finance.yahoo.com/q/mh?s=AAPL+Major+Holders

https://www.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ%3AAAPL&ei=0_3fVYmeA4qHuQTe2bbwCQ

Most of Apple is actually owned by various Mutual Funds and Investment companies, which in turn, are funded by millions of people. Hell, if you have a stock portfolio, RRSP, or pension fund, you might even own a bit of Apple and not even know it.

Apple itself owns something in the range of ~11% of the company as well.

Well. Sort of. The iPad Pro is a "Surface Type" product. Or at least, they market it as one (Despite the fact that the Surface Pro is superior in just about almost every way).

Frankly, Tim Cook is just spouting PR Marketing BS, because a threatening product has just been released by their biggest competitor (Microsoft). Tim Cook is trying to get the public to Dismiss the Surface Book without giving it any real thought.

The Surface Book makes multitudes of more sense than the iPad Pro, which I definitely call delusional. A real professional will find the iPad Pro's limitations too frustrating very quickly. Once the "Apple Effect" and "neat" factor wear off. Is the Surface Book a perfect product? Nope. Nothing ever is. But it makes way more sense than a giant iPad with a stylus. The lack of OS X on the iPad Pro is by far one of the biggest limitations it has.

I do think Apple went the right way with the stylus on the Ipad Pro however, the fact that it knows the angle it's held at, the way it recharges and just looks nicer than Surface pen. IMO it's a great ipad for digital artists and just old farts with bad eyesight (me). I concur that lack of any sort of file system access hobbles it, even just one folder that's read / write and allowed to be seen from all apps / os would help a ton. It WOULD be cool to have the choice of OSX or IOS on the pro.

Kudos for having the best post so far on this topic.

That is

RICH WITH HYPOCRISY

considering he can't even release a pro version of a tablet with a desktop OS on it, even though its direct competitor did that already.

Tim Cook, you're a goddamn buffoon for that statement.

It's not just that the iPad Pro doesn't have a desktop OS, it's also not x86-64. It's ARM. I don't think that the iPad Pro will be a proper competitor to the Surface Pro until the iPad Pro gets an x86-64 CPU. It's just a bigger and faster iPad. It won't have access to programs like the full version of Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Premiere. That's what I thought the Surface Pro line was, a product designed to bring x86 functionality to a proper tablet formfactor.

I have no signature. There is nothing to see here. Move along.

Some guy who owns apple.

Wut?

I really want to find something to like about Apple, but eh its appeal really is to the ill-informed masses. I don't mind Apple, I still kind of like Apple but there's better options for less... Dell XPS 15 (Late 2015)

The Surface Book is interesting, however I think the reason Tim Cook would think that it's deluded is because it does have some flaws but so do a lot of things. The Macbook sounds like that's far from being perfect too.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Well it's expensive as hell, but so is a macbook so tim cook can go vacuum a dick.

Well, I mean......... Ya know

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I don't think the Surface Book is anything. 

It's simply a platform, it's just a PC in a tablet form factor...

A PC That can run anything a PC can.

That's basically what Windows tablets are, PCs in a tablet form factor. Whatever a PC can do, they can do too.

In your opinion, do you think this is a fair criticism from Apple? Keeping in mind that a year or so ago Apple discredited the Surface line up as somewhat 'useless' and then they come out with a product EXACTLY the same. Is it going to happen again, first the beating of the Surface Book then the copying? 

Source Link: http://www.theverge.com/2015/11/11/9712184/apple-tim-cook-microsoft-surface-book-deluded

he said "diluted" in the verge's article.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),