What Really Grinds Your Gears - LTT edition

PlayStation 2

I can't stand when my dad says things like, "they did that good." USE THE WORD WELL FFS. He took me out tonight and his grammar made me want to kms. The worst part? He spends all day presenting and speaking.

1.) people that blindly follow anything without being open to possibilities, be it brands, religion, or lifestyle. Having an open mind never hurt anyone.
2.) People that are disrespectful of others, and their surroundings.

3.) People who try to get philosophical on tech forums /s 

Higher frame rate over higher resolution.

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k

People that merge without signaling and people that are generally completely clueless on the road. I swear 50% of the drivers here in Vancouver can't drive for shit. That percentage skyrockets if you're in Richmond. Vancouverites will know what I'm talking about. :ph34r:

That's all.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

When console peasants think they are more superior then the PC master race.

The master race will FAQ your face (Dan Bull PC Master Race rap, see youtube)

Do you know what really grinds my gears? The grinding gears on Windows Phones updating screen. Can Microsoft not make the gears mesh properly? Gahhh the engineer in me cries every time I see it.

Due to my OCP (Obsessive Compulsive Personality) I just hate this  :angry: Microsoft, if you don't stop doing stuff like this I'll start pirating windows again.

It also grinds my gears when Linus drops something in a vid  <_<

EDIT: I hope people don't find the FAQ thing offensive

1. Selfies

2. Anti-Russian propaganda

3. Apple and it's fanboys

4. Samsung Galaxy Ace 2

if somebody makes fun of america that pisses me off.

Do you mean America or 'Murica?  :ph34r:

People can joke about whatever they want. 

frabz-Because-Freedom-56753a.jpg

Ops. :o I kid

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

My LTT triggers:

People that blatantly don't know what they're talking about when it comes to overclocking, and just repeat what all the other idiots say just because it's the popular answer. 

White & black builds that get half-assed, they look boring AF and dumb imo.

People that don't frequently post in certain subforums, then come in and give shitty advice just to get post count

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

People who keep their brights on even though there is someone in front of them. People who don't use their blinkers. Loud cars and motorcycles. Bright lights at night in parking lots.

Linux elitists, people who post crap when people are asking for help.

Lord of Helium.

People that can't understand the difference between bits (b) and bytes (B), and people (often the same people) who can't understand the difference between Gibibytes (2^30 bytes, 1024MiB, and the way Windows counts) and Gigabytes (10^9 bytes, 1000MB, and the way storage is labelled).

People who don't understand the difference then try to explain the discrepancy as:

• Overhead on a connection
  • Formatting
  • Manufacturing defects

I've lost count of how many times I have to explain this. Grrr!

There are other things that grind my gears, but writing them down would probably get me banned.

How to create a strong password

Size does not matter; it's how you use it

V G FUCKING A ON MODERN HARDWARE and said hardware has displayport on the PC and DVI on the monitor or something along those lines. The cost effective interface to use? VGA.

You never know when you need to connect to an ancient projector...

How to create a strong password

Size does not matter; it's how you use it

People who cut me off in traffic, especially in rush hour Copenhagen. 

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

When people tell me I don't NEED new fancy pc parts. I might not completely NEED them, but I will have a use for them, and I WANT them!

--Gas_Mask_

People who use af. Especially if they say asf like what the hell you can't even use your own slang/acronym/whatever right? Really? Like af is annoying but asf is just plain dumb. Thats like if for movie theater you said "Hey i'm going to the mt meet me there", still kinda odd but it makes sense. But then that's like instead, you say "Hey i'm going to the moviet meet me there". I hate when people say af but asf is even worse like if you're going to abbreviate something, do it right, not just one and stick the first letter of the next word onto the last one. Wtf.

Just a normal guy with a constant desire to modify everything he owns. 

Check out my current build here:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006447-the-cake-is-a-lie-water-cooled-portal-pc/

When people tell me I don't NEED new fancy pc parts. I might not completely NEED them, but I will have a use for them, and I WANT them!

Same here. Like yeah i obviously don't need to race virtual koenigseggs at 120fps, but i want to dammit!

Just a normal guy with a constant desire to modify everything he owns. 

Check out my current build here:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006447-the-cake-is-a-lie-water-cooled-portal-pc/

Same here. Like yeah i obviously don't need to race virtual koenigseggs at 120fps, but i want to dammit!

Like I didn't need to upgrade to my fx6300 from my old athlon duo, and get a hyper 212, but it was really worth it.

--Gas_Mask_

When someone asks you a question or asks for help, then fights against you every step of the way as if they know the answer. "Why are you doing it that way? Why not this way?" Dammit if you know how to do it, do it yourself.