What Really Grinds Your Gears - LTT edition

PlayStation 2

And so can you. Mac's aren't bad at all and I don't see why people hate them.

Yes, they lack the ability for you to customize them, but besides that, they're no different from any other laptop. 

Just that the top tier Macbook Pro falls short on the CPU, GPU and display compared to, say, a Y50 UHD. SSD size is the same, though the Macbook's SSD is faster, and RAM is (if I'm not wrong) the same as well.

And the Macbook, which is inferior in three core components, and can hardly be upgraded at all (but that's just a laptop thing here) costs almost twice what the Y50 costs. I know, the build quality on the Y50 is not the greatest (even though I prefer the brushed aluminium on it over the anodized, standard Apple stuff), but given that you could get something that's arguably better, comes with better software support, especially outside the US where very few people are on Mac, TWICE... well, you decide whether that's bad or not. I hate Macs because they (especially the Macbooks, and the Pro isn't even the worst - actually, it's the best) are ridiculously expensive, especially for the use scenario for 85% of Mac users who could get by on a $500 laptop just fine, and because of Mac people, who, at least where I am, always try to stand out from the crowd with their Macbooks and don't even see that they stand out the least of all. 

And because of stuff like what happened in a seminar recently, where the lecturer didn't know there was no computer in the room but only a projector, and the first person to show off their device to get stuff to work was a Macbook - and then try to hook that up to a projector.

My drawing skills. Made my own profile pic, if you can't tell

Pentium G3258, R9 280X, Corsair CS600M, Gigabyte GA-H81M-H, 2 Random monitors, a no-name keyboard, a cheap $15 Logitech mouse.

LG G3 Vigor

Welp... what really makes you mad or simply puts you off? Doesn't have to be tech related.

People who use laptops with crappy dual cores when that laptop is expensive really makes me mad. AND PEOPLE WHO CAN'T USE THEIR GOD DAMN BLINKERS

What about you?

What puts me off is people who recommend Noctuas but haven't tried them. I guess they are a personal preference, but my Noctuas are really loud compared to any other fan, even though it's only running 600RPM. I feel like they build up "pressure" in terms of sound, and makes it an unpleasant wave of noise instead of quiet humming.

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

Be that as it may... that should have been a third option on your list.

I believe I posted things that "Grinds my gears." Never said I didn't know how to handle the situation :P

What puts me off is people who recommend Noctuas but haven't tried them. I guess they are a personal preference, but my Noctuas are really loud compared to any other fan, even though it's only running 600RPM. I feel like they build up "pressure" in terms of sound, and makes it an unpleasant wave of noise instead of quiet humming.

That's because you're using PPC fans. They're not made to be quiet, they're made to run in conditions where every other component of a computer would die horribly. They'll run in a dust storm.

When people who zombie watch tv all day and night bitch about we, who actually interact with each other and our media, 'wasting our time playing on that thing' and how we 'need to get a life'. 

"so dad, can you split-screen that golf marathon? grandma's missing the Weather Channel"

Sapphire and GB customer support

The 9001x the average hardware failure rate I have.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And this is supposed to make sense in what way? 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

That finding the perfect mouse is the worst fucking treasure hunt ever. 

Only one mouse with the perfect sensor, G502, yet it's shape isn't quite right and there's blue everywhere instead of black. Fucking a

I just wish a company made mice with no bs, no software added, just make a driverless mouse with perfect lift off distance, adjustable polling rate between 500 mhz and 1000 mhz, 400, 800, 1600, and 3200 dpi. And as for leds, just make them basic colors, no rgb, you get red, blue, yellow, orange, etc, just like what Phanteks did with the Enthoo Luxe. 

The only difference between models is the shape, but all the guts of the mice are exactly the same. 

I'd pay 100 bucks easy for that.

And this is supposed to make sense in what way? 

I was taking the piss because you're upset by people taking games seriously and upset by games being unfinished. ;)

I was taking the piss because you're upset by people taking games seriously and upset by games being unfinished. ;)

To be fair, entertainment should be finished in some sort of way, even if it's awful.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Games being unfinished is more like getting an undercooked burger or a house without a finished roof. Not really what i paid for

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

This. Motherfucker. Right here.

100pdiskusage.png

No software fix in existence. Have the same problem? Better get an SSD, because it's not going away. Ever. No matter what you do. 

Every single computer returned to my store under the 30 day open purchase agreement has been due to the PC being extremely slow. Doesn't matter if it's got an i7 or a Celeron. 

All hail Windows 7?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Shifting without a clutch. 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Games being unfinished is more like getting an undercooked burger or a house without a finished roof. Not really what i paid for

To be fair, entertainment should be finished in some sort of way, even if it's awful.

I agree. As I said, just taking the piss. ;)

When i get called STUPID by non-techies bechause i tell them that their beloved macbooks are crappy and over priced fashion symbols.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

people make threads about something they could literally just put in their status

i've done that in the past though but I've learned my ways.

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

Well, the most recent things which grind my gears are:

Social Justice Warriors

Feminazis

European gamers in League Of Legends

The fact my bank account is practically empty most of the time

That profile pic tho!

Pro Budget Gamer (thats not a thing)

That profile pic tho!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...