Ultimate Case modding GUIDE - Submit your tutorials - Show off your mod!

megadarkwood

Damn now I want to mod my case and buy a modular PSU so I can sleeve and stuff now...thanks

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

Damn now I want to mod my case and buy a modular PSU so I can sleeve and stuff now...thanks

Its what I do. I guess.... Thanks for reading the thread! :D

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Its what I do. I guess.... Thanks for reading the thread! :D

I'll be sure to keep up to date on this thread. I may make Santa bring me some modding goodies :3

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

@alpenwasser and @onevoicewild do a lot of great modding and @pexon is amazing at sleeving so maybe they can give some input.

@alpenwasser and @onevoicewild do a lot of great modding and @pexon is amazing at sleeving so maybe they can give some input.

I have messaged @alpenwasser and @onevoicewild. @JordanMac said he will contribute and I will message @pexon now!

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

I have messaged @alpenwasser and @onevoicewild. @JordanMac said he will contribute and I will message @pexon now!

awesome. here is some of pexons work to get an idea of how good he is. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13787-some-of-my-sleeving-work/?hl=pexon#entry150050

Answered to PM, just a general notification: I could contribute the lacing tutorial

I've already done (link in sig), and I plan to do a few more in the future and could

contribute those as well, but starting tomorrow I'll be in the hospital for at least

the rest of the week (if things go well), and even after that I'm not sure when I'll

be combat-ready again, so whatever I can contribute besides the lacing tutorial will

have to wait.

Generally, I could do some more tutorials on the sleeving technique I used in HELIOS

and the metal work, at least that's what comes to mind at the moment (although I'm

sure @onevoicewild would also have some metal goodness to share :D ).

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Answered to PM, just a general notification: I could contribute the lacing tutorial

I've already done (link in sig), and I plan to do a few more in the future and could

contribute those as well, but starting tomorrow I'll be in the hospital for at least

the rest of the week (if things go well), and even after that I'm not sure when I'll

be combat-ready again, so whatever I can contribute besides the lacing tutorial will

have to wait.

Generally, I could do some more tutorials on the sleeving technique I used in HELIOS

and the metal work, at least that's what comes to mind at the moment (although I'm

sure @onevoicewild would also have some metal goodness to share :D ).

Just sent you a reply! Thanks! :)

Just sent you a reply! Thanks! :)

Excellent. On a side note: I do like myself some clean formatting, makes

information easier to find and take in, and it just looks better (see

also @looney 's threads). :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Updated with our very first tutorial!

Thanks @alpenwasser

I have added some more tutorials and fixed some of the formatting. Check everything out! :D

Also, we need more tutorials! Submit them now!

Just a heads up, my pictures aren't showing.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

I have no idea why, when I go into the edit menu it shows the links with the bbcode in them but they don't show in the thread. ill try my best to fix it.

Should be working now.

Should be working now.

nice, can confirm its fixed :)

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

For recommended materials, add two things:

1. The low-adhesive tape that MonsterMawds recommends (great for masking side panels, etc.)

2. 3M-DINOC Carbon Fiber Wrap (it looks so shmexy)

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

For recommended materials, add two things:

1. The low-adhesive tape that MonsterMawds recommends (great for masking side panels, etc.)

Ill do that

Ill do that

Since we're talking wraps I would also recommend to add 3M's Scotchprint Wrap

Film 1080 series. I think that's what 3M markets to wrap cars these days instead

of Di-Noc (not totally sure though).

EDIT: Link

Since we're talking wraps I would also recommend to add 3M's Scotchprint Wrap

Film 1080 series. I think that's what 3M markets to wrap cars these days instead

of Di-Noc (not totally sure though).

EDIT: Link

Ill add that. But I have no idea why you would want to "Tape" your car XD

But I have no idea why you would want to "Tape" your car XD

Cheaper than repainting it if you want to change colours. Also, it adds

some additional protection for your actual paint coat, and if the wrap

gets damaged it's much easier to replace than repainting your car. I just

think it's a cheat to add carbon-wrap to non-carbon parts (if it looks

like carbon, it better damn well be carbon IMO, but that's just my personal

POV ;) ).

Cheaper than repainting it if you want to change colours. Also, it adds

some additional protection for your actual paint coat, and if the wrap

gets damaged it's much easier to replace than repainting your car. I just

think it's a cheat to add carbon-wrap to non-carbon parts (if it looks

like carbon, it better damn well be carbon IMO, but that's just my personal

POV ;) ).

I guess, I think its kinda stupid though XD

I guess, I think its kinda stupid though XD

Well, as most things, it has its advantages and drawbacks. Which side

outweighs the other is a matter of personal priorities in the end. But

you're probably not alone with your opinion. ;)

Remember im still looking for more tutorials! I have added 2 today and hoping to add more! :D

Remember im still looking for more tutorials! I have added 2 today and hoping to add more! :D

I'll work on a hard pipe bending tutorial in the next few days.