How safe is it putting the pump into the mobo

So when I start my watercool build how safe is it to plug the pump into the mobo because I cant find any adapters that ship to NZ. So I want to know if its safe to use that pump and any other ways I can use it without using the mobo can I plug it into the psu. But then I lose the PWM. Ill probably have it on hundred percent all the time because the loop could be around 5 metres long

https://shop.ekwb.com/ek-xtop-ddc-3-2-pwm-elite-acetal-incl-pump

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

make your own adapter ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

but seriously, plugging it into the mobo should be fine because then it'll be on whenever the system is.

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

make your own adapter ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

but seriously, plugging it into the mobo should be fine because then it'll be on whenever the system is.

good point but @iamdarkyoshi suggested not to do it it might be unsafe

It's not "unsafe" by any means AS LONG AS YOU USE THE 12v input on the mobo if you have one, also known as the PWRfan input.

If you have that, no problem. If you don't then once you get into this BIOS, setup whichever fan header with a MAX RPM setting so the pump gets continuous 100% power. It is essential you have an efficient pump.. that or you can use a molex to a 4 pin and go direct from the power supply.

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ PROJECT: GreenLANTERN (click to view)

It's not "unsafe" by any means AS LONG AS YOU USE THE 12v input on the mobo if you have one, also known as the PWRfan input.

If you have that, no problem. If you don't then once you get into this BIOS, setup whichever fan header with a MAX RPM setting so the pump gets continuous 100% power. It is essential you have an efficient pump.. that or you can use a molex to a 4 pin and go direct from the power supply.

ill keep it in mind

I made my own adapter. But some people here cant.

I dont want to risk it tbh

I dont want to risk it tbh

That pump has two connectors one molex for 12V power in which you connect to the PSU and the other a 4 Pin fan header which takes no power from the motherboard just PWM speed control signal and RPM line.

Power connector:  4-Pin Molex- and 4-Pin PWM FAN connector

Like W-L said it has a 12V Molex connector to get power from the PSU, from the spec sheet:

- Power connector: 4-Pin Molex and 4-Pin PWM FAN connector

Definitely don't try to power it from the motherboard alone (if you even can), a good general rule of thumb on a decent motherboard is, unless otherwise stated, assume 1A per fan header at most, that pump is spec'ed for 18W @ 12V which is 1.5A.

That pump has two connectors one molex for 12V power in which you connect to the PSU and the other a 4 Pin fan header which takes no power from the motherboard just PWM speed control signal and RPM line.

Like W-L said it has a 12V Molex connector to get power from the PSU, from the spec sheet:

- Power connector: 4-Pin Molex and 4-Pin PWM FAN connector

Definitely don't try to power it from the motherboard alone (if you even can), a good general rule of thumb on a decent motherboard is, unless otherwise stated, assume 1A per fan header at most, that pump is spec'ed for 18W @ 12V which is 1.5A.

ok thanks guys