LTT, what do you do?

Jacktastic-Mofo

1) Full time student. (Electronics Engineering)

2) Custom pc building and repair/installation.

3) Semi-professional Video Editor for hire.

TheRedDragon    |i7-5820k (4.2Ghz) || MSI X99S SLI Plus || Crucial 2x8gb 2133hmz DDR4 || MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti 6Gb || Sandisk 128Gb SSD || Seagate Barracuda 3Tb |EVGA 1000W 80+ Pltnm ||  

dossium.net >

Posts that won the internet - Verticle Mice 

1. i'm a chief engineer

be really good at solving problems, and not necessarily technical ones

watching how brilliant people do their job

Define R5 Black Window || i5 4690K || Scythe Kotetsu || Asus Maximus VII Gene || Kingston Fury 8GB || EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked ACX 2.0 || EVGA G2 750W || SSD/HDD/ODD

Painfully hard? I'd like to see some elaboration there. At least compared with manual labor and food services. I used to work in a Domino's that was at least 115 degrees F during the summer.

Painfully hard doesn't necessarily mean physically painful working conditions. For example, being successful as a youtube content creator such as Linus requires constant networking. Maintaining sponsors, getting contacts at tech companies to send items to review, research to keep current on latest technologies, maintaining an active presence on social media, etc. Media related career fields are also very saturated so in order to stand out, you really have to always be working constantly to show you have what it takes. Same goes for other career fields such as journalism, radio, TV, etc.

For my own contribution to this thread however:

1) Full time Engineer

2) It's ok to change your mind about what you want to do. You may start off wanting to work on cars or airplanes, but find you actually enjoy designing pumps or air conditioning units.

3) I have gotten opportunities to do things that I never imagined I would ever do. Such as travel to Germany (including getting to visit and drive the Nurburgring), live in Japan for a month, and learn a lot about certain technologies which remain mysterious to most people.

then if you're lucky and talented the profit will come.

excellent point - you'll need skill + opportunity to align

you could be the most talented person ever, but if there's no business case for your skills then you're stuck

Define R5 Black Window || i5 4690K || Scythe Kotetsu || Asus Maximus VII Gene || Kingston Fury 8GB || EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked ACX 2.0 || EVGA G2 750W || SSD/HDD/ODD

1. CS student

learn math, don't ask, just do it

All of it is very interesting but the best part is the Xbox One and Wii to game on a 65'' TV with 5.1 surround and an old arcade console, two table soccer tables and a billiard table for our free time, which is nice. and free coffee

Eiffel: The most useful programming language ever

1) Currently doing internship to graduate from College and then hopefully getting that dreamjob in London!

2) I do social media stuff. Pro-tip: Don't post in your company's name on social media.

3) Interacting with the community and the marketing part behind it.

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

What do you do for a living? - I work for a car leasing business, I manage a 250 vehicle fleet that we use for short term lease, and I aid in vehicle re-marketing/disposal - mostly auctions

What advice do you have for someone getting into that field? No idea, its a mostly administrative job, so be organised

What's your favorite part of your job? The hours and the pay is ok - its not very stressful,  - honestly its quite easy and boring

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

HVAC system programmer (hopefully finding a new job this summer when my contract is up though).

Know someone who is already in the field.

Occasionally I get to go onsite and do work so it's nice to see what you're doing actually work.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

1. Primarly, I work as an independant server and network techinician, but I also do freelance programming. Secondly, I work as a paid intern at a law firm.

For the server and network technician: Be at the right place at the right time. It also doesn't hurt to have Microsoft and Cisco certificates. For the internship: Study law and ask around.

My favorit part of the job is the same for both.  I do find some perverted enjoyment in seeing how royaly people can screw up mondane things.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

• Corporate accounts manager
  • Love what you do - don't treat work as a chore. Find something you enjoy and as Linus said, money will come with it
  • Every different quote or order is a unique challenge. One day I'll be finding the smallest box with 16 video outputs, the next planning a WiFi deployment and network infrastructure.

1. I am a carer for my other half who suffers with Epilepsy.

2. You don't want to try to get into this field as it is very hard to watch helplessly while your significant other convulses on the floor and turns blue.

3. I get to sleep with the boss.

1. Student (high school)

2. Be present and stay awake. That's all.

3. Perhaps knowing that after graduation I could finally get out of poverty?

If it's regarding work, then:

1. Unemployed in a place with no jobs, with lack of money and legal obligations preventing me from moving.

2. Stay in cities. Don't bother moving to rural areas unless it's necessary, you'll regret it fast.

3. I guess the fact that I get some social support without needing to work... But I'd rather have a job, getting bored of living perpetually poor.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

1. Sys Admin

2. Be a good people person

3.Great team and i get to play with tech all day :D

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

1. Student (Multimedia Arts if that means anything).

2. Do anything that has a deadline before the deadline, but either than that just chill.

3. Watching the enrolling of classes go to hell because the school's website for it dies.

1. Studying 3d animation and game development at Digital Tutors.

2. You must have a passion for the field you're pursuing, it should be something that you'll see yourself doing for the rest of your career with a smile on your face.

3. The people's reaction to my content.

1) I'm a university student

2) Choose a subject you like

3) I can finally use my laptop to take notes 

Rig: Thermaltake Urban S71 | MSI Z77 G45-Gaming Intel Core i5 3570K (4.4Ghz @ 1.4v) CM Hyper 212 EVO | Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB | MSI GTX 660 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 3TB HDD | EVGA 850W B2