First Time Builder Advice

Go to solution Solved by Sloppyhail,

The case you purchased doesn't have front USB 3 panel.

The motherboard comes with a front panel USB insert, sorry for the grammer making it seem like the case has a front panel USB 3, which is doesn't.

Stick another 240gb 730 in there

RAID0 that sh**

Use the hdd as a backup

Bam.

Instant lightspeed

That is a great idea, and I will be getting another 730 for that in the future. Boom.

Good evening, after many months of deliberation i have decided to build my first pc, I have decided to use Intel's "New Hottness", Skylake. I have never overclocked, but i am open to the idea and would like to try. I have the case, PSU and Ram already, I just need a little advice on the CPU, Motherboard combination, I researched the Ram before purchasing and it is compatable with the board on my list. An upgrade to my GPU (660) and peripherals ( Xbox 360 controller, and some Dell OEM keyboard and mouse) will be coming soon but to begin with im building the core of my new system first so when i have the funds for a nice monitor and GPU my system will be able to use them to their fullest, or near fullest potential. That is a good idea, :unsure: right? I will mostly use this build as a gaming rig, but it will double as a home computer as well and the extra front panel usb 3.1 and C connectors the Motherboard offers will be usefull, my future wife is not into reaching around the back of things to find the correct input......

Well here is the Pcpartpicker link, http://pcpartpicker.com/p/tVLQ4D

I have a 240 GB 730 series Intel SSD for my games, BF4 and GTA V, and soon to be Battlefront, and a 1TB HDD with my OS on it, currently windows 7, but before completing the new build i will most likely upgrade to Windows 10, waiting to see how the newest update goes, and also to save myself the greif of no usb 3 support.

As for the budget right now, $550 would be the limit, but going cheaper will just add more to the future GPU monitor upgrade, which is always nice.

Any suggestions and advise would be very helpfull.

Thank you

We'll make it! Or die trying!

Good evening, after many months of deliberation i have decided to build my first pc, I have decided to use Intel's "New Hottness", Skylake. I have never overclocked, but i am open to the idea and would like to try. I have the case, PSU and Ram already, I just need a little advice on the CPU, Motherboard combination, I researched the Ram before purchasing and it is compatable with the board on my list. An upgrade to my GPU (660) and peripherals ( Xbox 360 controller, and some Dell OEM keyboard and mouse) will be coming soon but to begin with im building the core of my new system first so when i have the funds for a nice monitor and GPU my system will be able to use them to their fullest, or near fullest potential. That is a good idea, :unsure: right? I will mostly use this build as a gaming rig, but it will double as a home computer as well and the extra front panel usb 3.1 and C connectors the Motherboard offers will be usefull, my future wife is not into reaching around the back of things to find the correct input......

I have a 240 GB 730 series Intel SSD for my games, BF4 and GTA V, and soon to be Battlefront, and a 1TB HDD with my OS on it, currently windows 7, but before completing the new build i will most likely upgrade to Windows 10, waiting to see how the newest update goes, and also to save myself the greif of no usb 3 support.

As for the budget right now, $550 would be the limit, but going cheaper will just add more to the future GPU monitor upgrade, which is always nice.

Thank you

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-z170a that mobo is good

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

Thank you

Thank you

RAID0 that sh**

Use the hdd as a backup

Bam.

Instant lightspeed

Shipping sucks

The motherboard comes with a front panel USB insert, sorry for the grammer making it seem like the case has a front panel USB 3, which is doesn't.

RAID0 that sh**

Use the hdd as a backup

Bam.

Instant lightspeed

That is a great idea, and I will be getting another 730 for that in the future. Boom.

We'll make it! Or die trying!