PSU Recommendation

namarino

Hey guys, I'm building a PC with the following parts:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FTWQ4D
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FTWQ4D/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($312.95 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 73.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($94.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus Z97-AR ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($127.99 @ Micro Center)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB HYBRID Video Card  ($699.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1235.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-04 14:30 EST-0500

Can you guys recommend a PSU?? I believe that 750W should be enough but what brand and what model would you recommend?? Thanks for your help!

Unless you may sli in the future, a 650W would be fine, and there is a list of psu's in my sig tier 1 or 2 would be recommended.

My personal preference is the G2 from EVGA, as it has very clean power output

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

XFX, SeaSonic, Delta Electronics, Corsair RM/RMi/HX/HXi/AX/AXi, EVGA B2/G2/P2/SuperNova...

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

You can run fine with a 600w one

Personal fav's are Antec, xfx, evga, and seasonic

why don't you have ram? or storage?

This is my second PC so I already have all that stuff from the previous one :)

Check out my PSU whitelist that's in my sig!

Oh thanks man! With regards to EVGA's PSUs, I've noticed that they are among the cheaper options. Is this a case where you are getting what you pay for or are they generally among the best?? I know they were in your whitelist but I was just checking.

Oh thanks man! With regards to EVGA's PSUs, I've noticed that they are among the cheaper options. Is this a case where you are getting what you pay for or are they generally among the best?? I know they were in your whitelist but I was just checking.

In general, you pay more, you get more with PSUs, but there are ones that cost more simply because of the name brand (Corsair, for example, who sells lots of good PSUs but for more than many other equivalent ones from other brands). With EVGA they have mainly the good stuff in their more expensive lineups, bar the B2. The B2 is good and pretty cheap.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

In general, you pay more, you get more with PSUs, but there are ones that cost more simply because of the name brand (Corsair, for example, who sells lots of good PSUs but for more than many other equivalent ones from other brands). With EVGA they have mainly the good stuff in their more expensive lineups, bar the B2. The B2 is good and pretty cheap.

Gotchya. Would you recommend this EVGA one??

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438054&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=