Anyone had a chance to try out Rainbow Six Siege beta yet?

DND

Just wanted to ask if anyone had tried playing on beta? I'm planning to pre-order the game. Is it good? Is it worth getting?

Spoiler

PC: CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X @ Curve optimzer -25,  Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black, Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B500-F Gaming WiFi II, GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800XT @ Stock , RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL18, HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Team Group MP33 1TB NVME, Case: NZXT H7 Flow Black, PSU: NZXT C1200  I Peripherals: Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6 RGB Special Edition, Mouse: Razer Orochi V2, Headset: Philips SHP9500, Mousepad: Glorious Stealth Extended I Laptop: MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro CPU: i7-6700HQ@ 2.6ghz, GPU: GTX 1060, Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz, HDD: 1TB+128GB SSD

If you like wannabe tactical shooters that have alot of people that have no idea how to use tactics then yes. But i didnt enjoy it, i would rather play arma 3 or battlefield. 

I have about 5 friends that all played it. Each of them said it wasn't even worth downloading the Beta. Don't pre-order it, wait to see reviews 

With the number of keys going around lately, I'm sure everyone on this forum has played it by now.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

If you like wannabe tactical shooters that have alot of people that have no idea how to use tactics then yes. But i didnt enjoy it, i would rather play arma 3 or battlefield. 

Hahahaha, on point. 

I have about 5 friends that all played it. Each of them said it wasn't even worth downloading the Beta. Don't pre-order it, wait to see reviews 

oh i see.

Spoiler

PC: CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X @ Curve optimzer -25,  Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black, Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B500-F Gaming WiFi II, GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800XT @ Stock , RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL18, HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Team Group MP33 1TB NVME, Case: NZXT H7 Flow Black, PSU: NZXT C1200  I Peripherals: Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6 RGB Special Edition, Mouse: Razer Orochi V2, Headset: Philips SHP9500, Mousepad: Glorious Stealth Extended I Laptop: MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro CPU: i7-6700HQ@ 2.6ghz, GPU: GTX 1060, Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz, HDD: 1TB+128GB SSD

With the number of keys going around lately, I'm sure everyone on this forum has played it by now.

yeah, i registered for their closed-beta and didn't get any :(.

Spoiler

Played it found it pretty eh, defenders is nothing but a camp fest. you literally sit there waiting for shit to happen in 1 room

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Don't pre-order games.. that's not good.

The game isn't horrible, but pistols one-shot headshot and shield/laser combo is OP. The game plays really good on most PCs and I enjoyed it a bit. I wouldn't put tons of hours into it.

If you want tactics, CS:GO is more for you.. R6:S usually goes down like this:

OK, found the bombs.. let's go in, team! *one attacker dies because the enemy can snipe your spawn from the building the bomb is in* "Oh shit, one's down!" *Team breaches house* *Shortly thereafter, all of the attacking team is dead except for one guy.. that guy.. is Shield Guy!* *Shield guy crawls along the ground, invincible to all gunfire, then using his pistol with a laser attached he kills the rest of the defending team since hipfire is deadly accurate* -

That's about how it goes. If there is no shield guy or he sucks, defenders usually win. If there is a shield, a whole lot of teamwork is required to kill him.

I had a whole lot of fun with the Beta, but I'm not gonna buy the game for $60 USD.

I used to be quite active here.

Played it found it pretty eh, defenders is nothing but a camp fest. you literally sit there waiting for shit to happen in 1 room

i see. it's not that competitive eh?

Spoiler

I hated it. It feels like Ubisoft is trying to make a bad Counter-Strike rip-off and not a Rainbow Six game.

Don't pre-order games.. that's not good.

The game isn't horrible, but pistols one-shot headshot and shield/laser combo is OP. The game plays really good on most PCs and I enjoyed it a bit. I wouldn't put tons of hours into it.

If you want tactics, CS:GO is more for you.. R6:S usually goes down like this:

OK, found the bombs.. let's go in, team! *one attacker dies because the enemy can snipe your spawn from the building the bomb is in* "Oh shit, one's down!" *Team breaches house* *Shortly thereafter, all of the attacking team is dead except for one guy.. that guy.. is Shield Guy!* *Shield guy crawls along the ground, invincible to all gunfire, then using his pistol with a laser attached he kills the rest of the defending team since hipfire is deadly accurate* -

That's about how it goes. If there is no shield guy or he sucks, defenders usually win. If there is a shield, a whole lot of teamwork is required to kill him.

I had a whole lot of fun with the Beta, but I'm not gonna buy the game for $60 USD.

oh i see. i actually have cs:go but i really suck at it. unlike in cs 1.3 hahaha. 

and why do you say pre-ordering is bad? Just curious :).

Spoiler

if you want competitive, play csgo

or bf4 hardcore tdm with a  clan V Clan

yeah, been thinking about getting b4 genuine copy. Is it still worth it?

Spoiler

oh i see. i actually have cs:go but i really suck at it. unlike in cs 1.3 hahaha. 

and why do you say pre-ordering is bad? Just curious :).

Pre-ordering is bad because you've already given your money to the developer no matter how bad or good the game may be. Just look at people that pre-ordered Titanfall, that game is mostly dead now. And people that pre-ordered Watch_Dogs, I haven't even heard of that game in a while.

You're basically telling the developer "I don't care how bad the game is because you already have my money and can put less effort into the final product."

premium goes for around 30-14$ on sales so buy it then

kay thanks imma try and go wait for it to go on sale.

Spoiler

Pre-ordering is bad because you've already given your money to the developer no matter how bad or good the game may be. Just look at people that pre-ordered Titanfall, that game is mostly dead now. And people that pre-ordered Watch_Dogs, I haven't even heard of that game in a while.

You're basically telling the developer "I don't care how bad the game is because you already have my money and can put less effort into the final product."

oh yeah. now i get it. Yeah that two games that you mentioned was really a hype game played watch dogs on my laptop and didn't even dared to finish the game and for titanfall really haven't played the game but yeah didn't even hear much of it. i actually go pre-ordering for the freebies hehehe :3

Spoiler

I played both the Pre-beta and the beta, it was terrible! I was so hyped for this game until i played it :/ I played Rainbow six vegas 2 for 3 years as my primary game and loved it, i thought this game would have to be amazing if it was a Tom Clancy game but nope i can't recommend it to anyone! The whole movement and gun mechanic just felt so broken an janky such a disappointment :/

oh yeah. now i get it. Yeah that two games that you mentioned was really a hype game played watch dogs on my laptop and didn't even dared to finish the game and for titanfall really haven't played the game but yeah didn't even hear much of it. i actually go pre-ordering for the freebies hehehe :3

Yeah.. You CAN pre-order, I can't stop you from doing it, but in my experience the freebies aren't worth the risk of getting a "meh" game.

Yeah.. You CAN pre-order, I can't stop you from doing it, but in my experience the freebies aren't worth the risk of getting a "meh" game.

Yeah i think so too. Anyways thanks :)

Spoiler

i see. it's not that competitive eh?

Its not that its not competitive, I mean I don't see it being an esports title but its just the most effective way to go about things the way the game plays out is this.

You have attackers and defenders. attackers need to find the objective (bomb hostage, whatever) Defenders have to defend the objective, this involves fortifying the room with the objective then hunkering down with it to have the most fire power as possible by it and to respond to attackers ASAP. Its simply the most effective way to do your job as a defender. 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I thought it was a fun casual type shooter not tactical though if that's what your looking for, I quite enjoyed it though.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Its not that its not competitive, I mean I don't see it being an esports title but its just the most effective way to go about things the way the game plays out is this.

You have attackers and defenders. attackers need to find the objective (bomb hostage, whatever) Defenders have to defend the objective, this involves fortifying the room with the objective then hunkering down with it to have the most fire power as possible by it and to respond to attackers ASAP. Its simply the most effective way to do your job as a defender. 

oh i see. Maybe i'll just pass on this release and get something really worth paying for.

Spoiler

i had 3 keys

its a tactical shooter, the grapling hook is the best feature imo

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)