Motorola and verizon announces DROID Turbo 2 and DROID Maxx 2

Arcanekitten

Today verizon launches there new phones which are popular because of there big batteries and this year they are even better.

The DROID Turbo 2 has some top of the line specs featuring the hot running snapdragon 810, a 5.4" POLED 1440p screen, a 21mp back and 5mp front camera, the standard model includes 32 GB of storage and by the use of Moto maker (which is currently not available everywhere) a 64 GB model.

It also packs some other features like Motorola s own turbopower charging technology, NFC, lollipop 5.1, Qi Wireless charging, a micro sd slot and the Motorola dimple (which size seems to be of the Moto X 2015)
And the big thing the DROID Turbo is popular for the large 3.740 mah battery.
Sadly Motorola isn't jumping on the USB type C wagon yet and still uses the micro B standard

Also a other feature which Motorola makes a pretty big claim on that it has a shatterproof screen which personally we need to see first before we belief it.
motolora says The shatterproof screen should last 4 years without breaking in "normal use " for example not like hitting it with a sledge hammer :P
Also if you buy the DROID Turbo 2 before 31 of December you will get a "design refresh " which gives you the ability to swap the design on your DROID Turbo within 2 years after purchase and only is available for the 64 GB model.

Also here is a video they uploaded about it which takes some shots at other phone e manufacturers (mostly apple)

Now for the more lesser version of the pair the DROID Maxx 2

It comes backed with the snapdragon 615, a bigger but lesser resolution 5.5" 1080p IPS screen, 21mp back and 5mp front camera, Gorilla glass 3 not shatterproof*,16 GB of storage, a micro sd slot, a smaller 3.630 which runs lollipop 5.1 but both the new phones will receive the marshmallow update ( 6.0 ), 2 GB of ram and Mono Front facing speakers

Also both phones feature all the motorola gesture and notification functions like seen on the Moto Series

The DROID Turbo 2 comes at a high price of $630 and the DROID Maxx 2 at a more affordable price which is $384 and should become available on the 29th of October 2015 yes 2 days from now :3 but sadly the sad part in Amurica only :/ and even if you live in America it's a verizon exclusive which sucks.

Personally the shatterproof screen is a big selling point if it works and the choice of a QHD screen on the DROID Turbo 2 seems head scratching since that will reduce battery life a lot a thing the DROID Turbo is so popular for also for the design MAN that verizon logo is just ugly as fuck why not on the back or something...

But hey I won't even be having this phone since its America only and since I live in the EU that ain't happening any time soon :/

it is coming to the EU look at the second edit.

EDIT 1 : forgot to mention somethings Thanks to @Scheer for saying :)

BIG UPDATE : I saw today that there will be a EU edition :D it's renamed to the Moto X force in the EU pricing is unknown sadly

Source for EU version (Dutch use Google translate but its basicly the same phone but without the verizon logo and probable some other band stuff in it)

http://tweakers.net/nieuws/106044/motorola-kondigt-moto-x-force-met-stevig-scherm-aan.html?nb=2015-10-30&u=1300

For Wan show Thank me later :P @nicklmg @LinusTech

SOURCE: http://www.droid-life.com/2015/10/27/verizon-announces-turbo-2-maxx-2/

post-194327-0-07963400-1445985163.jpg

post-194327-0-50367100-1445985188.jpg

post-194327-0-03575800-1445985240.jpg

post-194327-0-79873500-1445985248.jpg

post-194327-0-36124800-1445985277.jpg

post-194327-0-19830200-1445985289.jpg

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Assuming it's Verizon exclusive? Ugh.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

If Sprint doesn't get this phone, I am done.

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

Assuming it's Verizon exclusive? Ugh.

Yup (edited the post it mentions it now ) :/

You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

SO WANT! DROID TURBO 2...or whatever it's called internationally...

Sig under construction.

Turbo 1 Ballistic is perfect. Turbo 2 is super fucking ugly.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Why an 810 WHY

Why not? Both Microsoft and Sony have found solutions for the excessive heat surely they aren't the only ones.

Just wanted to add that the Turbo 2 does support Qi AND PMA wireless charging, which no one seems to be reporting on. 

They were announced yesterday, but you cannot buy them until Thursday (the 29th).

I'm fairly sure you have to get the 64GB model to get the design refresh. I don't think they have said if it will be a re-certified or new device tho.

Its still using micro USB, but I guess there has to be a compromise somewhere.

Trying to break the display: 

They don't actually show the entire horse standing on the phone... may have been a trainer holding the hoof on the phone without putting a ton of weight on it. But you can see toward the end the display is royal messed up, with two large dents, but is still functioning. I'm still plenty happy with that, at least it would be usable while you are waiting for a new phone for those who have insurance that have to ship the replacements to you.

Turbo 1 Ballistic is perfect. Turbo 2 is super fucking ugly.

You can get the Turbo 2 in Ballistic as well.

What is the outer layer of the shatterproof screen made of? Plastic?

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

What is the outer layer of the shatterproof screen made of? Plastic?

Not sure..

Finally found my new phone: sensible form factor, expandable storage, good-enough SoC & RAM, good battery life, and an OS that hasn't been designed by Apple.

Expected I'd be holding out until next year for the Snapdragon 820 and possible (re)adoption of MicroSDXC from more vendors but the sooner I can throw my iPhone 4 under a bus the happier I'll be.

Only slight disappointment is that it's Micro USB rather than Type C but the fast-charging and expandable storage should make up for that.

If Sprint doesn't get this phone, I am done.

For the Moto x Force "Force will launch in mid-November for £499 for the 32GB model and £534 for the 64GB configuration, though various carrier deals will also be available."

http://www.engadget.com/2015/10/29/moto-x-force/

AwwYeaWithText.png

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

What is this carrier exclusive trash?

This is the perfect device from Motorola and they ruined it by limiting it to Verizon, and the sale of the Moto X Force is everywhere except the US.

God, this garbage.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

AwwYeaWithText.png

yeah m8 i know right 

For the Moto x Force "Force will launch in mid-November for £499 for the 32GB model and £534 for the 64GB configuration, though various carrier deals will also be available."

http://www.engadget.com/2015/10/29/moto-x-force/

Thanks i already updated the article but now we know the price :)

Not sure..

"The screen contains not a shard of glass; rather it is made of five layers of shock-absorbing plastic. It is said to be indistinguishable from a normal, shatter-prone screen to the touch, but we will have to wait until we get our hands on it to confirm or deny that." - AndroidPit

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

"Plexi-Glass"

Just slap a layer of plexi-glass on and any phone's screen is virtually unbreakable. Will it get scratches? YES. But that is to be expected as with any material.