Bad news for YTS (YIFY)

DEMENTEDKEY2

wtf is YTS

edit: popcorn time isnt down for me

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

wtf is YTS

Illegal movies.

Oh, it was one of those Popcorn Time servers or something right?
Heard about it yesterday.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

It's been down since last week. Sad news for me :(

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

It's been down since last week. Sad news for me :(

Cough Cough less compressed Cough out there 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Popcorn time is a really bad idea, I've never heard of yts

The Pirate Bay will never die it seems which is funny as it was the biggest target for years

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

nooo. that was a good source for movies.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

Illegal movies.

Only depending on what country you are in. YTS isn't illegal, but it is illegal to use their service in the US, and many European countries.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

OP, are you just lazy posting or what? <_<

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Torrent Freak just posted an article titled: YIFY/YTS MAY BE GONE FOR GOOD.

I hope they are. Their releases were God awful. The people rating them 10/10 in video and audio quality must have been blind and deaf.

It would make room for better groups to rise in popularity.

I hope they are. Their releases were God awful. The people rating them 10/10 in video and audio quality must have been blind and deaf.

YIFY's quality really wasn't that bad. It wasn't the best by any means, but it certainly wasn't bad. Considering the ease of use of the site (click one button and you're done), and the small file sizes and it wasn't too bad.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

YIFY's quality really wasn't that bad. It wasn't the best by any means, but it certainly wasn't bad. Considering the ease of use of the site (click one button and you're done), and the small file sizes and it wasn't too bad.

it was bad in comparison that their were better copies

and yifi doesn't do 5.1

Did they deserve 10/10? Probably not most times. But for that size their movies were more than good. Yes, you could see a pixel here and there but for less than 2 GBish 1080p some were amazing. I tried The Amazing Spider Man 2 on my TV and it was almost excellent in terms of video quality when compared to some other 6.5 GB release that I don't remember from whom it was. I really don't know what movies you downloaded to think they were god awful. Seriously, I'll gladly dl them just to check. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Once you get a decent 5.1 YIFY doesn't cut it.

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

Did they deserve 10/10? Probably not most times. But for that size their movies were more than good. Yes, you could see a pixel here and there but for less than 2 GBish 1080p some were amazing. I tried The Amazing Spider Man 2 on my TV and it was almost excellent in terms of video quality when compared to some other 6.5 GB release that I don't remember from whom it was. I really don't know what movies you downloaded to think they were god awful. Seriously, I'll gladly dl them just to check. 

10/10 never

Never was 5.1 Audio

and the bitrate is negligible

10/10 never

Ok I agree on that since you can see pixels many times, I'm on phone so I don't triple checking eveverything. 

Ok I agree on that since you can see pixels many times, I'm on phone so I don't triple checking eveverything. 

ok, on a phone i could see that

but generally i watch movies on the tv.

ok, on a phone i could see that

but generally i watch movies on the tv.

Oh not that, I'm on plhone atm so I don't triple check everything since it's annoying to write big texts. I very rarely watch movies on phone. 

I would rate their quality a 5/10 at best. As in average.

They would have been able to get a lot better quality:size ratio if they put in some effort, but they didn't. They just downloaded another release from for example PublicHD and then used the same settings as on every other release they've made.

If you just want to pirate a movie quickly and just watch it once then sure, get the YIFY release. It's not like you can't make out what is going on. But their releases are not good compared to what they could have released if they put in more time and effort.

I would rate their quality a 5/10 at best. As in average.

They would have been able to get a lot better quality:size ratio if they put in some effort, but they didn't. They just downloaded another release from for example PublicHD and then used the same settings as on every other release they've made.

If you just want to pirate a movie quickly and just watch it once then sure, get the YIFY release. It's not like you can't make out what is going on. But their releases are not good compared to what they could have released if they put in more time and effort.

Finally someone with some sense, they are good for when blind family members or friends ask for a movie that you aren't interested in watching.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Only depending on what country you are in. YTS isn't illegal, but it is illegal to use their service in the US, and many European countries.

you mean legal in 3rd world.........

425389-1691244_not_sure_if_troll_super_s

lives on

BAKABT

you mean legal in 3rd world.........

Nope some few modernized countries have no copyright law in place.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Nope some few modernized countries have no copyright law in place.

really... and supposed there is holes in copyright law

lives on

BAKABT