NASA Inviting 50 Social Media Users to Watch Space Launch

Mujteba

NASA recently posted the following on their twitter page

post-163060-0-70444700-1445831515.jpg 

Social media users are invited to apply for credentials to attend the targeted Dec. 3 launch of the Orbital ATK Cygnus spacecraft on a United Launch Alliance Atlas V rocket from Space Launch Complex 41 at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida.

The space giant NASA, is organising this for the launch of the their cargo space-craft and are obviously pushing for social media users to spread the word on this event. 

Take the opportunity to be on the front line to blog, tweet or Instagram everything about Orbital ATK's fourth commercial resupply mission to the space station and first from Florida.

NASA Social participants will have the opportunity to:

• View a launch of Orbital ATK’s Cygnus Spacecraft on an Atlas V rocket
  • Tour NASA facilities at Kennedy Space Center
  • Speak with representatives from NASA, Orbital ATK and Center for the Advancement of Science in Space (CASIS)
  • View and take photographs of the United Launch Alliance Atlas V launch pad
  • Meet fellow space enthusiasts who are active on social media
  • Meet members of Orbital ATK and NASA's social media teams

The event will take place in Florida, December 2-3 and the launch is planned for December 3.

However, this invitation is only open to frequent, cross-platform social media users with an established history and their own multimedia content. Still I think this is really awesome! Get Linus or Dimitri onto it  :D

Source: http://www.nasa.gov/social/orbital-dec2015

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

Will probably just end up being a bunch of

A. Social media celebrities

B. Popular Photographers

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

B. Popular Photographers

That's probably the point

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: GTX 1070 TI RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (4x4) Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) PSU: Corsair RM Series RM750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 no window

B. Popular Photographers

Hence the reason; Fuck NASA's PR Team?

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Let hope it works to drum up interest from those that don't already follow nasa circles.  Certainly can't hurt to get and keep more people interested in science, engineering and space.

B. Popular Photographers

C. Anita Sarkeesian

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

-snip-

Get Linus or Dimitri onto it  :D 

I vote Dimitri!

He takes the best footage of any youtuber. I'd like to see his skills with a shuttle launch, in 4k lol

Higher frame rate over higher resolution.

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k

Personally I'm gunning for Destin from SmarterEveryDay for some interesting questions and commentary.  Not that techtubers couldn't do so, they just have a more diverse audience to pander to. I'll die a little on the inside if they don't have at least 1 socialcloutist that has a grasp on basics going in.

C. Anita Sarkeesian

That rocket looks like a penis I hate it, this is so oppressing to women everywhere why couldnt it have just been a circl- oh wait thats offensive too it looks like a testicle. Ya know what space travel as a whole should just stop its clearly an oppressive waste of money. Oh yeh and why are most of the astronauts men? So oppressive

smh feminism

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

That rocket looks like a penis I hate it, this is so oppressing to women everywhere why couldnt it have just been a circl- oh wait thats offensive too it looks like a testicle. Ya know what space travel as a whole should just stop its clearly an oppressive waste of money. Oh yeh and why are most of the astronauts men? So oppressive

smh feminism

There was a women that said all of physics was sexist.

>using smh unironically

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)