[Updated 11/4/15] Fallout 4 to NOT feature Nvidia Gameworks, but Nvidia is still working with Bethesda on the game.

ChrisxIxCross

So the discussion you want to do, is whether a GameWorks branded game is running poorer on AMD without GameWorks effects activated, than NVidia?

That is surely a more complicated matter, as few reviewers diasble ALL GameWorks effects in their benchmakrs (this includes HBAO and TXAA).

Witcher 3 and Far Cry 4 do seem to work fairly well on AMD without GameWorks, but the rest of them all seem to run poorly on AMD even without these effects. Like in your own example with Assassins Creed unity, where a 780 beats a 290x.

If you know of a GameWorks game that runs better on AMD than Nvidia (or at least just similar), please do enlighten me.

Like I said, I made a reply to you that I linked in my signature that you dismiss because it doesn't fit what you want the truth to be.

Yeah, let's all hate NVidia for implementing nice features!  -_- 

Stupid people are stupid.

Yeah, let's all hate NVidia for implementing nice features!  -_- 

Stupid people are stupid.

I agree with some of the reasons people don't like it, but a majority of it is irrational thinking. I honestly can't understand how people can be like this.

Umm no. The more support companies doing engine get by getting more customers and money the more often they can update said engines.

Updating engines doesn't change the certain ways each engine looks like.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Umm no. The more support companies doing engine get by getting more customers and money the more often they can update said engines.

Could you rephrase that please

Could you rephrase that please

Certainly: Crytek builds the CryEngine. They do x amount of business and invest y amount back into a new update.

The more sales they have the more they can expand their operations and the faster they can push more often updates. Up to a certain extent of course but the more engines are used means that they'll improve faster and to greater extends of fidelity and efficiency.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Updating engines doesn't change the certain ways each engine looks like.

Not necessarily but they could. I never suggested just one, choice is good but companies specialized on engines is better than everyone building their own.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Certainly: Crytek builds the CryEngine. They do x amount of business and invest y amount back into a new update.

The more sales they have the more they can expand their operations and the faster they can push more often updates. Up to a certain extent of course but the more engines are used means that they'll improve faster and to greater extends of fidelity and efficiency.

Oh okay. It's just that the post I quoted from you didn't make sense to me, grammatically - I couldn't make out what you were saying at all, kek.

Well I'd certainly rather have the features implemented over just ommiting them altogether.

Sorry I'd like the devs to actually try to make the game look nice.

(And I have amd builds... Still looks better with it than without it.)

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Well I'd certainly rather have the features implemented over just ommiting them altogether.

Sorry I'd like the devs to actually try to make the game look nice.

(And I have amd builds... Still looks better with it than without it.)

The game is going to look fine enough. Plus, as someone else brought up earlier in the thread, there's going to be mods for the game that will offer better graphical fidelity over what is offered in the vanilla game.

I still wish developers would just spend more time on their own game and not have to outsource tech.

The game is going to look fine enough. Plus, as someone else brought up earlier in the thread, there's going to be mods for the game that will offer better graphical fidelity over what is offered in the vanilla game.

I still wish developers would just spend more time on their own game and not have to outsource tech.

Funnily enough - community mods look better and perform better than GameWorks - makes you wonder why it even exists.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Funnily enough - community mods look better and perform better than GameWorks - makes you wonder why it even exists.

Gameworks has more than just lighting. There's also physics simulation.

Gameworks has more than just lighting. There's also physics simulation.

Again - community mods look better and perform better AND are open-source

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Does the game look better or worse with the tech? That is the only question you should actually be asking. Mods are great, but that doesn't mean that skyrim wouldn't look way better with today's technology for graphics generation, because it would.

I wish devs would spend time not making broken shit, but hey that's what drivers are for (literally 90%+ of all driver data is patching fucked up game code). Outsourcing a graphics rendering technique is literally one of the best things that can happen for games when it means at worse you have to go without it and at best, the devs GET to spend more time doing their actual game not trying to do things they clearly don't understand.

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Because you can't run community mods under GameWorks... sigh.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

Because you can't run community mods under GameWorks... sigh.

You can't cause it's a blackbox. No modder is willing to pay a 5-figure sum in order to mod it....

Again - community mods look better and perform better AND are open-source

Is there a mod alternative to HairWorks?

Does the game look better or worse with the tech? That is the only question you should actually be asking. Mods are great, but that doesn't mean that skyrim wouldn't look way better with today's technology for graphics generation, because it would.

I wish devs would spend time not making broken shit, but hey that's what drivers are for (literally 90%+ of all driver data is patching fucked up game code). Outsourcing a graphics rendering technique is literally one of the best things that can happen for games when it means at worse you have to go without it and at best, the devs GET to spend more time doing their actual game not trying to do things they clearly don't understand.

I see what you're saying, but I disagree. I was raised in the way of: if you're going to do something, then do it and finish it. Don't half ass it.

As much of a cult following TES and Fallout have (I'm not saying those games don't have anything good about them in their own right, because they do), they always release in a state to where community fixes are needed and mods are needed for better gameplay.

EDIT: We shouldn't have to do anything to the games to make them better.

You can't cause it's a blackbox. No modder is willing to pay a 5-figure sum in order to mod it....

It's not a blackbox.

Is there a mod alternative to HairWorks?

I see what you're saying, but I disagree. I was raised in the way of: if you're going to do something, then do it and finish it. Don't half ass it.

As much of a cult following TES and Fallout have (I'm not saying those games don't have anything good about them in their own right, because they do), they always release in a state to where community fixes are needed and mods are needed for better gameplay.

EDIT: We shouldn't have to do anything to the games to make them better.

It's not a blackbox.

Even the devs are calling it a blackbox...

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/137965-developers-publicly-criticze-nvidias-gameworks-program-on-twitter-for-its-blackbox-nature/

As for mods - Skyrim has a hair mod that looks the same but doesn't tank performance

I've seen this a million times, and I'll keep saying the same thing: I just don't see it. I have a list of games disproving that. It doesn't fit your idea of the truth, so you dismiss it.

Dunno what else to say.

As for mods - Skyrim has a hair mod that looks the same but doesn't tank performance

Link?

I've seen this a million times, and I'll keep saying the same thing: I just don't see it. I have a list of games disproving that. It doesn't fit your idea of the truth, so you dismiss it.

Dunno what else to say.

Link?

Surprised you've never heard of this - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/10168/?

But then again, you don't care about performance. So long as it's green.

Surprised you've never heard of this - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/10168/?

But then again, you don't care about performance. So long as it's green.

That mod doesn't simulate hair physics?

And stop accusing me of being some kind of Nvidia shill. Jesus christ you people are so delusional

That mod doesn't simulate hair physics?

And stop accusing me of being some kind of Nvidia shill. Jesus christ you people are so delusional

It looks the same, the fact that the hair doesn't flop around isn't really a factor in an action RPG. I don't really spend my time in Witcher 3 watching Geralt's hair, I find that kind of boring.

EDIT: You go out of your way to recommend Nvidia products...

It looks the same, the fact that the hair doesn't flop around isn't really a factor in an action RPG. I don't really spend my time in Witcher 3 watching Geralt's hair, I find that kind of boring.

"It looks the same"

No it doesn't. The hair is static. HairWorks, like TressFX attempts to simulate hair physics, something that mod doesn't do.

I don't spend my time looking at Geralt's hair either. I also don't spend my time looking at every corner where a shadow needs to be projected.

I also don't spend my time staring at textures.

I guess we should just say fuck new graphics technology and go back to pong. That was the best game of all time.

"It looks the same"

No it doesn't. The hair is static. HairWorks, like TressFX attempts to simulate hair physics, something that mod doesn't do.

I don't spend my time looking at Geralt's hair either. I also don't spend my time looking at every corner where a shadow needs to be projected.

I also don't spend my time staring at textures.

I guess we should just say fuck new graphics technology and go back to pong. That was the best game of all time.

Fuck unoptimized tosh*