Is there a way to improve the price or performance of this while keeping its color scheme?

Stardar1

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/TK6dRB

(not gonna do the breakdown because of the custom cables)

the goal here was a very green PC, i didnt want to do custom water cooling or paint any parts. 

Is there a way to improve it?

(that motherboard is available on http://uk.amazon.com, so i translated the price there to USD

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

Not unless AMD starts releasing green Radeon cards... and for some reason I don't see that happening :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I mean.. You could buy two MSI R9 390s and plati-dip the red parts green. I think Linus did it, and it worked and looked good.

Better $/P and better performance anyway.

You just take the plastic shroud off and use spray plasti-dip on it. If you ever sell your GPUs, and they don't like green, you can just peel the stuff off.

I used to be quite active here.

I mean.. You could buy two MSI R9 390s and plati-dip the red parts green. I think Linus did it, and it worked and looked good.

Better $/P and better performance anyway.

i didnt want to mess with that

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/TK6dRB

(not gonna do the breakdown because of the custom cables)

the goal here was a very green PC, i didnt want to do custom water cooling or paint any parts. 

Is there a way to improve it?

(that motherboard is available on http://uk.amazon.com, so i translated the price there to USD

Nope, it looks good.

The Canadian Version Of Everything

-Made In Canada

i didnt want to mess with that

But it would be better price/performance. It isn't dangerous, doesn't take much effort, and you get a better PC. SLI 970s won't last too long with games like GTAV using near 4gb VRAM at 1080p. Yeah, 1080p! And, the 390s will do you better in newer games that don't use DX11.

For that price you could make a 5820K dual 980ti rig.

He really wants his green. I'm not one to judge, but seriously he's paying a  lot for useless stuff.

For that price you could make a 5820K dual 980ti rig.

right, but i cant do that in green

Solitaire. 

He really wants his green. I'm not one to judge, but seriously he's paying a  lot for useless stuff.

i do not plan on buying this for many years, if ever. 

anyways, in the GPU department there isnt much i can do, but in the Motherboard department...

is the difference between Z87 and Z97 that much?

Solitaire. 

right, but i cant do that in green

You could just get sapphire's nitro 390s, grey won't interfere with your colour scheme, right?

Also, you can get the mid tower version of the Enthoo Primo to save some money.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Let me tell you about our modding lord and Savior plasti-dip.

did you read the topic?

Solitaire. 

You could just get sapphire's nitro 390s, grey won't interfere with your colour scheme, right?

Also, you can get the mid tower version of the Enthoo Primo to save some money.

eh... 

i wanted the full tower, and i dont think the mid tower comes in green

Solitaire. 

i do not plan on buying this for many years, if ever. 

anyways, in the GPU department there isnt much i can do, but in the Motherboard department...

is the difference between Z87 and Z97 that much?

You can't overclock a 4790k on z87. And I would get the 850 EVO instead of the PRO.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

did you read the topic?

I can't tell you what to do with your money, but you're really wasting yours. You'll regret it later.

You can't overclock a 4790k on z87. And I would get the 850 EVO instead of the PRO.

My friend OC'd his 4770k on H87.

I don't see why intel would limit the overclocking capabilities that much, surely ANY Z series board would be able to overclock?

eh... 

i wanted the full tower, and i dont think the mid tower comes in green

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XRqpTW

Why the 850 Pros and not EVOs?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

I can't tell you what to do with your money, but you're really wasting yours. You'll regret it later.

at this moment in time i am happy with my PC, if i am going to get anything like this i will use a single GPU that is grey in color. a large chunk of that list comes from the custom cables. 

Solitaire.