How Well Would This Cool Without Fans?

byalexandr

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA66Z28H1378&cm_re=morpheus-_-9SIA66Z28H1378-_-Product

People mention that this is a pretty beastly cooler, and I am looking to buy it for my 290. The thing is, it's already massive without the fans, so I just wanted to know if anyone has this cooler on their 290 and was wondering if they could tell me what it runs like without the fans installed. I know it's a dumb idea, it's just a question that I wanted answered. Please don't get mad and tell me I'm stupid for trying to passively cool a 290. Also, would this cooler fit in an NCase M1 with slim 120mm fans? Anyone know? Help me out here, thanks!

This is an NCase M1 with an Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme IV. The standard size 120mm fans allow it to fit, but this cooler that I want is slightly thicker so I;m wondering if I can compensate by using 15mm thick fans.

http://imgur.com/a/wMoER

And can anyone tell me what CPU cooler he has on there? That would be great too. I really like that build, I actually want to move my SG05 to an NCase M1.

HELL NO.

Your going to need like 12 kilos of heatpipe to cool a 290 passively..

Well can I use 15mm thick fans in an NCase M1? Do you think it would fit? It takes up three slots on it own, and almost five slots with the fans, so I'm wondering if the M1 would even allow it to fit with some thinner fans.

Well can I use 15mm thick fans in an NCase M1? Do you think it would fit? It takes up three slots on it own, and almost five slots with the fans, so I'm wondering if the M1 would even allow it to fit with some thinner fans.

just use the stock cooler. Will use 2 slot, 2.5 MAX

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

just use the stock cooler. Will use 2 slot, 2.5 MAX

I'm using a reference cooler right now. I would prefer to have an aftermarket air cooler, but it seems my options are very limited. I don't really want to liquid cool it, seems stupid to sell my Seidon 120V that isn't compatible to buy an Asetek cooler so it is compatible and have to buy a bracket on top of that.

I'm using a reference cooler right now. I would prefer to have an aftermarket air cooler, but it seems my options are very limited. I don't really want to liquid cool it, seems stupid to sell my Seidon 120V that isn't compatible to buy an Asetek cooler so it is compatible and have to buy a bracket on top of that.

I would look for a saphire or MSI or xfx cooler on ebay

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

HELL NO.

Your going to need like 12 kilos of heatpipe to cool a 290 passively..

In MURICA we call that 26 and a half pounds

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

I would look for a saphire or MSI or xfx cooler on ebay

Maybe an XFX cooler, I like the look of that when it's in the M1. I want to go for a look with tons of heat fins everywhere, looks really cool. Plus my 290 is an XFX so maybe the aftermarket cooler would fit? Not sure if the XFX cooler would work on a reference PCB...

In MURICA we call that 26 and a half pounds

in everywhere that has half a brain we call it 12 kg or 12000g because kilo = 1000 SEE HOW LOGICAL IT IS

Maybe an XFX cooler, I like the look of that when it's in the M1. I want to go for a look with tons of heat fins everywhere, looks really cool. Plus my 290 is an XFX so maybe the aftermarket cooler would fit? Not sure if the XFX cooler would work on a reference PCB...

what I would is go EK see what waterblock works with the reference card (full block not universal) and look on the compatibility list for that block. The cards listed all have the same layout.

in everywhere that has half a brain we call it 12 kg or 12000g because kilo = 1000 SEE HOW LOGICAL IT IS

at work someone called to see how much something was, I told them it was $1 per thing, they asked how much would 1000 of said things cost, I said $1000, they asked how did I figure that, i cri evrytim

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

at work someone called to see how much something was, I told them it was $1 per thing, they asked how much would 1000 of said things cost, I said $1000, they asked how did I figure that, i cri evrytim

were they expecting it to be $3 $12 or $18 (taking a jab at the non uniformity)

what I would is go EK see what waterblock works with the reference card (full block not universal) and look on the compatibility list for that block. The cards listed all have the same layout.

Now the trouble is where I find an XFX cooler. I couldn't find any coolers on eBay, I'm starting to decide on leaving my parts out on my desk so I don't even need to worry about clearances, at least until I build a custom case. I really like that Raijintek one, as well as the Prolimatech MK-26 (which is even bigger). Maybe I should just keep the reference cooler or something? Help me out here, I don't know what to do anymore. I just want to OC my 290 hard enough to beat a 390 (at stock).

That's certainly an interesting phenomenon. I want to figure out how that brain works compared to someone's like mine.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

Now the trouble is where I find an XFX cooler. I couldn't find any coolers on eBay, I'm starting to decide on leaving my parts out on my desk so I don't even need to worry about clearances, at least until I build a custom case. I really like that Raijintek one, as well as the Prolimatech MK-26 (which is even bigger). Maybe I should just keep the reference cooler or something? Help me out here, I don't know what to do anymore. I just want to OC my 290 hard enough to beat a 390 (at stock).

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/XFX-R9-290X-DD-Heatsink-/272012928734?hash=item3f553be6de:g:O1AAAOSw9mFWGjdL

That's certainly an interesting phenomenon. I want to figure out how that brain works compared to someone's like mine.

Can we get back on topic? What can I do in terms of cooling so my 290 can OC better without straight up liquid cooling it? And what case should I switch to so it fits the massive cooler?

Yea I use the metric system as much as I can but saying that 23 degrees is comfortable makes no sense, where as 74 degrees does. The metric system is miles better than the Imperial system, 0C (32F) is freezing and 100C (212F) is boiling makes loads more sense, but somehow 40C is the same as 40F like wat??

Furthermore, your prefixes make more sense, kilo = 1000x, mega = 1000000x, ceti = 1/100, milli = 1/1000, etc. Meanwhile, 1 foot = 12 inches and 1 mile is like 5200 feet (not sure) (nvm 5280) like that makes no sense lol

Given the Brits ditched their own system, I think America should too

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

Yea I use the metric system as much as I can but saying that 23 degrees is comftorble makes no sense, where as 74 degrees does. The metric system is miles better than the Imperial system, 0C (32F) is freezing and 100C (212F) is boiling makes loads more sense, but somehow 40C is the same as 40F like wat??

Furthermore, your prefixes make more sense, kilo = 1000x, mega = 1000000x, ceti = 1/100, milli = 1/1000, etc. Meanwhile, 1 foot = 12 inches and 1 mile is like 5200 feet (not sure) (nvm 5280) like that makes no sense lol

Given the Brits ditched their own system, I think America should too

how is saying 23c is comfortable wierd

:D

I really would try to go for a saphire or MSI cooler though

how is saying 23c is comfortable wierd

lol what would you say is comfortable

I can't find any. I really like those aftermarket coolers though. I just wish they were smaller.

OMG look what I found:

I think my dad's PC has a Seidon 120M, so I can just swap it out for my Siedon 120V, maybe I might be able to do this...

OMG look what I found:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvLjsd4kQXU

I think my dad's PC has a Seidon 120M, so I can just swap it out for my Siedon 120V, maybe I might be able to do this...

3ghetto5me