Anyone know any good on screen recording software?

jewishdolphins

Hey so i need something that will be able to record on screen (as in my computer screen). The only catch is that i dont want a good program that wont make me lose much quality if i am recording the screen. Also, i tried OBS but for some reason when i record on screen, the videos show up on my computer but when i play them or put them onto adobe premiere, they have no audio at all.

I'm currently thinking about using quicktime player, what do you guys suggest? Again, i need something that will record good quality.

Hey so i need something that will be able to record on screen (as in my computer screen). The only catch is that i dont want a good program that wont make me lose much quality if i am recording the screen. Also, i tried OBS but for some reason when i record on screen, the videos show up on my computer but when i play them or put them onto adobe premiere, they have no audio at all.

I'm currently thinking about using quicktime player, what do you guys suggest? Again, i need something that will record good quality.

Bandicam if you can stand the 10 minute recording limit and watermark in the free version.

Anything? Tried OBS but when i check the videos they have no audio for some reason. Any suggestions? Want something that will record at a good quality.

If you have an NVIDIA GPU you can use Shadowplay. 

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

Xsplit. Its what linus uses for the wan show.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

Shadow Play is a great option. I would also recommend FRAPS and DxTory, but both those are pretty CPU intensive but have great quality.

Dxtory If you want more option like different audio tracks and you dont have Nvida GPU. 

Magical Pineapples

Shadow Play is a great option. I would also recommend FRAPS and DxTory, but both those are pretty CPU intensive but have great quality.

which one is just good for having vides on my desktop and placed into adobe later? not trying to stream here.

If you have a nvidia card, ShadowPlay. 

Pretty sure you have some setting not setup correctly in OBS. 

OBS for free. Bandicam is pretty good but has a premium. Shadow play if you got Nvidia card that supports it.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

you can use camtasia, its also a editing software, 

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

Use Mirillis Action, it's simple and easy to use. Just go to the settings and setup the audio device that you are hearing the audio through, record and you should be all good.

Anything? Tried OBS but when i check the videos they have no audio for some reason. Any suggestions? Want something that will record at a good quality.

Did you click the button to make sure audio is recorded..?

which one is just good for having vides on my desktop and placed into adobe later? not trying to stream here.

If you have an Nvidia card I would recommend Shadow Play as it is easy and simple to set up and records good quality and does not affect your systems performance so much. btw the term you are looking for is screen capture software.