[Build Log] "Phenomenon" Switch 810+Pedestal

Jokrik

Really awesome setup, I'm slightly disappointed with your choice of headphones but I guess they match the look...Love those keyboards though :D.

Looks sweet

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Really awesome setup, I'm slightly disappointed with your choice of headphones but I guess they match the look...Love those keyboards though :D.

You dont like the shure or the beats? :P

Looks sweet

Thx!

You dont like the shure or the beats? :P

I was referring to the beats of course.

I was referring to the beats of course.

Lol

My shure is great for details, but since i play alot of fps i need something bassy for the explosions and stuff

I went to the audio store and try every headphone with good bass but ok on details

And beats is there on top of the list after i triied it

Unless you have something better?haha

Lol

My shure is great for details, but since i play alot of fps i need something bassy for the explosions and stuff

I went to the audio store and try every headphone with good bass but ok on details

And beats is there on top of the list after i triied it

Unless you have something better?haha

You could try out Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros with the bass port fully open. They're also really good all around so you don't have to sacrifice mids and highs or tons of money for some good bass since they cost a bit over $100 less than the Beats Pros.

You could try out Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros with the bass port fully open. They're also really good all around so you don't have to sacrifice mids and highs or tons of money for some good bass since they cost a bit over $100 less than the Beats Pros.

I'll have a loot at that one once I can hit the shop

thx for the advice !

Thank you! I was shock when I received the email as well

Your build looks great, but:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1zbQu

WTF 4000$... where do you guys find money for all the esthetics? I mean, instead of watercooling and improving aesthetics of your build for over 1000$, I would buy 2x GTX 780. Also saving on that ripoff Maximus Formula etc by going for cheaper parts that aren't overkill.

I mean, how much more performance does 4,8GHz watercooled give you versus 4,8GHz non-watercooled? xD Lol.

And with even 3500$ i would build much more powerful build. :)

I'm really curious why do you guys waste so much money for aesthetics. But I think i know why:

Because you can. :P privilege of being rich haha

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

Your build looks great, but:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1zbQu

WTF 4000$... where do you guys find money for all the esthetics? I mean, instead of watercooling and improving aesthetics of your build for over 1000$, I would buy 2x GTX 780. Also saving on that ripoff Maximus Formula etc by going for cheaper parts that aren't overkill.

I mean, how much more performance does 4,8GHz watercooled give you versus 4,8GHz non-watercooled? xD Lol.

And with even 3500$ i would build much more powerful build. :)

I'm really curious why do you guys waste so much money for aesthetics. But I think i know why:

Because you can. :P privilege of being rich haha

Its the water cooling addiction,

we have many others with the same disease

its the pride for "who get the coolest looking and coolest temp"

But once you go past that point (like me with this build)

you are starting to look for more simplicity, and when I'm gonna replace this one I'm going for it (less is more)

I am nothing compare to the extreme people over other site ie bit tech/ocn

but yeah, you know why Linus make the overkill build guide

because some people care and can :D

I dont think you can get 4.8ghz with air cooling without degrading the cheap fast (heat)

longevity vs performance 

oh and btw, pc components arent that cheap in my country

you are expecting 20-25% more from the link 

• 1 month later...

February 11th 2013

A few updates guys

Firstly, I have the 240 radiator painted! but to be honest I'm not 100% satisfied with the result

Its been raining hard these past few days so the result is pretty dodgy in my opinion

see for your self and compare with the first painted rad

pardon me for a few dirty spot on the fin

240radwhite_zpsd7529ab5.jpg

Thx to Jass (OCN) I was able to prevent the GPU slot problem, Its all done now !

FitGPU_zps8cad8bec.jpg

I've also took a major step to cut down the 5.25" bay so that there will be more space on the inside and doesn't look too crowded once I cover everything is more acrylic! yes more white acrylic

the acrylic that cover the 5.25" bay will be aligned with the front rad

Readytobecut_zps0ea6a426.jpg

Process_zps426d5fd8.jpg

CutBay_zps1d037589.jpg

The front bay would look like something like this once everything is assembled, just test fitting for now

Frontbay_zps3aad3b0f.jpg

FrontBay2_zpseddba3be.jpg

Fit1_zps24349f3a.jpg

Still wondering the best way to route the FC cables to the back, there are few options,

which are to cut holes for it ; or even cut the acrylic in straight line , aligned with the radiator and the bay itself since it would be covered anyway

I've also installed an angled aluminium for the psu cover to be screwed on

Angled_zps3999647b.jpg

Furthermore, there are a few pics on the motherboard since I've put all the blocks on :)

Motherboard_zpsc641c58a.jpg

motherboard2_zps2fd60b73.jpg

Motherboard4_zpsc3b67057.jpg

Motherboard3_zps57f4f3ed.jpg

Thats all for now ,

next stop would be the acrylic work and LED lighting

I am looking to do the same thing you are doing with the acrylic motherboard backplate. You mentioned a GPU Slot problem? Is it when the acrylic adds extra height to the motherboard and the GPU/mb I/O doesn't align to the screw holes on the back of the case? If it is how can it be fixed? 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This makes me want to drink the koolaid....blink.png

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

• 3 weeks later...

This makes me want to drink the koolaid....blink.png

Wow, allot of attention to detail. Great Job.

Woah thx guys

Just recently finished my 2014 build "project blank" and I still get a credit from such an old build :)