HOW MANY YEARS I7 6700K WILL LAST LONG IF I BUY IT NOW .

PLEASE GUYS GIVE YOUR ANSWERS I MIGHT DOC A SLIGHT OVERCLOCKING WITH IT ALSO.

ONE.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

at least 4 years.

but so will haswell, go with a 4790k

cause an i7 980 stick kicks ass

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

it'll last until you turn caps lock off.

/s

we dont know what you're doing with it, how those things will change in the future, and where your limit of "minimum performance" is.

For gaming long enough. min. 5 years

CAPS LOCK!!!!

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

I don't think I've ever seen a CPU just die from normal overclocking honestly.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

1) get rid of the caps

2) it's impossible to know

3) buy what you need right now, don't overspend, and when the time to upgrade comes you'll be prepared.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

An eternity.

Until you say what are you going to use it for, we can't give you a proper answer.

And turn that caps lock off.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

An i7 2600k still kicks ass and it's from 2011. There won't be any sudden breakthroughs so you can expect at least 4 years. :P

GUYS I WILL BE USING IT FOR MEDIA EDITING , GAMING, AND WILL BE OVER CLOCK FOR ATLEAST 03 TO 0.4 GHZ AND WHAT IS WITH THE CAPSLOCK THING I DONT UNDERSTAND

so... i have a 20 year old cpu that still works. so technically it has lasted 20 years.

and even if it dies, i can still use it as a paperweight, so it'll still "last" in some way.

get my point here?

An eternity.

Until you say what are you going to use it for, we can't give you a proper answer.

And turn that caps lock off.

GAMING ,VIDEO EDITING AND LITTLE BIT OF STREAMING AND WHAT IS THE CAPSLOCK THINGY

I AM CHOOSING 6700K OVER 4790K BECAUSE DDR4 WILL SOON BE SOON BE MAINSTRAM AND I THINK IT IS BETTER ON IT PRICE PER PERFORMANCE RATIO

I'm still rocking my i7 875k... So I'd say at the very least 5 years. Unless something drastically change in the next few years. Which would be surprising considering its been stagnant for years now. (thanks to AMD for not having anything worth competing against for Intel)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

it'll last until you turn caps lock off.

/s

we dont know what you're doing with it, how those things will change in the future, and where your limit of "minimum performance" is.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THE CAPSLOCK

I AM CHOOSING 6700K OVER 4790K BECAUSE DDR4 WILL SOON BE SOON BE MAINSTRAM AND I THINK IT IS BETTER ON IT PRICE PER PERFORMANCE RATIO

no. DDR 3 and DDR 4 Don't perform that much different in games

and press this key please.

computer-caps-lock-black.jpg

The 4790Kis significantly better price to performance, DDR3 will be around for years. But the 6700k is better.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

GAMING ,VIDEO EDITING AND LITTLE BIT OF STREAMING AND WHAT IS THE CAPSLOCK THINGY

That's the point where I should stop taking your seriously, but I'd still answer.

For gaming it 99% depends on what GPU are you going to get.

For video editing and streaming it will "last" a long time since it's a pretty capable chip, but investing into a LGA2011 platform seems like a better idea to me.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

0.3 to 0.4 is not a lot. 

My i5-2500 is 4.5 years old now (give or take a few days, I bought it around mid april 2011) and is running a 0.5 GHz overclock.  It's still more than capable today and I see no reason why I wouldn't be able to use it for at least another year or two. 

I'd say any decent i5 or i7 CPU should suffice for at least 5 years after its initial release date.

Considering that CPUs really aren't getting that much more powerful anymore lately, the 6700k will last a loooong time ... unless there's a radical breakthrough anytime soon.  You never know.