Mineral oil meets passive cooling: as extreme as it can get [blue print]

Stefan1024

Regardless if the system is going to be hot or not, the fact that all components wont be as easily visible as for example in a fish tank is a big con for me in mineral oil build.

Yes PC hardware can be beautiful and nice to show off. But as I'm working with electronics all day long, I feel no need see more PCBs at home ;)

I more like the discreetly set-up. No flashy LEDs, no noise, no maintenance.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

• 3 months later...

Some of you may remember this sketch I did a while ago....

I won't make exactly a build like this, but it will involve big heat sinks, a lot of oil, probably two Xeons (@alpenwasser: something for your fetish) and two arctic island / pascal GPUs.

As you can tell by the components it will take a while to complete. That's why I only tease a bit information here and didn't start a new build log.

But I requested the first quote for the heat sinks today, so the project officially started!

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

I won't make exactly a build like this, but it will involve big heat sinks, a lot of oil, probably two Xeons (@alpenwasser: something for your fetish) and two arctic island / pascal GPUs.

As you can tell by the components it will take a while to complete. That's why I only tease a bit information here and didn't start a new build log.

But I requested the first quote for the heat sinks today, so the project officially started!

I think you forgot the sketch.

PICTURES >.> WE WANT PICTURES

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

I meant it wasn't in the post, but you must be referring to the renders on the first page.

Yes I do. But they will be altered. The renders are a bit overkill ;)

Dual CPUs you say?

excellent.gif

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Yes I do. But they will be altered. The renders are a bit overkill ;)

this is linustechtips

nothing is overkill

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

this is linustechtips

nothing is overkill

It would require three people to lift it, when you take the oil out. With it it filled up with oil, it's not going to move even if a bomb explode rigth next to it ;)

I'm consistently amazed with what you do. Kudos!!

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

It's going to be super expensive once again :(

Dear Stefan

Thanks you are back. We would like offer you,

KX 300, L= 400 (black anodized): 115,35 EUR/PC

KE 190, L=400 (black anodized): 73,98 EUR/PC

TE 88, L=400 (black anodized): 18,26 EUR/PC

KE 190w, L=400, W=381 (+/- 2mm), milled, black anodized: 280,00 EUR/PC (or 219,44 EUR if ordered 4PCS)

Delivery EXW/ZH, 3 weeks from confirmed order.

Transport and packing: 180 EUR/lot

Best regards,

- name censored -

GAMAalumínium, s.r.o.

Na Vartičke, 965 01 Žiar nad Hronom

Tel.:  +421 45 672 2054, Mobile.: +421 905 500 616

www.gamaaluminium.sk

Keep in minde this is already 1/3 of the price of the one the switzerland based companies offers.....

It's going to be super expensive once again :(

Keep in minde this is already 1/3 of the price of the one the switzerland based companies offers.....

Yay, my little country is getting involved! :D

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

I sold the first passiv cxooled build I made. Now I have some money for this build.

First parts are already ordered. Expect the beginning of the build log within the following couple of days...

Just now, Stefan1024 said:

I sold the first passiv cxooled build I made. Now I have some money for this build.

First parts are already ordered. Expect the beginning of the build log within the following couple of days...

noice !

Yay!

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

You are awesome

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.