Msi video card choice

Ssix

I want to purchase a new video card from msi either 2 msi 970 or 1 msi 980,but people tell me to buy the two msi 970 over the 1 980. But am not sure which way would be a better choice knowing that I play alot of FPS games. and am not sure which one will deliver a better performance of in every aspect. Can someone help me out here am going crazy on deciding what to buy. I can really use some help on deciding.

Thanx guys for any information you can an help me with.

970 ones are going to give you more performance but the 980 has more vram. And some games might have problems with sli so a good single card (the 980) would be better. And if you can afford 2 970 why not a 980ti

Spoiler

CPU: i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus X99 Strix  Graphics Card: Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 24GB (3x 8GB) Hard Drive: 1TB WD Green SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 250GB CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W Case: Corsair 400c Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Asus Strix (mx reds)  Monitor: BenQ XL2730Z 1440p@144hz OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Laptops: Lenovo Y50-70: i7-4720HQ - 16GB RAM - 256GB SSD - GTX 960m 4GB - MacBook Pro (Early 2016) 2,0GHz i5 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD Phone: iPhone 7+

If you can afford two new 970s chances are you can afford a new 980Ti.

Single 980 Ti would be the way to go.

980Ti, two 970s delivers better performance than one 980Ti when there is good SLI support, but when there is not good SLI support, single more powerful card always wins.  

thx Guys for all your help i appreciate all this information i think i will just go with GTX 980Ti GAMING 6G, I just hope i dont regret it later on.

Sup Fellers.

hey i need some help or advice i went and bought the MSI 980ti 6G video card but for some reason when install the MSI Gaming App and i run a game it will play out for a little bit and the within the game the whole video card shuts off. i have no idea what can that be do you guys have any idea what can be causing that problem, i need help.

Thank you