Any body else feel their PC is also their Heater for the winter?

DannyRyu

Yep. PC's secondary purpose is a space heater for me as well.

Even though walls of pretty much every house in here have good thermal insulation, my room in particular feels a little cold (in winters), due to the fact that the radiator does not work. So most of the heating is coming from my PC, which produced a decent amount of heat when it still had the GTX 590 (to a point where my room was almost the second sauna of our house). But now I'm back to the old 550Ti (RIP 590), so might get a little colder this winter.

I guess also having a 2600K on stock cooler (and stock clocks) helps... Not a whole lot compared to even the 550Ti, but still.

Never overclocked anything in my life, and I don't really do benchmarking myself, so most of the heat is generated by playing games.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

£10/$10 says OP is using an AMD GPU, CPU or both. /s

Joking aside, it doesn't tend to be my 'heater' unless I want it to, it's more aimed towards performance but keeping ambient temps decent. My monitor is my heater... I'm only joking a bit there. It kicks off a load of heat when it's at 144hz.

I guess you owe me 10$ I3-4170 + GTX 960 I put it some where in this forum  ;)  just a very small room so its just efficient :)

I guess you owe me 10$ I3-4170 + GTX 960 I put it some where in this forum  ;)  just a very small room so its just efficient :)

:D

IVpdf.jpg

Not really. I notice that the room gets a bit warmer when the windows are closed but it sometimes even gets chilly when the exhausted air on top blows front towards my forearm. Although I appreciate the cold weather because I get lower temps when converting my ripped dvds/brs.

when I just lived in a rented bedroom I would at times turn the PC on to add a little extra heat.

Now that I live in my own house then i just roll out the space heater.  It pulls more wattage but generates a lot more heat. 

That all being said once i upgraded to water cooling the room i keep the computer in does get a fare amount hotter than before.

Lower case and cpu temps, but higher room temperatures.

My computer generates a lot of heat which is noticable in the summer time, but my room is litterally the coldest in the house. It is usually between 13 and 17*C in the winter depeding on the outside temp. The computer loves it, I don't. At that temp, it doesn't matter how hard I run the computer it can't heat the room up.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Only after extended periods of stress testing.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

All processors do generate heat

Im stupid but im not that stupid.

The Wannabe is no longer. Replaced by the Flotilla. If you replace every part of a computer is it still the same computer?

Survived the Survivor 2299

Audio Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Video Engineer, FOH.

Last year my room had poor isolation, now that it's got double glass and everything my room gets too hot sometimes because of my PC.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

I have a small room and 2 760's.

Its like a damn sauna everyday.

PC Specs: CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K OC @ 4.4 GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X79 | GPU: 2x SLI Gigabyte GTX 760 | RAM: Mushkin Redline 2x4GB 1866 | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: SeaSonic X Series 750W | Storage: A-Data XPG 120GB  & WD Blue 1TB | OS: Arch GNU/Linux || PC Part Picker & 3D Mark Score

In the winter when its about 10F out I open my Windows and bask in the glory of freezing winter air. My PCs do little to alleviate the issue. 

nb4 hawaii cards overheating the room and...

tumblr_nqxcppK3oc1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Mine has an intake right nest to my leg. Makes it quite cold tbh...

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White