Heaven Society - Week 63 Anime Poll

Ohh good grief, but great news;  My GSC DVD is still in its shrink wrap.  Explains why I can't remember a thing about it.  So I'm still a daffy bastard, but at least not completely senile.  and yes this makes me feel good about myself.

@NeatSquidYT I don't think he's being a dick.  Your opening comment 3 seconds after the thread was created however was dickish, and the pretension in you having read the synopsis for them in less then a minute doesn't help my view. 

GITS is pretty much a must, it shattered the walls of the western world and made inroads for all anime on its sheer merit. 

FLCL and ROD are sort of cult'ish and are well known, you'd be hard pressed to have a long indepth convo about anime without them coming up.  Especially FLCL.

Appleseed...I don't get it.  The first one was good, but all the stuff afterwards is just stomach turning regardless of having seen the original or not.  Though that is just my opinion as I avoid appleseed like the plague after having been subjected to the first remake(? feels like there were more remakes or dozens of re-releases of the 2004 one).

Long and short of it is immediately referring to a list with GITS on it as shit was.... unappreciated.  If you ever find 2 hours to kill and are in the mood for a slightly more cerebral anime I hope and recommend that you give GITS a shot.

Ohh good grief, but great news;  My GSC DVD is still in its shrink wrap.  Explains why I can't remember a thing about it.  So I'm still a daffy bastard, but at least not completely senile.  and yes this makes me feel good about myself.

@NeatSquidYT I don't think he's being a dick.  Your opening comment 3 seconds after the thread was created however was dickish, and the pretension in you having read the synopsis for them in less then a minute doesn't help my view. 

GITS is pretty much a must, it shattered the walls of the western world and made inroads for all anime on its sheer merit. 

FLCL and ROD are sort of cult'ish and are well known, you'd be hard pressed to have a long indepth convo about anime without them coming up.  Especially FLCL.

Appleseed...I don't get it.  The first one was good, but all the stuff afterwards is just stomach turning regardless of having seen the original or not.  Though that is just my opinion as I avoid appleseed like the plague after having been subjected to the remake.

Long and short of it is immediately referring to a list with GITS on it as shit was.... unappreciated.  If you ever find 2 hours to kill and are in the mood for a slightly more cerebral anime I hope and recommend that you give GITS a shot.

I skimmed them over and I didn't like the sound of any of them, I don't see what anyone has against my comment.

I skimmed them over and I didn't like the sound of any of them, I don't see what anyone has against my comment.

056.jpg

That's perfectly fine, but you didn't say that. You said "Most of these look shit IMO". Them's fightin' words. I mean it's ok, as we all know everyone has shit taste, so it hardly matters, but this time I felt like pushing back a bit.

A prime example of how the anime community is full of cunts.

Sarcasm is hard to tell over the net huh? 

That's only the hundredth time that image has been posted in club threads. It's a joke.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

You pieces of shit... making me vote between these.

GITS btw

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

I'm starting to think I shouldn't have had gits in this but I thought flcl and read or die would be putting up more of a fight

I'm starting to think I shouldn't have had gits in this but I thought flcl and read or die would be putting up more of a fight

I'm not surprised, but if you had Akira on here it might have been an interesting fight.

So anyone else pumped about the FLCL remake? Im just interested in where its going to go.

So anyone else pumped about the FLCL remake? Im just interested in where its going to go.

Sure, I'm interested to see where they'll go with it (also worried it'll end up terrible, but we'll see)

Sure, I'm interested to see where they'll go with it (also worried it'll end up terrible, but we'll see)

Ya I'm more worried that they mess it up than anything.

Interesting to see so many votes for FLCL and GitS. I thought they were all but required watching by now.

Ya I'm more worried that they mess it up than anything.

i used to be able to tell what ep and where just based on the music...

i used to be able to tell what ep and where just based on the music...

I watched flcl multiple times out of order before I watched it in order lol

I watched flcl multiple times out of order before I watched it in order lol

A-S?

assuming that means adult swim ya I kept seeing random episodes on it long before I watched it in order lol

lol yep watched it there first. I though it ended on ep 4 due to that :P

Somethings different here...

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

You pieces of shit... making me vote between these.

GITS btw

My exact same thoughts.

Sigh next week it's going to be:

1. School Days

2. Boku no Pico

3. Bakugan Battle Brawlers

4. Eiken

5. Seikon no Qwaser

6. Yu-Gi-Oh!

Hard choice for @NeatSquidYT ;)

// programmers paradox

try { return true; } finally { return false; }

a4D97iR.gif

I'm agast that FLCL isn't winning by a landslide. I really like Ghost in the Shell but FLCL is one of my all time favorites. It does tend to throw people off a bit though.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015