Your Battlefront Beta Impressions?

ManOfDisguise

I like it so far, much faster gameplay then I was expecting. With my sig setup I'm getting microstutter on ultra @ 1440p. However I get great fps, about 120. I think it may be the vram issue creeping up on me. Anyone else with a 970 with the same settings have that issue?

I'm getting nowhere near 120fps on 1440p ultra lol

I'm getting closer to 85-90fps

Higher frame rate over higher resolution.

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k

Also just curious did anyone else snipe from the top of Hoth on Walker Assault? I love taking a jetpack and going up the mountain all the way where the big ball thing with the cannon is. And also even a bit higher. Just saying cuz me and my friend were sniping from there and I didnt really see anyone go there. If you're wondering how to, go to where the garage entrance is and go above it w the jetpack and then keep going up w the jetpack on that side and you can land up

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

i dont even like star wars i think its stupid but this game is fucking awesome! beautiful graphics. probably the best graphic fps game out and its super optimized already even as beta.  im buying it.

if you like battlefield you'll like this imo.

cpu:i7-4770k    gpu: msi reference r9 290x  liquid cooled with h55 and hg10 a1     motherboard:z97x gaming 5   ram:gskill sniper 8 gb

Also just curious did anyone else snipe from the top of Hoth on Walker Assault? I love taking a jetpack and going up the mountain all the way where the big ball thing with the cannon is. And also even a bit higher. Just saying cuz me and my friend were sniping from there and I didnt really see anyone go there. If you're wondering how to, go to where the garage entrance is and go above it w the jetpack and then keep going up w the jetpack on that side and you can land up

I think DICE got a little lazy, I bet in the full game there will be walls or the 10 second "out of combat/playable area" timer will be placed up there.

I have only seen 2-3 people up there once, at the same time, all camping the garage entrance(they were Imperials). 

I think DICE got a little lazy, I bet in the full game there will be walls or the 10 second "out of combat/playable area" timer will be placed up there.

I have only seen 2-3 people up there once, at the same time, all camping the garage entrance(they were Imperials). 

There is literally nothing more satisfying than headshoting those guys. Ok, dropping few rockets on them with a fighter brings a smille every time as well. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Honnestly it was fun for 2 hours, then meh.

The gameplay has no depth, it's far too easy to learn. The gunplay is unaccurate, you have no way to control or reduce the spread, and the feeling is pretty bad.

Pew pew, pewpew, and that's it (except for the thermo grenade).

Spawns are horrible. The level design is the same than BF4: bad.

Almost forgot: what the fuck are these sights ? Crysis style, then reverse crysis style, then a stupid circle ? My god...

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

Honnestly it was fun for 2 hours, then meh.

The gameplay has no depth, it's far too easy to learn. The gunplay is unaccurate, you have no way to control or reduce the spread, and the feeling is pretty bad.

Pew pew, pewpew, and that's it (except for the thermo grenade).

Spawns are horrible. The level design is the same than BF4: bad.

Almost forgot: what the fuck are these sights ? Crysis style, then reverse crysis style, then a stupid circle ? My god...

Feel the same way feels to repetitive and assault is OP on Hoth hopefully when they add more maps they can balance it out. Also the LMG is really OP as well everyone just uses that gun.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

It's pretty fun. although the AT-ATs on Hoth need to be nerf'd. Rebels can never win a match.

:c

Also I don't necessarily like the direction they went regarding vehicles. They're basically like powerups that you can get only once in awhile whereas in Battlefront 2, for example, you can use them whenever, so long as they've spawned. Also not a fan of the turrets. They seem too zoomed out, move too quickly, and they're extremely hard to aim with.

EDIT: Instant Action better be a thing in the new Battlefront game. No waiting for vehicles and all. Sure Galactic Conquest was fun, but I lived off of playing Instant Action, as did most other people I know. Would be a huge shame to not see it make a return.

COMIC SANS

Wow. Its sad so many People here get satisfied so fast with so little. Fun for 3 hours and than, meehh. Is this realy what we wanted? Not me, thats for sure.

This Game is a lazy Version of Battlefield brought down to the lowest denominator. Without the StarWars License this would not get much attention... :mellow:

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Wow. Its sad so many People here get satisfied so fast with so little. Fun for 3 hours and than, meehh. Is this realy what we wanted? Not me, thats for sure.

This Game is a lazy Version of Battlefield brought down to the lowest denominator. Without the StarWars License this would not get much attention... :mellow:

I agree with you, and since so much games are coming by the end of the year, I might not even buy SW. The content is really meh.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

I agree with you, and since so much games are coming by the end of the year, I might not even buy SW. The content is really meh.

Me and 3 Friends wait and see what happens to this Game. At this Point, its a no buy.

This Spawnpoints....yesterday i stood in the middle of an enemy spawn. *blopblopblop* 4 enemys 2 meters infront me, right out of thin air. Wtf  <_<

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Well I've been playing for about 5 hours now and I'm still having fun. I mean, it's a beta and we only have access to 3 game modes, 2 of which are strictly multiplayer and the other one is coop/solo. "Lazy version of Battlefield" wtf does that even mean? It's not even the same game...

Sorry you overhyped yourself for the game, now you get to sit in the disappointment chair while everyone else that didn't overhype the game can go have fun without the Debbie Downers running around! *highfives*

I'm enjoying it for the simple fact it is a shooter I am enjoying that I can just hop in for a little, kill some peoples, then hop off without being committed to a game length such as LoL or CSGO.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

Sorry you overhyped yourself for the game, now you get to sit in the disappointment chair while everyone else that didn't overhype the game can go have fun without the Debbie Downers running around! *highfives*

*yawn*  <_<

hoth is broken as fuck....its so massivly one sided you need reall team work and a plan for the rebels where as the imperials just need to show up....that needs fixing big time, the guns seam a little soft and the need to lead you shots so much ....meh fix that and its a good game

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

To much spawn killing and OP perks. Gameplay is almost the same as Battlefield thus it's not a "new" game. They should have called it "Battlefield - StarWars Edition".

5.5/10 Nice music and UI.

CPU: i5-3570K GPU: Sapphire R9 280X Vapor OC MOBO: Asus P8Z77-M RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 16GB. PSU: Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 7 rev 2 

SSD: 1x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB, 1x Crucial M4 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB

Well I've been playing for about 5 hours now and I'm still having fun. I mean, it's a beta and we only have access to 3 game modes, 2 of which are strictly multiplayer and the other one is coop/solo. "Lazy version of Battlefield" wtf does that even mean? It's not even the same game...

Even if it's a beta you can easily see what's the main direction of the game.

Overwatch beta should be available soon, and is far more promising in tems of gameplay and teamplay.

The fact that people even say it's like Battlefield 4 makes no sense they probably have never really played Battlefield 4.

The basic shooting mechanics are totally different, the vehicle play is completely different, the setting is different, the modes are different, it's mainly a 3rd person game and the list goes on and on the games are nothing alike besides the engine and the developer.

And it's not really that one sided people just aren't palying the objectives the orbital strike alone makes 70+ damage to AT-AT's...

RTX2070OC 

The fact that people even say it's like Battlefield 4 makes no sense they probably have never really played Battlefield 4.

The basic shooting mechanics are totally different, the vehicle play is completely different, the setting is different, the modes are different, it's mainly a 3rd person game and the list goes on and on the games are nothing alike besides the engine and the developer.

And it's not really that one sided people just aren't palying the objectives the orbital strike alone makes 70+ damage to AT-AT's...

Yeah the only things that make it feel like BF4 are the sprint style and the general engine. If you stick to 1st person it feels sort of that way but 3rd person feels entirely different.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

It's not like bf4. This is more fun than BF4

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

To much spawn killing and OP perks. Gameplay is almost the same as Battlefield thus it's not a "new" game. They should have called it "Battlefield - StarWars Edition".

5.5/10 Nice music and UI.

Its absolutly nothing like Battlefield. Not one bit.

Battlefield with SW Skin what have been 100 times better than this shooter for Kids.

Geared toward casual players but with constantly shifting objectives, I have a problem with that because as we know from battlefield, even very simple, static objectives are beyond the grasp of most players. Most battles are very one-sided, even in drop pod.

I will say the game is gorgeous, the system requirements are bogus from what I've seen so far. Had no problems on ultra on my 770 at 1920x1200. nVidia trying to upsell gpus again.

I think the objectives need to be simplified. On release the TDM equivalent game mode will probably be the most popular and the only thing that keeps it alive.

If I had to sum up I would say the gun play and perks feel very COD and the objectives feel like battlefield, the result has been that almost every round is a one-sided ass-kicking with the team who has a few players that understand the objectives and actively pursuing them winning every time.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

I think it is very good.

It runs great on my rig (in sig), also runs very well on an i3 4160, 8GB, HD7850 2GB at work.

Definitely going to pre order it, I really enjoy it. I am more of a casual gamer, so what @unidentical writes is pretty accurate IMO.

It looks nice, but that's about as far as it goes for me. It feels like a dumbed down version of BF. Painfully average. Won't ever buy it.

Having said all of the above I thought the past Battlefront games were crap too.

and we will live such tragedy in perpetuity.

I've never played a battlefield game so I have no idea how it compares, but I felt the walker assault in Hoth is unbalanced as fuck. out of 10 games, the rebels won once. 

The empire side has to be really, really incompetent to lose.

Other than that, it was fun. I'm not really into multiplayer games as the prospect of hearing 14 year olds calling each other faggots throughout the duration of the game really takes the appeal away, so playing it with no chat made the game a lot better than I expected.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)