Your Battlefront Beta Impressions?

ManOfDisguise

The graphics and artwork in it are spectacular and wonderfully faithful to the source material. The sound assets are great aside from some fairly goofy Luke/Vader voice-overs. The PC port is what I expect from DICE: feature-rich options menu, re-bindable keys, excellent performance and scalability, etc. It seems to play quite well, too… that is, controls for the infantry are fine, the animations detailed and polished, etc.

The biggest problem for me is that the gameplay is incredibly basic. Aside from having to lead your target at longer ranges, there is very little for players to learn or develop skills for.  Headshots are rewarded but the gunplay is spammy and lacks any notion of recoil, so headshots are literally a matter of clicking on the head. They don't even let you manually pilot your snowspeeder when tying up an AT-AT's legs—it's abstracted into a minigame instead. And why is everything a floating icon, instead of an actual in-universe object?

Multiplayer games live or die based on the depth of the combat (see also: Titanfall, Evolve). Battlefield 4 is a game that you can put hundreds of hours into unlocking and mastering every weapon, or by learning to outplay the people who master their weapons. I don't think Battlefront is going to keep an active community for anywhere near that long in it's current state.

Its absolutly nothing like Battlefield. Not one bit.

Battlefield with SW Skin what have been 100 times better than this shooter for Kids.

Ok I should have added that it is my opinion.

Also you are saying (correct me if I'm wrong) it is a "Battlefield with SW Skin what have been 100 times better than this shooter for Kids" which still means it's not "new" or "groundbreaking".

CPU: i5-3570K GPU: Sapphire R9 280X Vapor OC MOBO: Asus P8Z77-M RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 16GB. PSU: Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 7 rev 2 

SSD: 1x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB, 1x Crucial M4 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB

I've played about 10 hours now (no homework last night, and it was raining) and i feel that the game would be very good if hoth was more balanced. I found that the placement of fighter tokens for the rebels completely destroys any chance for them to have air superiority. The fighter tokens are placed right above the first set of uplinks, and are completely inaccessible due to the empire's at at. The ti-fighters hit box is also fucked up, you can only hit it if you are directly behind them, if you hit the shields, you do no damage.

Other then those two things, I think that the game is great. If the rebel team uses the special token weapons on the at-at when its exposed, you can quickly take them out. For example, the orbital strike that you can call in on the last set of uplinks does about 50% dmg to the atat when its exposed. If you have a group of fighters attacking the atat, each shot does 5 damage, and rockets do 25 dmg. I was able to take out approx 30% of one of the at-at's by myself in one x wing. The fighters are also great at taking out infantry, my having rounds where i would go 40+ kills and 1-5 deaths as a fighter on the rebel side. Fighters are not op right now as the rifle does 20% dmg to them, and the at-st smart rocket does 60 dmg. (use it like active radar is bf4, fire and follow your target with your sights). i was able to take out 3 fighters just with my sniper rifle.

My biggest gripe with the fighters is that sometimes they become unbalanced, and sway around in the air when you are slowed down attacking ground infantry. This can make it impossible to aim straight, missing your targets. My other problem with the fighters is that the counter maneuvers don't always work on the incoming missiles, and require you to hit the button as soon as the missile is fired. I actually found it better to reduce my speed as low as i could, and do a slow loop, losing the missile. 

Gameplay:

Tie-Fighter:

X-wing:

AT-AT:

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

For people saying the rebels are the underdogs, yes it's true,  but from 7 matches on Hoth I saw rebels win 3 times, one of those games I was for rebels. It's doable but a bit harder. But that's my experience. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

For people saying the rebels are the underdogs, yes it's true,  but from 7 matches on Hoth I saw rebels win 3 times, one of those games I was for rebels. It's doable but a bit harder. But that's my experience. 

what you must do is have your whole team focus on the right at-at on the first set of uplinks. That way, it wont over power the rebels during the rest of the game.

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

Only played it for about an hour and I have to say, call it a Battlefield clone or whatever, but the Star Wars theme is definitely there and I may actually pick this one up, which is surprising to me because I was half-expecting a so-so game, but I am actually enjoying it even in this open beta. Also handles very well @ 2560x1440 with Ultra settings on a 980, so another thumbs up for that.

Gonna get some friends in on this and we are gonna have a weekend go at this beta.

I was going to type exactly this but I'll just copy you!

Black/Red Beast: CPU: i7 4790k Cooling: Hyper 212 Evo MB: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 GPU: MSI GTX 980 RAM: 16GB 1866 HyperFury X SSD: 256GB Samsung Evo 840

So far it is ok, although I have some issues with the game in its current state. 

1.) I think having to get a token in order to get into a vehicle is incredibly stupid. 

2.) I don't like how guns are gated behind level and a currency.

3.) I know you can remap the keybindings. However, I think instead of 1,2,3 in order to activate the abilities, they should be at Q,E, and F.

4.) Walker Assault seems to be incredibly one-sided.

5.) There should be a sniper rifle in the game that doesn't require a cool down. Hopefully not all of the weapons have been unlocked for the beta.

6.) As some people have mentioned before me, the turning of the turrets feels sporadic.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

I've played a lot of games, I've played in a lot of betas, I've worked for a developer as a tester.

Battlefront is the biggest, steaming, piece of one sided unbalanced crap I have ever played. So glad I played the beta before wasting any money of this turd EA calls a game. And when someone who drives medium mechs in Mechwarrior calls a game unbalanced, it is.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

How difficult is it for the Empire to win on Hoth? 

Well, lets see:

jQz9Iif.jpg

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

How difficult is it for the Empire to win on Hoth? 

Well, lets see:

jQz9Iif.jpg

That didn't make any sense but thanks for the pic I guess.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

That didn't make any sense but thanks for the pic I guess.

That makes total sense. You didnt understand it or havent played Hoth yet.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Alright explain how that picture goes along with the context then?

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Actually the Empire is winning most of games, I read somewhere (maybe in another thread) someone played 34 games with 0 rebel wins.

Actually the Empire is winning most of games, I read somewhere (maybe in another thread) someone played 34 games with 0 rebel wins.

Yeah Empire (Assault) is insanely OP don't know how he got that it's hard to win on the Empire side, don't think he's played the beta yet I guess.

Yes. Thats what the Picture say. How can you People dont see this ...?  <_<

Because you had a poorly constructed sentence with a random picture of a guy cosplaying with nothing to do with what you were saying perhaps?

I wonder  :ph34r:  :P

Because you had a poorly constructed sentence with a random picture of a guy cosplaying with nothing to do with what you were saying perhaps?

He´s going for a walk with the AT-AT, thats exact what you are doing on Hoth...gosh.... :rolleyes:

It is a bit skewed.

The rebel team on Hoth needs an extreme amount of skill to overcome the more or less default victory for the empire

Graphics are a bit meh in some places.

Some weapons are blatantly OP

Jetpack is blatantly OP, allows for too great abuse of enviroment

pick up system is MEH! Needs "drop announcement" or GTFO

It was fun, but is very buggy, like a friend of mine changed from the AT-AT map to the survival map and tried to join him and it kept saying he was on the AT-AT map instead of the other.

Other than that, It was actually pretty fun, and I'm not really a fan of FPS games.

I dont know if the beta is still ongoing but I uninstalled it this morning because it gets boring FAST it doesnt have much content(yes i know its a beta) but I doubt the game will be too much better. Anyway many good games coming out(Fallout 4,JC3, Dishonored, etc.) that will completely overshadow this game so its not worth getting this game anyway

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M