GPU thats runs most games in 1080p @ 144+ fps

Rienks

In theory it's entirely driver related.  I see no reason why nvidia shouldn't be able to get that same doubling of performance on existing cards.

Whether they will or not remains to be seen, but I think they would be suicidal not to try seeing as how everything is going to be going DX12 (or Vulkan) soon

Yeah hopefully Valve can lay down the law and push Vulkan as the dominant API

will the strix 980ti support DX 12 i know the 980ti chip is supported but seperate cards by manufacturers

All 980ti's run the same (physically) unmodified chip even if its gigabyte or asus.

Everyone uses the same chip. But they factory overclock alot of their cards to run them at higher speeds but physically noting changes in the chip.

But its common that board partners make custom PCBs with better power transfer and also custom coolers that are more quiet and effective.

No, nVidia cards fully support DX12... they just currently see 0 benefit from it in games (unlike AMD which has had a massive boost)

source

Your source is based on a single benchmark that was for one purpose: to put as many objects on screen as possible and see what happens.

any reason why? seems retarded. So nvidia supports it but nothing happens but the AMD support gets a huge boost. that isnt support

Nvidia supports it. One benchmark isn't going to tell you the whole story, especially when actual games support it.

So... is that something that can be fixed with a driver update? I didn't drop $700 on a 980ti just to replace it in a year because of no DX12 support.

It's not something that needs to be "fixed" as there's nothing wrong with it. The benchmarks out right now are just that, benchmarks. They're not games, they're not optimized in the drivers.

no, even the gtx 780 support DX12.

But newer cards support it better.

So far there is no "full" support.

Some features are missing on every card but AMD's cards has shown the best support so far.

Kepler is getting partial support for DX12, Maxwell is getting full DX12 support.

Just because Nvidia's cards are missing one little feature that AMD has doesn't mean shit.

So tired of this junk man. The information is there, but you're misinterpreting it.

Your source is based on a single benchmark that was for one purpose: to put as many objects on screen as possible and see what happens.

Nvidia supports it. One benchmark isn't going to tell you the whole story, especially when actual games support it.

It's not something that needs to be "fixed" as there's nothing wrong with it. The benchmarks out right now are just that, benchmarks. They're not games, they're not optimized in the drivers.

Kepler is getting partial support for DX12, Maxwell is getting full DX12 support.

Just because Nvidia's cards are missing one little feature that AMD has doesn't mean shit.

So tired of this junk man. The information is there, but you're misinterpreting it.

1. i know they are only getting partial support but there is no completely full support. The Maxwell cards support DX12 better than the Kepler cards but Pascal will support DX12 better than Maxwell.

Even Fermi based cards will run DX12 but only DX12.0 meanwhile Maxwell run DX12.1.

2. We have 1 test. That tests showed AMD as a clear favorite but still that was 1 test. I know its only 1 test. notice the "so far". Nvidia will probably find a way to gain more performance.

Yeah hopefully Valve can lay down the law and push Vulkan as the dominant API

If they release Half Life 3 on Vulkan, DX12 will be forgotten :D. (probably not)

for $300-$350 these cards are perfect for your budget... honestly if your just looking to 1080 game you can probably get away with a GTX 960 if you dont want to spend that much moneys.

EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Superclocked 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487076

ASUS GeForce GTX 970 STRIX

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121899

No Excuses, Play Like A Champion!!!  

I think a 970sli or maybe even a 980 or 780ti run bf4 at high should be easily over 144fps not sure about the 3gb vram on the 780ti though

for $300-$350 these cards are perfect for your budget... honestly if your just looking to 1080 game you can probably get away with a GTX 960 if you dont want to spend that much moneys.

EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Superclocked 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487076

ASUS GeForce GTX 970 STRIX

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121899

It will be close but I don't think it'll run bf4 at ultra at 144 fps

It will be close but I don't think it'll run bf4 at ultra at 144 fps

it would handle BF4 just fine i think... 144 fps at max settings is a little much ask for out of the $300-$350 price range though...

maybe if you picked up x2 used GTX 780 TIs for SLI... but thats, well yeah...

No Excuses, Play Like A Champion!!!  

it would handle BF4 just fine i think... 144 fps at max settings is a little much ask for out of the $300-$350 price range though...

Yes, I am also going to get a 144hz monitor but i think I am going with 2 used 970 for 450 bucks 

It's a little bit over the budget but it'll be worth it in the long run

Edit 780ti runs bf4 on most maps at 120-140 fps 

some maps 90-120

on ultra settings

My gtx 970 does well above what i need it to, I can play games such as CS:GO in 200+fps maxed out at 1080p, but I dont know how many cards support DX12.

intel HD can run CSGO bro its not hard 

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

I suppose the 970 or r9 390 should do the trick as they are the only cards within your budget anyway . If you dont mind lowing the settings a bit it will work , especially for lighter games ( cod  , cs go , lol, wow  or older games).

Both these cards are certified to support dx 12 ( all gcn cards and fermi + cards should support it ) but i think amd r9 300 series and gtx 900 series will support it fully .

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Exaterly id rather have nvdia game works

Shadow play than some smoke effect that's amd cards produce a little better

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

Exaterly id rather have nvdia game works

Shadow play than some smoke effect that's amd cards produce a little better

I'd rather the game engines support those effects natively. Other than everyone being able to get the effects, it would also run better across all systems.

I'm pretty sure that is a game actually.  From the article:

Enter Oxide Games' real-time strategy game Ashes of the Singularity, the very first publicly available game that natively uses DirectX 12. Even better, Ashes has a DX11 mode too. For the first time, we can make a direct comparison between the real-world (i.e. actual game) performance of the two APIs across different hardware. While earlier benchmarks like 3DMark's API Overhead feature test were interesting, they were entirely synthetic. Such tests only focused on the maximum number of draw calls per second (which allows a game engine to draw more objects, textures, and effects) achieved by each API.

And from another artile about that same game:

When Ashes of the Singularitylaunched two weeks ago, it gave us our first view of DirectX 12’s performance in a real game

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.