GPU Getting 1.5K PPD

Hey guys,

So I just started folding, and all was going well, so I decided to leave my computer on overnight so I could finish some thing.

When I woke up and checked, my GPU was getting 1.5k PPD vs. the ~ 5500k PPD that it was getting last night. Same WU, but 1/4 of the performance. The GPU is a 7770 (so I don't expect much), but I assume it should be doing better than that.

What can I do to improve/fix this? Did I maybe screw something up?

Thanks in advance for the help!

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I hear there are problem with AMD drivers but I'm new to folding so i only know what i saw once on the forum. I get about 40K PPD with my GTX 460 and 3570K @ 4.4Ghz.

Update your drivers to 13.4 or better.

In F@H control, go to configure, slots, select gpu, edit,where it says extra slot options select Add, then add Name- client-type & Type- advanced.

Enabling client-type advanced will allow you get the newer fahcore.

Update your drivers to 13.4 or better.

In F@H control, go to configure, slots, select gpu, edit,where it says extra slot options select Add, then add Name- client-type & Type- advanced.

Enabling client-type advanced will allow you get the newer fahcore.

I have 13.4 and I'm not going to upgrade until the next non-beta driver.

I also have client-type: advanced

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Check the screen - I will be you do not have a Core17 project but more likely a core15 or core16 project. ATI cards take a big on these projects, hence the whoel Core17 coming out and teting better OpenCL performance. Most likely that is the issue. Just let it complete that one and hopefuly you get a 17 next. But, it is all luck of the draw.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Check the screen - I will be you do not have a Core17 project but more likely a core15 or core16 project. ATI cards take a big on these projects, hence the whoel Core17 coming out and teting better OpenCL performance. Most likely that is the issue. Just let it complete that one and hopefuly you get a 17 next. But, it is all luck of the draw.

It's a core 16 (I assume, it says FahCore 0x16).

15" MBP TB

It's a core 16 (I assume, it says FahCore 0x16).

That is it - and that is why you seeing a "drop" - although, it't just what AMD's get with those older ones... just let it complete..

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

That is it - and that is why you seeing a "drop" - although, it't just what AMD's get with those older ones... just let it complete..

Happily the next WU (it just downloaded it) is a Core17 :)

15" MBP TB