I just though of a way to find a song name with no lyrics...

Enderman

So I was listening to music, some mash-ups that are a bunch of songs in one file, and there is no way of knowing the song names (unless the place you got the music from lists it)

If the music has no lyrics you can search for then how do you find the original song name and artist?

Well, upload that part of the song to youtube and wait for a copyright claim, and in that claim it tells you what the song and artist is! It's like auto song recognition! :D

(btw copyright claims =/= copyright strikes, you can delete the video after you know the name and nothing changes for your channel)

Just though I would share, because I will probably forget about this in a few months and I will be reminded when I look here :P

And maybe some of you guys have some mp3 files that you want to name of a song in...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Or you know shazam

you have to have internet and the song playing and far from all songs are supported

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

you have to have internet and the song playing and far from all songs are supported

you don't have to have internet to upload to youtube? :P

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I remember I found this one site where you could sing the lyrics and it could find any song I threw at it. Me being me did not sing of course and just used a m-m audio cable from the out in the line in. Also doesn't the same apply to YouTube..

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I remember I found this one site where you could sing the lyrics and it could find any song I threw at it. Me being me did not sing of course and just used a m-m audio cable from the out in the line in

thats impossible and improbable if you know the lyrics bang them into your browser

... just used a m-m audio cable from the out in the line in. Also doesn't the same apply to YouTube..

you can do that through software without needing a cable

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

what 

You said that the shazam option is bad because you would need an internet connection.   You would need that for youtube as well

you can do that through software without needing a cable

I found it to be much more difficult to setup  

thats impossible and improbable if you know the lyrics bang them into your browser

1. It worked for music without lyrics as well

2. 90% of the time I can't make out the lyrics.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I found it to be much more difficult to setup  1. It worked for music without lyrics as well

2. 90% of the time I can't make out the lyrics.

you can make out the lyrics but someone can sing them?

you can make out the lyrics but someone can sing them?

yes. Like in rap and stuff.

I found it to be much more difficult to setup 

I can't remember the exact procedure but I know it involves the "stereo mix" recording device, and it was fairly simple when I had to use it for something...

At any rate, if it was harder, it was worth the piece of mind that the quality would be higher, and I wouldn't possibly be feeding the wrong line levels into the wrong port

Or you know shazam

never worked for me...

and I prefer to not give websites open access to my recording devices like microphones and stuff

anyway, youtube seems to catch the exact song with a 20-30 second clip so thats pretty fast

it also finds it while processing the video so you dont have to wait long

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

never worked for me...

and I prefer to not give websites open access to my recording devices like microphones and stuff

anyway, youtube seems to catch the exact song with a 20-30 second clip so thats pretty fast

it also finds it while processing the video so you dont have to wait long

takes weeks for me...

takes weeks for me...

I never realized there was a delay. I always just assumed that it flags upon completion of the upload...  :rolleyes:

Anyways, I want to see a service that can pick out clips of sub-second duration like those contests some radio shows do :D

I never realized there was a delay. I always just assumed that it flags upon completion of the upload...  :rolleyes:

Anyways, I want to see a service that can pick out clips of sub-second duration like those contests some radio shows do :D

For me it detects it after processing...

Spoiler

For me it detects it after processing...

yeah I guess that's what I meant, but it's right away.

While that might work for some songs/music, it sure as hell it doesn't work for songs like the one in this video

I had to ask at watzatsong where you upload a short sample of the song and if people knows which song it is, they will probably tell you.

And sure enough, they told me

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

While that might work for some songs/music, it sure as hell it doesn't work for songs like the one in this video

I had to ask at watzatsong where you upload a short sample of the song and if people knows which song it is, they will probably tell you.

And sure enough, they told me

last time I asked for a song name nobody knew what it was and just posted "darude sandstorm"

so yeah, doesnt really work for songs that arent heard by millions

Spoiler

last time I asked for a song name nobody knew what it was and just posted "darude sandstorm"

so yeah, doesnt really work for songs that arent heard by millions

Well, maybe it wasn't filled with trolls when I asked.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.