do i need a gpu in this system to be able to play games like LOL

• CPU i7 4790k 4589.16MHz, Motherboard Asus Z97 Deluxe USB 3.1, RAM Corsair dominator platinum 16 gb 3977.3 MHz, GPU Nvidia 3080, Case Corsair 750d, Storage Samsung 850 pro 512gb, WD black 2tb, PSU Corsair HX1000i, Cooling Corsair H110i, Keyboard Corsair k95 RGB, Mouse Logitech G502 RGB, Monitor S2721DGFA, Sound Bose surround system, Operating system Windows 10

You'll be able to run LoL with just the iGPU, though don't expect great FPS. 

Also, change the SSD and PSU. The SSD is slow and the PSU is overpriced.

EDIT: Here, some better parts 

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£179.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: Asus Z97I-PLUS Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£117.56 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Storage: Sandisk SSD PLUS 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£37.97 @ Novatech) 
Case: Cooler Master Elite 130 Mini ITX Tower Case  (£38.57 @ Amazon UK) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)  (£75.88 @ Aria PC) 
Total: £592.31
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-03 18:11 BST+0100

get an APU if you want to game without a GPU

No, not really.

A friend of mine played LoL on a notebook with an older i3 in it. But you'll most like need to set some settings to low.

You'll be able to run LoL with just the iGPU, though don't expect great FPS. 

Also, change the SSD and PSU. The SSD is slow and the PSU is overpriced.

Well the SSD is fine as a boot drive.

I use the 60GB version of it now for over a year and it works absolutly fine. But yes, price to performance wise there is probably better stuff out there.

You don't NEED dedicated graphics, but if you want to play maxed settings no problem at 1080p I'd maybe go with a a 750 Ti or an R7 360. 

My Baby Girl ❤️CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X | Mobo: ASRock B450 Pro4 ATX | RAM: 2 x 8 GB DDR4 3200 MHz GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC | Case: Fractal Design Core 3500 | HDD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Adata SP900 512GB PSU: EVGA 650G 80+ Gold Full Modular | OS: Windows 10

yes, you can. LoL can run on cut down laptops just fine. You can get by with just the full desktop iGPU for now and get a graphics card later when you have the money or there is a good deal

Yes you can play games but you will have a bad experience like me.

CPU:Intel Core i3 3210 Mobo:MSI B75MA-E33  GPU:Intel 2500 HD Graphics  SSD:Adata SP600 128gb  HDD:Seagate 1tb 7200rpm  

PSU:Corsair CX430   Case:Antec ASK4000bU3  Monitor:Dell S2240l 21.5 inch 1080p

You will be able to play LoL as it is not a very demanding game, however dont expect anything good :) Perhaps getting an i3 and a 750Ti would be a better bet for you :)

Honestly just go for any GPU, LOL is not so demanding, I run it with GTX 860M (M) and get 150ps and 200 fps sometimes on very high and with eye candy

well its going to be for my parents so its going to be more for watching dvds and streaming so my idea was if it can cope with lol it should stream easy peasy 

• CPU i7 4790k 4589.16MHz, Motherboard Asus Z97 Deluxe USB 3.1, RAM Corsair dominator platinum 16 gb 3977.3 MHz, GPU Nvidia 3080, Case Corsair 750d, Storage Samsung 850 pro 512gb, WD black 2tb, PSU Corsair HX1000i, Cooling Corsair H110i, Keyboard Corsair k95 RGB, Mouse Logitech G502 RGB, Monitor S2721DGFA, Sound Bose surround system, Operating system Windows 10

Well the SSD is fine as a boot drive.

I use the 60GB version of it now for over a year and it works absolutly fine. But yes, price to performance wise there is probably better stuff out there.

Depends if it's the older one or not. Sometime last year they changed the NAND, which halved the speed of the SSD. While it's faster than an HDD, it's the same price as a SSD Plus from Sandisk, which is vastly superior. 

well its going to be for my parents so its going to be more for watching dvds and streaming so my idea was if it can cope with lol it should stream easy peasy 

If it's for your parents, why not go with a 4460, cheaper board and put some money into a GPU?

Intel integrated graphics aren't really good for gaming

Spoiler

CPU: i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus X99 Strix  Graphics Card: Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 24GB (3x 8GB) Hard Drive: 1TB WD Green SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 250GB CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W Case: Corsair 400c Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Asus Strix (mx reds)  Monitor: BenQ XL2730Z 1440p@144hz OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Laptops: Lenovo Y50-70: i7-4720HQ - 16GB RAM - 256GB SSD - GTX 960m 4GB - MacBook Pro (Early 2016) 2,0GHz i5 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD Phone: iPhone 7+

Depends if it's the older one or not. Sometime last year they changed the NAND, which halved the speed of the SSD. While it's faster than an HDD, it's the same price as a SSD Plus from Sandisk, which is vastly superior.

Ah yeah, I almost forgot.

I thought they would've fixed this, after so many people complained about it.

Intel integrated graphics aren't really good for gaming

Skylake and Broadwell are definitly not bad for gaming. The can play games like CS:GO and LoL pretty easily.

If it's for your parents, why not go with a 4460, cheaper board and put some money into a GPU?

If they only use it for watching DvDs and "streaming" (whatever he means with that) then even a Pentium would be enough, don't you think so?

Ah yeah, I almost forgot.

I thought they would've fixed this, after so many people complained about it.

I guess if you don't know about it, it seems like a good deal, as they're almost always the cheapest ones available. 

I guess if you don't know about it, it seems like a good deal, as they're almost always the cheapest ones available. 

parents are coming from hdd so not realy fussed ony using as a boot drive realy 

parents are coming from hdd so not realy fussed ony using as a boot drive realy 

The SSD Plus that I added to the build in my post is £2 more for double the speed. There's no reason to have to deal with the V300, it's only a little faster than a good HDD really. 

EDIT: And switching to the GS PSU (which is better than the RM) negates the cost anyway. 

The SSD Plus that I added to the build in my post is £2 more for double the speed. There's no reason to have to deal with the V300, it's only a little faster than a good HDD really. 

valid point ;)