Box Box Box - Sim Racing Players Club [Now Hype Train Enabled!]

On 7/22/2021 at 11:08 AM, xAcid9 said:

I like Monaco. 

Monaco is great especially with old f1 cars... unfortunately i bought f1 2017, its not that great, the new cars sound like vacuum cleaners. 😅

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

13 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

thats a yikes 😂

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

• 1 month later...

hahahaha

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

test

https://streamable.com/ahkoh4
https://streamable.com/2ch6fu

streamable embed fail lol I hate when people move over immediately after overtaking

Folding@Home | BOINC

6 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

test

https://streamable.com/ahkoh4
https://streamable.com/2ch6fu

streamable embed fail lol I hate when people move over immediately after overtaking

jfc  that is bad .... 

dont get why people cant learn to race against players .... he literally did a typical shit player vs too fast of an ai overtake 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

A daily ACC race is enough for my sanity, and away from the chaos of GT3 haha. Ive raced more barca than I care for just cause everything else is monza/spa; boring to watch f1 at but fun to practice racecraft.

Also finally getting around to testing how high bitrate night footage looks 

Folding@Home | BOINC

On 8/24/2021 at 9:39 AM, chaozbandit said:

Hmmmm

pqb03lk6raj71.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

Haven't looked in here in a while, but has any of this happened? I don't trust TM to begin with, but a new joystick/yoke might be decent. Though I also read a lot of reviews that even the $400 Warthog dies pretty quick.

#Muricaparrotgang

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2021 at 3:43 PM, JZStudios said:

Haven't looked in here in a while, but has any of this happened? I don't trust TM to begin with, but a new joystick/yoke might be decent. Though I also read a lot of reviews that even the $400 Warthog dies pretty quick.

No news since last month, but I havent been paying attention since the CSL DD anywho LOL

Folding@Home | BOINC

2 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

No news since last month, but I havent been paying attention since the CSL DD anywho LOL

So no? I think I saw TM made a new "budget" wheel that's more crap and more expensive than what it's supposed to be replacing.

#Muricaparrotgang

Recently been diving back into AMS2 because theres never good mixed lobbies for ACC in my timeslot; slightly surprised how there are still slight AV bugs in the engine but still plenty of fun in how the cars handle. Still never really got into the funky brazillian tracks, but the mainstream circuits are still a joy to drive on even with a gamepad.

Also the GT3 cup is (mostly) fixed and prob has the most seat time logged.

Folding@Home | BOINC

2 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Recently been diving back into AMS2 because theres never good mixed lobbies for ACC in my timeslot; slightly surprised how there are still slight AV bugs in the engine but still plenty of fun in how the cars handle. Still never really got into the funky brazillian tracks, but the mainstream circuits are still a joy to drive on even with a gamepad.

Also the GT3 cup is (mostly) fixed and prob has the most seat time logged.

I haven't bought a new sim since PC2 and this is pretty much why. Though I did get Forza 7, which is close enough for me and give me more interesting races on the whole, even though the AI is a bunch of filthy cheaters. It's honestly not near as bad as people make it out to be.

#Muricaparrotgang

One of my streamers has the bezel-free kit on large format displays, but its quite fun seeing it in first person POV

Folding@Home | BOINC

• 1 month later...

For my self mandated halo infinite break, I bring to you breaking news:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/805550/view/3122678848532718852

ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE PC COMMUNITY UPDATES

UPDATE V 1.8 COMING NOVEMBER 24TH
Firstly, we’re excited to announce that Update v 1.8 is launching for PC on November 24th. The team at KUNOS have been working flat out behind the scenes to bring an update to game that improves your sim racing experience in a multitude of ways. Here’s a rundown of what you can expect, but stay tuned for the full changelog next week:

* BMW M4 GT3 2022 as free DLC
* Unreal Engine update (v 4.26)
* NVIDIA DLSS implementation
* AMD FSR implementation
* Physics engine and tyre model updates

FREE BMW M4 GT3 2022 DLC
As mentioned above, our latest PC update also brings the highly anticipated BMW M4 GT3 to Assetto Corsa Competizione. Thanks to this collaboration with BMW, we're excited to introduce this ultimate GT3 weapon to our sim racers!

4dff05c02d8c94bb03111770d6ce64657aa24bdf

Folding@Home | BOINC

Ok guys, can anyone please explain the logic behind the the shock and damper settings in Project Cars 2? I watched all the videos i could find that explain it and still can't quite get the hang of it, especially the bump and rebound transition. When i keep everything else the same and do very subtle changes to the bump and rebound transition (1 or 2 clicks left or right), the car goes mental and starts oversteer like mad. It's basically the same with every car. How are you supposed to set the suspension for neutral car or slight understeer. I'm already maxing out the anti-roll bars for the most understeery feel and yet in most cars except with the Porsche it's impossible to keep that back end from sliding like mad under breaking.The 2 tracks this is most pronounced are Monza and Red Bull Ring. Every other track i can get within 0.5 sec of the world record for the selected car, but on these two it's just impossible to drop in even under 2 seconds. The other odd thing about Red Bull - get almost a full second faster time with keyboard than with the wheel..?!? WTF srsly...

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

10 hours ago, QuantumSingularity said:

Ok guys, can anyone please explain the logic behind the the shock and damper settings in Project Cars 2? I watched all the videos i could find that explain it and still can't quite get the hang of it, especially the bump and rebound transition. When i keep everything else the same and do very subtle changes to the bump and rebound transition (1 or 2 clicks left or right), the car goes mental and starts oversteer like mad. It's basically the same with every car. How are you supposed to set the suspension for neutral car or slight understeer. I'm already maxing out the anti-roll bars for the most understeery feel and yet in most cars except with the Porsche it's impossible to keep that back end from sliding like mad under breaking.The 2 tracks this is most pronounced are Monza and Red Bull Ring. Every other track i can get within 0.5 sec of the world record for the selected car, but on these two it's just impossible to drop in even under 2 seconds. The other odd thing about Red Bull - get almost a full second faster time with keyboard than with the wheel..?!? WTF srsly...

While a baseline will work at most tracks, some require more special attention depending on scan fidelity and how upset the car gets. Ontop of spring rate and travel/ride height, bump and rebound affects how quickly the shock will deflect/absorb a load and how long it takes the car to settle. It will take time to get these values tailored to your driving style though, especially if you are opting for more mechanical grip or to sustain higher aero load.

If a surface is very bumpy you may want to soften the shocks so you dont get sent to the moon over the smallest rock, or if its smooth you may stiffen them up to maintain a uniform ride height at speed.

Without touching the shocks, you can address turn in response via ARBs and alignment.

Edit: to induce understeer you want less (or no) ARB so the car will lean into that corner and momentum will result in push.

Folding@Home | BOINC

On 11/21/2021 at 8:55 PM, chaozbandit said:

While a baseline will work at most tracks, some require more special attention depending on scan fidelity and how upset the car gets. Ontop of spring rate and travel/ride height, bump and rebound affects how quickly the shock will deflect/absorb a load and how long it takes the car to settle. It will take time to get these values tailored to your driving style though, especially if you are opting for more mechanical grip or to sustain higher aero load.

If a surface is very bumpy you may want to soften the shocks so you dont get sent to the moon over the smallest rock, or if its smooth you may stiffen them up to maintain a uniform ride height at speed.

Without touching the shocks, you can address turn in response via ARBs and alignment.

Edit: to induce understeer you want less (or no) ARB so the car will lean into that corner and momentum will result in push.

Yup, that point i got, for smoother tracks like Monza i go almost all the way to the max values making the dampers and shocks as stiff as possible and for Red Bull - as soft as possible, with higher ride height, because of all the bump and kerb rides. I'm also well aware of the bump stop values, but what i can't understand and the logic behind it is the bump and rebound transition. What's the effect of increasing and decreasing it? Because whichever i change it, the car starts to act like a deranged monkey.

As for the ARB, at Monza for example my front ARB is the stiffest possible and the rear is as soft as possible which in theory should bring understeer and yet at almost every breaking, the end starts sliding even with 80/20 front/rear break bias. 

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

https://gtddpro.fanatec.com/
Looks like another new DD base from Fanatec? 
But this time for PS and Gran Turismo licensed? 

Spoiler

image.png.eaeecd059255109eb110c1caf4dbfc96.png

1 hour ago, PandaCopyRight said:

https://gtddpro.fanatec.com/
Looks like another new DD base from Fanatec? 
But this time for PS and Gran Turismo licensed? 

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.eaeecd059255109eb110c1caf4dbfc96.png

PS5 exclusives 😤

Folding@Home | BOINC

On 11/25/2021 at 3:02 AM, chaozbandit said:

PS5 exclusives 😤

From what i can tell .. its the same CSL DD internally but also PS compatible 

This is a thing... and I'm whelmed. 

Like it quite a lot, understeers a bit but good fun. Not as exciting as the vantage yet.

First half hour with the car.

Folding@Home | BOINC

Man I dunno if its the updated tires or diff behaviour, but AMS2 is actually fun again (except the front may be slightly oversensitive now)

Folding@Home | BOINC

unknown.png

Oh noooo i'm gonna have to buy this dlc sooooon

Not even mad that its still kinda buggy, and some project cars quirks are still in the engine, but that was truly some fun racing even if its against bots.

TLDR: tracks are as much familiar as they are in PC2 but updated cars are worth it; audio mixing needs a looking at and theres still some pitstop strategy bugs.

Even at 100% AI, they dont know how to handle big ovals lmao. Breezed through the pack but bunged up my fuel strat by 10L and needed a splash at the end. Also absolutely no tire temp (about half optimal at late jan weather) through the night making for some tricky braking.

On a traditional road course the AI seem much better behaved, top half of the class achieved alien pace but had a blast tustling with the bottom split and working through traffic. Somehow magically the BOP has the stratification close to what makes sense, when the AI aren't racing in dumb packs. Tried one-stopping tires and fueling to the end (properly) since theres not much deg in an hour sprint, but I still just missed out on the podium fight by a lap. Filtering through the GT classes wasn't as hectic as I was expecting and track evolution didnt seem to factor. Kind of embarassing how long it took to record this session since I just lost the car at weird times, or the AI decided to seppuku, but by the end I was into a groove and it felt great. RE: pit strategy bug, one recording had AI takeover control despite setting no driver change, and by the time I fixed it I was two laps down and not having fun anymore.

Gonna try my hand in VR tomorrow and see if its improved any

Folding@Home | BOINC

I love racing on airports /s

Thanks matt for doing this so I dont have to

Folding@Home | BOINC

Pros: AMS2 VR runs more smooth than PC2 did, somehow

Cons: I still suck driving in VR

Maybe its the default setups, but I had a rough time getting to the end of these sessions without spinning LOL no idea why it defaults to softs when they feel like they drop off so quickly and are insta dead when you get them dirty, but also the default setup overheats the rears and I cba to change it. Could never match the ai here and the bop seemed to favour the 911 down the straight. Got fed up near the end and stopped for fresh tires which felt as good as the set at the start, so maybe it was just bad temps. Vette is very rear sensitive and hard to catch once it comes around.

Long beach went by slightly better just because I used to main it, and was good fun in a three class split. Non alien AI seemed completely SOL here and didnt put up a fight, somehow ended up spinning on my own every time but still managed to finish P3. The final hairpin is the death of me. DPi filter in at 10m and GTEs catch the tail end of GTD at 30m. Felt much better on aired down mediums but the car doesnt like heavy trail braking or bouncing over big curbs lol.

Fun weekend, deffo polished up PC2 tracks but they felt good; cant wait for road america.

Folding@Home | BOINC