Box Box Box - Sim Racing Players Club [Now Hype Train Enabled!]

On 12/6/2020 at 7:15 AM, PandaCopyRight said:

i still cant get over the looks of that thing.... i hope there are aftermarket bumpers that return it to a more typical BMW grille 😂
also the wheel is ... interesting to say the least ... 

It looks like a Dodge.

#Muricaparrotgang

On 12/8/2020 at 5:08 PM, chaozbandit said:

Side note I just remembered how big dumb RF2s dlc system is; because they are treated as consumable items in the store rather than DLC, you can buy multiples and theres no way to prorate credit. This becomes a problem when you've previously purchased a pack and they release new cars, which they then add to the pack, or they release an entirely new pack with stuff you want but don't want to repurchase duplicates. The only way to see what you've bought is to cross reference what's in your inventory and what you're subscribed to in the workshop.

But R3E though. Basically the only reason I haven't bought it. I just can't be bothered to deal with their bullshit sales model.

In other news BeamNG got a tire physics update. You can now catch slides instead of instantly spinning. Drifting still sucks. And it understeers like crazy.

#Muricaparrotgang

14 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

But R3E though. Basically the only reason I haven't bought it. I just can't be bothered to deal with their bullshit sales model.

In other news BeamNG got a tire physics update. You can now catch slides instead of instantly spinning. Drifting still sucks. And it understeers like crazy.

The only time I bought from their store was 5 years ago when I got a gift card from a PSU rebate that I couldn't use anywhere else, because AmEx. Managed to cash in on a good points bundle and blew it on whatever content was available. Fast forward to now and theres so many new cars that I want, and not that many tracks I can't get elsewhere. Funnily enough I just mentioned this a post or two ago.

But that cup car and 2020 DTM arhhg. 

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I just wonder how much they make when people constantly say they won't buy into it because their pricing model is ludicrously dumb. If they just had a complete package for a set price it'd probably sell a lot more.

I completely forgot they had WOW currency. That's even worse. Based on this spreadsheet from 2013 the total price of everything comes out to around $90.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sQPj-PS5LRkpi4p-DZnc8Xi7t21zuc6fr4TyE7LuwCA/edit#gid=0

That's not too bad, why don't they just have a complete edition for $120 or whatever and be done with it?

#Muricaparrotgang

What the hecc how did I miss tihs

14 CAD for three cars is pretty tempting though... (also nurburgring pack is on sale for 50% off too)

Ligier_LMP2_2020_01.jpg

https://www.studio-397.com/2020/12/endurance-bundle-2-dlc-now-available/

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

• 4 weeks later...

ngl it does look really good (cheaper build quality aside)

Folding@Home | BOINC

Food for thought

Folding@Home | BOINC

@MEC-777

Folding@Home | BOINC

• 1 month later...

Oh heck yes sign me the frick up

Folding@Home | BOINC

o no Chris, muh wallet

Folding@Home | BOINC

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

omg that is actually so hype, 5nm/8nm is plenty for most people tbh (and I just want some nice wheel rims)

Ninja

Folding@Home | BOINC

5 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

omg that is actually so hype, 5nm/8nm is plenty for most people tbh (and I just want some nice wheel rims)

its legit the same price as their current CSL Elite base as well 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

10 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

its legit the same price as their current CSL Elite base as well 

Ya its killing the CSL elite while offering the torque of the V2.5 oof. Might finally cave in and buy the LC pedals and the new mclaren rim eventually.

Folding@Home | BOINC

1 hour ago, chaozbandit said:

Ya its killing the CSL elite while offering the torque of the V2.5 oof. Might finally cave in and buy the LC pedals and the new mclaren rim eventually.

they are making me want to replace my trusty T150 wheel 😄 

like a DD wheel for the price of what the current CSL Elite wheel is ... YES PLS 
they literally are killing off non-dd wheels that were 350+ eur

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

• 2 weeks later...

@chaozbanditi may have done a thing ...

Spoiler

image.png.7ffd844944c3b3561f1aceced62540e9.png

Oh my AMS2 coming in hot with the IMSA content: Racin' USA

011.jpg

004-2-jpg.14352016-1-jpg.14358

https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/automobilista-2-april-2021-development-update.17529/

On the car front, Part One will offer the GTE class, initially featuring the Porsche 911 RSR, BMW M8 and Corvette C8R, along with the Cadillac DPI-R prototype; on the track front, WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca, the street circuit of Long Beach and the iconic Daytona International Speedway make up for a fantastic initial lineup to kick off our North American adventure.

Folding@Home | BOINC

omfg I NEED IT

Hall sensors instead of pots, modular build, LC available

Folding@Home | BOINC

1 hour ago, chaozbandit said:

omfg I NEED IT

FML .... i got the previous CSL pedals with the loadcell ... but pots 😞

On 5/11/2021 at 3:07 PM, chaozbandit said:

omfg I NEED IT

-snip-

With these and the new "budget" DD base they're bringing out, I wonder what the Logitech/Thrustmaster response will be.

7 minutes ago, Trebblebob said:

With these and the new "budget" DD base they're bringing out, I wonder what the Logitech/Thrustmaster response will be.

watch logitech claim some new tech that is just their old wheel rebranded and still shit and TM will just have to cut prices while they make something new to compete? 

5 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

watch logitech claim some new tech that is just their old wheel rebranded and still shit and TM will just have to cut prices while they make something new to compete? 

I could definitely see Logitech doing that. I know Thrustmaster recently brought out the SF1000 replica rim but I think it looks shit in comparison to Fanatec's F1-esque rims. If I was Fanatec I wouldn't feel threatened at all.

• 4 weeks later...

RIP my wallet

Folding@Home | BOINC

@chaozbanditthis is bad ... i dont have the money but fanatec sent me a preorder link for the CSL DD .... 

4 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

@chaozbanditthis is bad ... i dont have the money but fanatec sent me a preorder link for the CSL DD .... 

It's a sign 🙂

Folding@Home | BOINC