Best Over-Ear headphones for $100

Vicente Gomez

Hey Guys,

I am looking for a pair of over-ear headphones for around 100 bucks. If possible, can they include good portability, comparability and a detachable wire? I plan to use them mostly for listening to music on the go.

I was looking at the Sennheiser HD 280 Pros. But I found out that they do not include a detachable wire.

Thank you in advanced for any recommendations. 

Don't choose Razer Krakens.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Whats the difference?

closed keeps more outside noise out and with open you can hear more outside noise

HyperX Cloud II

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

closed keeps more outside noise out and with open you can hear more outside noise

closed please :) 

HyperX Cloud II

headphones, 

detachable wire, 

I plan to use them mostly for listening to music on the go.

DO YOU PEOPLE EVEN READ ANYMORE?

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

DO YOU PEOPLE EVEN READ ANYMORE?

Oops, I thought that headset had a 3.5mm jack but I guess I was thinking of something else

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

Oops, I thought that headset had a 3.5mm jack but I guess I was thinking of something else

It;s not just the fact that it connects through USB. It's that fact that it is a headset and headset's are not good for listening to music on the go.

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

It;s not just the fact that it connects through USB. It's that fact that it is a headset and headset's are not good for listening to music on the go.

The cloud has a removable mic

You might want to look at Superlux HD668B. It has removable cord but its not foldable. You can also get nice velour ear pads for it but they only come it red for some reason.

Saw that on tek syndicates $150 headphone guide.

You might want to look at Superlux HD668B. It has removable cord but its not foldable. You can also get nice velour ear pads for it but they only come it red for some reason.

Saw that on tek syndicates $150 headphone guide.

They are a pair of full size headphones, probably not the best choice since OP needs portability.

They are a pair of full size headphones, probably not the best choice since OP needs portability.

Yea, I guess its harder to find over ears that fold up too.

The cloud has a removable mic

Which makes little to no difference for portability. Also, OP just wants to listen to music on the go, and you can get actual headphones that sound WAY better for the same price as the clouds.

-Ron White

Which makes little to no difference for portability. Also, OP just wants to listen to music on the go, and you can get actual headphones that sound WAY better for the same price as the clouds.

Not necicarily way better, but better, yes

@op do you need them to fold?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

ATH M40X. Foldable, detachable, portable.

This, I use 'em 8 hours a day at my job for about 5 months now, best purchase I made in a long time.

I'm not saying they are specifically portable, but a removable mic means you can't say they are bad for portability "because they are a headset." Give real reasons next time.

Which headphones are way better for the price?

I'm not saying they are specifically portable, but a removable mic means you can't say they are bad for portability "because they are a headset." Give real reasons next time.

Which headphones are way better for the price?

Takstar pro 80 for 60$ :)

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Not way better (literally the same thing), and not the same price.

It's the same for a better price.

It's the same for a better price.

Also neither have a detachable cable. :P

The M40x may be the best option in this situation. Too bad the CHC Silverados are pretty much extinct... If you don't mind not having fold-ability I would suggest the NVX XPT100s. I have taken them into work with me several times before. 

EDIT: You can usually find SoundMAGIC HP150's used for $100-$120.

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B