MoBo Upgrade?

I can't fucking find it guys

BTX

ATX

I have no idea what the fuck I'm looking for.

I have a dell XPS 410. yea, back to the dark ages.

I want to upgrade the motherboard. From what I know, It's like a BTX board, which can't be replaced except with other btx boards...or something like that. This isn't neccessarily something i want people to reply to; because I already know what most of you will say (and If i really felt like getting a new one, guess what I would have done???).

But IF yall know what type of motherboard I need, and which best one to get that would be awesome ;-;

pls halp

Shipping sucks

I always hated these cases that Dell, HP and others use. It's hard to upgrade or find parts for, and sometimes things you put in it don't work.

you will need a new case+mobo

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I always hated these cases that Dell, HP and others use. It's hard to upgrade or find parts for, and sometimes things you put in it don't work.

That's why they design them they way that they do.

I wouldn't bother upgrading it, I'd just save up for a replacement.

You can get budget cases that are miles better than this.

What makes you want to upgrade?
Chances are any serious upgrade (CPU, GPU) will also require a PSU replacement.

A complete system build is likely a much better option.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Exactly, I was going to use an old motherboard from an x51 because it was laying around, and there was a capacitor blocking the PCI-e slot... REALLY?! 

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

::laughs::

Yep, it's not on accident they did this.... Is it cost saving and effective to use a proprietary front panel connector? Nope! Does it prevent most people from fixing the computer, and instead just buying a new one or using the OEMs repair services? Yep!

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

And that's why they can charge you more for parts than if you could buy it from NCIX or another online computer store.

And that's why they can charge you more for parts than if you could buy it from NCIX or another online computer store.

I was laughing when I watched linus' recent E-Waste video. 

If you need any more reason to NOT buy from HP, Dell/Alienware, Etc.... It's the ammount of e-waste they generate by making much of their products with planned obsolescence, disposable, and not re-usable. 

Instead of using cases and parts that can be used again, its all supposed to be just thrown away..... 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

I was laughing when I watched linus' recent E-Waste video. 

If you need any more reason to NOT buy from HP, Dell/Alienware, Etc.... It's the ammount of e-waste they generate by making much of their products with planned obsolescence, disposable, and not re-usable. 

Instead of using cases and parts that can be used again, its all supposed to be just thrown away..... 

And this is why I build my own computers, that way i won't have to spend so much money on a new computer when one part goes wrong, unless it's a part that can't be replace couple of years down the line like Processors and mother boards.

And you don't have to deal with the Bloatware they put on thier PC's.