Do you have any bad driving habits?

I generally drive slightly too fast (Like 10kmph.) Because I feel like the 80 kmph speed limit is just there, because it needs to be somewhere. However doing 90 or even 100 on some bigger roads can be done without it being any more dangerous. Also my car uses slightly less fuel at 90 compared with 80. That said, if the speed limit is lowered on a stretch. Then there's most likely a reason why and then I'll drive whatever that limit is. The same goes for cities etc. I don't go over the limit on those areas.

Another bad habit I have is to let bad drivers know that they're bad. Like people trying to make the yellow or even red light in cross section. So when it's already green on my side I'll accelerate "quickly" and honk at them.

I have a habit of quick acceleration and hard stops, I also have been told by my friends Im a little aggressive on the road, though if you live in the city of Pittsburgh then you have to drive aggressive or you will sit at an intersection till you grow a beard.

I'm gentleman when driving my vw, but when I hop on my kawasaki I might go just a little bit too fast :)

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

Not really a bad habit but I drive around constantly thinking how inept at controlling a vehicle every person around me is, a fact that was proven last month when some dumb b**** ran a red light and totaled my mustang.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I have a habit of driving a bit over the limit. Not too much and not in the urban areas. But when I'm driving on a good road with little traffic, I tend to drive 10 kph over the limit. I don't have an issue if someone drives in front of me precisely the maximum allowed, but if they drive under the limit or change their speed all the time, that makes me angry. Nothing is more frustrating than accelerating and braking all the time. I don't tailgate people, but some people have a habit of constantly changing their speed.

I also don't like drivers who sleep on the lights. It's very annoying to spend the extra minutes on the lights just because someone isn't focusing on driving.

Finally, even though this isn't about driving habits, people who doesn't appreciate others property, does make me absolutely insane. Usually this happens when my car is parked and someone drives next to my car and then slams the car door to my car. It usually makes a nasty dent and horrible scratches. I can't stand having dented sides on my car and the repair bill is always +400€.

Intel i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | Asus Maximus VI Extreme | 16Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz | Asus GTX 780 SLI | Samsung 830 Pro 256GB + 6TB WD Red | Asus Xonar Phoebus | Corsair AX860i | Corsair 900D | Win 8 Pro 64-bit | 2 x Dell U2412M | Logitech G710+ | Logitech G602

I dont brake very well. I have either almost missed my turn or taken it with too much speed just because I dont want to hit the brakes.

Dell Inspiron 580 - Modified

Build log

Win 7 | GTX 760 | i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz | 2x2Gb 1333MHz Hyundai + 2x2Gb 1333Mhz Crucial RAM | Seagate 1TB 7200RPM | HyperX Fury 120Gb | Corsair Builder 600M | Fractal R2 Mini

I'm almost never driving with two handss on the wheel.

It just doesn't feel comfy for me, and after all you are driving one handed while you have to shift :D.

I

• Primary PC: i7-3770K@4,6GHz | Thermalright Macho | ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance@1866MHz | 2x Gigabyte 660ti 3GB@1130MHz | 256 GB Samsung 840 | WD Black 1TB | BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 650W | Zalman Z11
  • Secondary PC: i7-860@3,1GHz | Scythe Katana 3 | ASUS Maximus III Formula P55 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | 2x Zotac GTX 280@650MHz | WD Velociraptor 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 750W | Coolermaster Cosmos S

I only learned how to drive from playing Crazy Taxi. So I'm a perfect driver.

COMIC SANS

I try to split the lanes in my car like I'm on a motorcycle..

well, i'm only 16, so i can only drive a scooter here in norway... and i'm kinda careless, because those of you that have driven a 50 ccm (0.05L engine) vehicle knows how long it takes to regain speed if you have to brake for something :P although i do drive alot with my parents, as i'm finally old enough to use the L legally :P i'm kinda normal and careful when i'm with my dad, because he has taught me everything i know about driving, but my mom doesn't really care that much so whenever i'm in her toyota i always accelerate to 80 km/h in second, or 100-110 in third, just because those toyota's are so (unbelieveably) weak under 3000 rpm.... as soon as i'm well over the speed limit i shift to fifth and cruise along 20-30 km/h over the limit :P although that's only out here where i live, i'm very careful, patient and tolerant in cities and such...