Did you build for one game?

App4that

Just curious if anyone else built their rig because of one game. I started researching for my rig the day Fallout 4 was announced. Everything in my build is centered around running that game. Which was fun since all we know about Fallout 4 is capture from the Xbox One, but we do what we must. I play a lot of games on my rig, mostly MechWarrior Online. But she was built to tackle one foe.

Anyone else way too much a fan of a game they built a PC?

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Metal gear solid V, probably could shouldn't have got another gpu as I would imagine that my old 660ti would have ran it just fine, however I think that the 970 is a welcomed upgrade, otherwise I would have had to pay for MGS:V anyway. Also beam ng drive gets really demanding... 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

well, once my laptop started to die

Minecraft was the main target because a 3210m was NOT doing it for me. I also did start suffering major FPS loss in games like Payday 2 and Skyrim

so I got it because of one game primarily then the others where just because I could flex the hardware. Now-a-days I really only play DotA and a bit of GTA from time to time 

other then that, I just mainly brag to people about my CPU lmao 

My intel 478 platform was literally on it's final legs as the NorthBridge burnt out after it's heatsink mount failed. There was no specific games I used to benchmark, it was literally all free to play stuff. Call me a casual, but those AAA titles didn't float my boat.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

GTA V on PC. I wanted to build a PC for quite a while, but the first PC trailer got me going on getting it together. The day the trailer came out I sold my xbox 360 and everything with it to buy my Mobo, CPU, PSU, and CPU Cooler

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Love it, now I don't feel so bad LOL. I too sold my consoles when the build started, even my PS4 with Witcher on the HDD. Won't lie, being without a console or other gaming devise for the first time in my life was tough.

The Witcher 3..

I was going to build anyways, but the free copy helped me make the decision.
Couldn't be happier with it=)
I get mid 60's fps at 1440p ultra (foliage draw distant set to high) and hairworks off.
Mid to low 50's with hairworks on (except in novigrad, screw that place)

Higher frame rate over higher resolution.

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k

Mechwarrior online.

Got into the beta and my hp prebuilt got about 1-2 fps on a good day. ON LOW SETTINGS. Thought it was time for an upgrade at that point

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I originally built a 4770k+780 setup for GTAV but it sat there for ages more or less unused because Rockstar delayed the PC version, recent swapped the 780 for a 980ti, not sure why lol 

It was Project Cars for me. I started with a gts450 (£25 on ebay lol) then an HD7950, then 2 of them with an RM1000, 2nd card died almost immediately and the RM1000 shortly after (bloody ebay again) then just went for it and got the 295x2, added another ssd for raid0, new 1050w psu and replaced my ageing driving force gt with a G27. Now I am extremely poor and and offers of cash will be gratefully received. :) 

Metal gear solid V, probably could shouldn't have got another gpu as I would imagine that my old 660ti would have ran it just fine, however I think that the 970 is a welcomed upgrade, otherwise I would have had to pay for MGS:V anyway. Also beam ng drive gets really demanding... 

How does it fare on the 970?  What settings to you play it on?

How does it fare on the 970? What settings to you play it on?

Pretty much max settings, however I think it's my cpu that's holding down my frame rate. Alpha effects like smoke really hurt the frame rate. Geforce experience says you can run the game at max settings with like 1.5x DSR but it doesn't really. It's fine for the first 40hrs or so it's just the sand storms and the dust from the skulls that will make the frame rate dip to 40fps most the time it's locked solid at 60

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

My first rig was for minecraft(gtx760). I've just slowly upgraded that rig over the years until I replaced every part. Now I have two rigs.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Pretty much max settings, however I think it's my cpu that's holding down my frame rate. Alpha effects like smoke really hurt the frame rate. Geforce experience says you can run the game at max settings with like 1.5x DSR but it doesn't really. It's fine for the first 40hrs or so it's just the sand storms and the dust from the skulls that will make the frame rate dip to 40fps most the time it's locked solid at 60

That's cool. I've got a computer for my kid's birthday to replace the one at his mom's house. It has a 970 and an i7. It's good to hear it'll start out able to max video games.  He's been playing MGS5 on the PS4 at my place for many many hours, and in our opinion, it looks amazing.  Seeing it with better graphics will be neat... albeit short-lived for me. haha

Battlefield 4, unfortunately. Now my PC is pretty over kill for CS:GO. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Battlefield 4, unfortunately. Now my PC is pretty over kill for CS:GO. 

Ik, the struggle is real. I build my rig to play AAA games, ended up playing cs go.

Mechwarrior online.

Got into the beta and my hp prebuilt got about 1-2 fps on a good day. ON LOW SETTINGS. Thought it was time for an upgrade at that point

I spend way too much time in Mechwarrior Online, copious amounts of time. My girl pulls over 90fps with maxed settings. So efin pretty. October 6th can't come fast enough. My new Crab, Cicada, and Wolverine will be delivered. I go by the same name there as here.

not really for a game, but it was just necessary to upgrade already

my last system was a c2d

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs

I don't really build a computer for a certain game, I do have over 100+ games on steam, and most of them I haven't played yet. Besides the point, I want to be future proof for some games that may interest me that may have not been announced yet.