'Sexist Gamers are Losers' - Why this statement is wrong

TheCaptain53

So I was on YouTube browsing through some videos where I found an interesting video of the argument against the use of AI in 'Sexbots'. I think you can get the idea of what that is.

A video by the same channel was discussing a study conducted regarding the sexist nature of comments towards females from males on an online video game (Halo 3).

Thought it was interesting.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

I don't care, its just  a game, you have fun not think about how many problems there are wrong with the game

Wait, do you think I'm arguing that sexism is present in online video games?

If so, please watch the video. I understand that the thread title may be misleading (not my intention), but the content of the video supports quite the opposite.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

Wait, do you think I'm arguing that sexism is present in online video games?

If so, please watch the video. I understand that the thread title may be misleading (not my intention), but the content of the video supports quite the opposite.

no, I think this topic isn't even worth starting....

also youtube is blocked on my proxy so I cant watch it :P

no, I think this topic isn't even worth starting....

also youtube is blocked on my proxy so I cant watch it :P

It's not so much the reality of the situation I thought was interesting, more so the deluded conclusion the researchers had drawn and their idiotic conduction of said study.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

This video isn't one calling out sexism in the gaming community, this video shits on feminsts and their inaccurate studies of sexism in the gaming community.

IIRC, this video criticizes the sample sizes used, and when looked at it, the amount of sexist comments used by gamers is like less than 5 percent or something.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

This video isn't one calling out sexism in the gaming community, this video shits on feminsts and their inaccurate studies of sexism in the gaming community.

IIRC, this video criticizes the sample sizes used, and when looked at it, the amount of sexist comments used by gamers is like less than 5 percent or something.

I probably should have catered the title of the thread to the content of the video, I think it may be a little misleading. :')

Any way to change it?

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

I probably should have catered the title of the thread to the content of the video, I think it may be a little misleading. :')

Any way to change it?

Yeah, just edit the original post, I think you can change it there.

I still think your title is misleading. It sounds like you like sexist gamers.

should be something like "why sexist gamers aren't as big of a problem as some think"

remember kids, everything is sexist, racist and homophobic, you shitlords. bow down to the sarkeesian.

I'm only sexist when I see usernames that for some reason have to state they are female. It's like me using EvilMaleWaffles... Pisses me off to no end.

Actually, that isn't sexist, that's just being pissed lol.

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

Locked.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch