Anyone taken a Martial Art?

SImoHayha

I was wondering how many people on LTT. Have taken a Martial Art before.

For me I have taken Judo.

If you didn't know Judo was a branch off of Jujitsu. Jujitsu was more of joint locks in during the samurai age which practiced would sometimes seriously injure practitioners of Jujitsu.

Judo is based on using an opponents energy and movement to throw them. And also learning how to get your opponent off balanced so you can throw them.

Is a Martial Art easy? No not at all, everyone is pretty crummy at it at first, but once you start training and continuously keep doing it you'll get better in no time. I tend to be really good at mimicking moves easily, but still kinda soft due to the fact I don't want to hurt anyone so I don't actually use my full power to toss someone because am not in a fighting/surviving mentality. Am slowly changing that so I can be better at Judo so I can fully throw people.

I must say doing some of the workouts are extremely hard but let me tell ya your ass is going to get buff as hell mate. I went from a flabby ass guy to flabby ass buff guy I had arm, leg, core muscles. I was like DAMN! I finally got some muscles lol.

So what Martial Arts do you guys planning to do or did ?

I might do some Akido after another couple of months of Judo again.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

I have my second degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do, but I quit after I passed that test for medical reasons and haven't been back since.

A Guide For Getting Started With Linux

My first rig:   CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DH3 Video Card: EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866MHz Storage: WD Blue 1TB PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR Case: Rosewill SRM-01

Who needs that - I have a Katana on my wall and am currently looking at a 40$ Scottish Claymore :P

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Who needs that - I have a Katana on my wall and am currently looking at a 40$ Scottish Claymore :P

Hehe Sames.

My college has a few martial art classes I can take. One is I THINK Tae Kwon Doe or whatever. It goes towards my high school gym class if I were to take it, but lets face it I would get the living shit beat out of me.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

I am currently studying To-Shin-Do under 8th Degree Mark Sentoshi Russo at Quest Martial Arts in Tampa, FL. This is honestly one of the coolest martial arts out there and if you have a dojo near you, I would highly encourage anyone to at least go in and check it out. 

Archangel(z11 Build) CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.0 GPU: 2x Sapphire R9 290x RAM: 16GB GSkill Ripjaws V 2800 Mobo: ASRock X370 Killer SLI/AC Power Supply: Cougar CMX1000 Case: Zalman Z11 Plus HF1 Storage: 120GB Intel 520 SSD, 1TB WD Blue

Reptile(Dual G34) CPU: 2x Opteron 6172 RAM: 32GB DDR3 1866 ECC Mobo: Super Micro H8DGU-F Power Supply: Seasonic SS-660XP2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Storage: Hitachi Ultrastar 7k300 3TB

White Knight:(wife's build) CPU: A10-6800k GPU: MSI 7970 Lightning GHz BE RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury White 1866 Mobo: MSI A88x-g43 Power Supply: Seasonic M12II 520 Case: TT Commander Snow Edition Storage:1TB WD Blue

jr black, left after a major hand injury  didnt allow me to do violin, tenor sax, or robotics

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

I've trained in a few martial arts. Kung fu (A mix of Ba ji quan,Shaolin and Wudang)

Kyokushin karate, Iaido, Kendo, Taekwondo,

Moving on to historical fencing next (Historical european martial arts) Which is very different from modern sport fencing

tumblr_lyvnd3vitw1rofk3wo1_500_zps12b71b

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Tae Kwon Do and quit because i'm too young to understand self defense (kindergarten) hence i nag and beg my mom to stop sending me

now i'm interested in boxing thanks to certain anime

Tae Kwon Do and quit because i'm too young to understand self defense (kindergarten) hence i nag and beg my mom to stop sending me

now i'm interested in boxing thanks to certain anime

Let me guess

tumblr_n8xv92PWzS1tzye0xo1_500.gif

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Brown Belt in Shaolin Kempo, Black belt in Krav Maga

of all scenes you could have take.........

It isn't often you see someone beat a snake with such brutality

(also the most memorable scene)

Third degree in Tae Kwon Do. Did it since I was in 2nd grade. Unfortunately I stopped when I moved. Have done a bit of kickboxing and tai chi since then, but nowhere near to the extent that I did TKD.

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

2nd Dan in JKA Shotokan Karate 

same style as Machida from the UFC

CPU: Xeon X5650 6C/12T @4.87Ghz GPU: R9 390 Strix RAM: 16Gb Kingston Fury 1866Mhz Mobo: Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Storage: Kingmax 240Gb SSD 3x 1TB's Case: Fractal Design Define XL with 480mm Radiators + 360mm Radiator PSU: Enermax Revo95+ 920W Speakers: Logitech Z-5500D THX Surround Sound System Headset: Audio-Technica ATH700X Audio: Creative SB ZxR Moniter: BenQ 27Inch 1920x1080 Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Mouse: Logitech G9x/Microsoft Basic Optical OS: Windows 10 Pro Insider

1st degree black in Sun Hang Do (martial art developed by a local guy - there's like 9 dojos in Vancouver)

... buut been out of the game for 12 years, so yeah..

Planning to pick it up again when I start my kids up.

i have a black belt in sowhatsueme 

xD /topkek/ 

but in all seriousness i no formal training other then back alley brawls 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

I took 3 months of taekwondo when I was younger. My parents pulled me out of it because the place I were doing it through wanted my parents to sign a 2 year contract, and they weren't about that life.

Twas a fun 3 months though. Would love to pick it up again.

COMIC SANS

1st degree black in Sun Hang Do (martial art developed by a local guy - there's like 9 dojos in Vancouver)

... buut been out of the game for 12 years, so yeah..

Planning to pick it up again when I start my kids up.

Use those skills against the guy who compromised the forum, please.

COMIC SANS