Should we support AMD?

Well, if I would be buying a new processor right now for 230-250$ I would defenitely go with skylake...

and if I would be chosing between 970 and 390 GPU's, I would chose 390 cause of performance of course...

I mean...you cant just say "GO BUY AMD PRODUCTS, so that we can support them!".

Well, if I would be buying a new processor right now for 230-250$ I would defenitely go with skylake...

and if I would be chosing between 970 and 390 GPU's, I would chose 390 cause of performance of course...

I mean...you cant just say "GO BUY AMD PRODUCTS, so that we can support them!".

But I think that was the idea - just buying them because they need support, like bailing out car companies and banks

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

If a company cannot deliver a product or service that does not benefit or improve my use of that product/service type....why would I give them my money? I don't treat brands like sports teams. I take them for what they are.

AMD's finances are a big problem but it goes deeper than that. It is their board and high level management. Only AMD can fix their problems. 

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

But I think that was the idea - just buying them because they need support, like bailing out car companies and banks

So if you will be building a new rig soon for 2000$, you will buy an FX-9590, so that u are gonna support AMD?

So if you will be building a new rig soon for 2000$, you will buy an FX-9590, so that u are gonna support AMD?

No certainly not.  That was just my impression of what the OP was wondering about - if people think that way

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Bad luck man :/

Lol you have no idea what it's like to be like, oh only a little bit of drips it should be ok-*hose breaks loose*  *goes pale* FUUUUUUUUUU *frantically runs to grab paper towels but accidentally steps on the cord to corsair mouse thus breaking the USB of the main rig but it also broke the mouse*

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

I can't even begin to tell you how perfect your GIF is.

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Lol you have no idea what it's like to be like, oh only a little bit of drips it should be ok-*hose breaks loose*  *goes pale* FUUUUUUUUUU *frantically runs to grab paper towels but accidentally steps on the cord to corsair mouse thus breaking the USB of the main rig but it also broke the mouse*

I guess I just met a person with worse luck than me :D

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

I guess I just met a person with worse luck than me :D

Funnily enough and I shit you not, 100% honest here, in real life my name is Brian, and I am a legitimate ginger. 

Oh, sorry about that I totally forgot to add the detail about the 370, 380, and 390  being the best sweet spot cards xD woops!  Also I was comparing the Fury X to my Titan X and my awful experience with the Fury.  I put it in my LAN party case, there was nothing visibly wrong, I came back later and there was a split in the house so some water was getting out not much, but then right before my eyes the entire tube popped out of the fitting and it went all over my system.  That was a wasted 4790k, ROG Maximus Vii Impact, Wasted dominator plats, waste GPU and wasted storage because they were all fried

Which is why air > water for home use.

When is Water better than air then?

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | FSP Hydro PTM PRO 1000W |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

When is Water better than air then?

When you have any graphics card (especially AMD cards-they perform better under water without even overclocking), when you want the CPU's heat to be exhausted from the case etc.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

No certainly not.  That was just my impression of what the OP was wondering about - if people think that way

Ok, Ok, I thought u were thinking that way... :rolleyes:

Nvidia can't have the full market due to US anti-trust laws, same goes for intel

Nope, if AMD goes bust Intel and Nvidia would be considered competition for eachother in GPUs (no distinction between iGPU and dGPU market) but Intel would be in trouble.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I'm a strict air cooler except for CPU's now I use AIO's

Well I'll stick with Nvidia/Intel. My past 3 computers were AMD processors and AMD gpus. No, thanks. My Phenom X2 965BE was idling at 60 degrees with the stock cooler at 2000 RPM. Now you might be saying don't use the stock cooler. Well right now I have 4690K with stock cooler and it's very quiet.

Well I'll stick with Nvidia/Intel. My past 3 computers were AMD processors and AMD gpus. No, thanks. My Phenom X2 965BE was idling at 60 degrees with the stock cooler at 2000 RPM. Now you might be saying don't use the stock cooler. Well right now I have 4690K with stock cooler and it's very quiet.

Sounds more like you had way too much thermal paste on there/faulty solder in the heat spreader of the CPU

You should support you and get whatever is best value for your dollar. If an AMD gpu will give you more value for your dollar then get it and vise versa, if Nvidia will give you the most value for your dollar then get it. Having loyalty for either AMD or Nvidia makes no sense.

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

You should support you and get whatever is best value for your dollar. If an AMD gpu will give you more value for your dollar then get it and vise versa, if Nvidia will give you the most value for your dollar then get it. Having loyalty for either AMD or Nvidia makes no sense.

i dislike Nvidia for being the asshats they are...

However there is only one other option atm...

So unless there comes a third GPU maker onto the market, ill have to side with AMD... because atleast they have yet to treat their customers like shit on every occasion they can.

i dislike Nvidia for being the asshats they are...

However there is only one other option atm...

So unless there comes a third GPU maker onto the market, ill have to side with AMD... because atleast they have yet to treat their customers like shit on every occasion they can.

I kind of agree with what you said, however you should still buy based on the merits of the product not the company.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I kind of agree with what you ssaid, however you should still buy based on the merits of the product not the company.

Remember that CX PSU video?