Games that ABSOLUTELY cannot run on 2GB VRAM?

DaPrimeRib

Like I said, somethings messed up. A Dual-core CPU is not meant for these AAA games. It is a stuttering machine and is meant to be a place holder CPU

Umm, the G3258 runs GTA 5 just fine. The only issue is you have to force a frame cap of 45fps. If you don't, buildings will start loading in all invisible, and it becomes an issue. That being said, i agree. I would not actively recommend a dual core CPU for someone that wants to play the latest AAA titles. We got these G3258's on sale for $50 a piece around Xmas last year, and i was perfectly willing to wait for broadwell. Now that i know Skylake is where my future lies, this G3258 will be used in an HTPC machine, where it will live out a happy existence doing nothing important.

I do admit though, these things, when OC'd to 4.5ghz, do absolutely amazing in MMO's, where core count means nothing. 10/10, would use again for MMOs.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Crysis 3

Titanfall - it eats VRAM, usually about 5GB of my 6GB of GDDR5

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

Okay...

PC, as we all know, have graphics settings. In order to max some games out, they sometimes require more than 1, 2 or even 3 gigs of VRAM to run properly.

If you find that the game isn't running properly, turn some settings down or update your drivers.

Ohhh yeah, i wasnt sure about that :/ . So if i buy a 2gb and dont mind playing medium settings on future and current AAA games, it should work out?

Ohhh yeah, i wasnt sure about that :/ . So if i buy a 2gb and dont mind playing medium settings on future and current AAA games, it should work out?

Yes. When you turn settings higher (or just simply "on" in some cases, like ambient occlusion), they take up resources on your video card. It's more complicated than that, but that's how it's always worked.

Yes. When you turn settings higher (or just simply "on" in some cases, like ambient occlusion), they take up resources on your video card. It's more complicated than that, but that's how it's always worked.

Thank you so much :) I've made my decision on an entry level 2GB graphics card.

Witcher 3

LoTR Shadows of Mordor

Crysis 3

Far Cry 4

GTA 5 with mods

Witcher 3 runs maxed out 1080p 1.7 vram

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

I think GTA V gets up there unless you're playing on super low settings.

My little brother plays it on a gtx 450..

Idk how, must be awful.

It can be done

Higher frame rate over higher resolution.

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k