post your funny/scary system glitches.

Bsmith

So everyone encounters them once in a while, those scary/funny glitches that randomly pop-up on every OS(talking about windows, OSX, linux etc. nothing is glitch/bug free)

post and share yours here, add a way to achieve it(if you know how to) or how you achieved it, so that others can use it to scare their friends.

stating off with OSX myself.

luckily the bottom counter said only 50% of the cpu was in usage.

post-54592-0-21932400-1443002080_thumb.p

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

So everyone encounters them once in a while, those scary/funny glitches that randomly pop-up on every OS(talking about windows, OSX, linux etc. nothing is glitch/bug free)

post and share yours here, add a way to achieve it(if you know how to) or how you achieved it, so that others can use it to scare their friends.

stating off with OSX myself.

luckily the bottom counter said only 50% of the cpu was in usage.

attachicon.gifilJzjjCV1IE2tKOAUW-uB5LjsOLsf-8CRgXMQfGxlUY.png

Such apple!

(Skips iPhone 2)

tqcwwD0.png
It's a blue screen error, and it says that it have been successfully recovered. Nvidia with its lies.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

Rendering a scene in Blender on cpu with win8 before upgrading to 10. Render froze, rest of computer seemed to function but couldn't exit Blender. Ended up rebooting but it wouldn't post. This happened about 3 weeks after putting the machine together. Mini heart attack for the next hour trying to get it to post.
Decided to post seemingly randomly. Still NFI what caused it but I suspect it was something related to Blender being completely spaz. 

Amusingly win10 has been completely stable rendering since upgrading.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

MSX...need I say more?

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

Microshit shitdows 10 that's my story

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

Rendering a scene in Blender on cpu with win8 before upgrading to 10. Render froze, rest of computer seemed to function but couldn't exit Blender. Ended up rebooting but it wouldn't post. This happened about 3 weeks after putting the machine together. Mini heart attack for the next hour trying to get it to post.

Decided to post seemingly randomly. Still NFI what caused it but I suspect it was something related to Blender being completely spaz. 

Amusingly win10 has been completely stable rendering since upgrading.

thats an intersting thing, normally blender is really stable, could it be you where running a beta version?

MSX...need I say more?

MSX ohh yeah, freaking MSX

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Not so much a glitch , but I woke up one morning to find my gpu's pci slot died.

Tried fixing it for weeks. but for now it works in 8x on my second slot... Stupid Asus.

As for software glitches, mumble doesn't like when I tried using my headset in 7.1 always shit itself and just played from one side.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

thats an intersting thing, normally blender is really stable, could it be you where running a beta version?

MSX ohh yeah, freaking MSX

Its been my experience that cycles can be a bit weird with some node setups. For instance some combinations of hair and holographic style transparent assets occasionally make it explode. This has been over 2 machines, though certainly the X99 rig has so far been far more stable.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

I tried to enable adaptive voltage for the CPU in Intel XTU and pissed off my Bios so bad I was kicked into the backup Bios. Had to reset my overclock.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Was working on my ancient rig trying to get it ready for it's retirement to NAS status but couldn't get the new CPU to work (Duo E6700). Discovered that a socket pin is broken off (may make an attempt to fix it when I don't actually need the computer anymore and forgo the NAS phase if it doesn't work). Put the old CPU back in and it didn't POST. Thinking that I had killed my system I pulled the CPU out and looked over it, re-seated the CPU, reapplied the thermal paste and still nothing. Looking for other possible issues, I noticed the my 4 pin power connector was never reattached. Woops.

This same session I had removed the graphics card to make it easier to work on the CPU. After getting the CPU to post, I reinstalled the graphics card and the system stopped POSTing. Checked the BIOS to make sure PCIe was the primary, checked the card to make sure it was in the socket. Graphics card fans were running at 100% (they never even hit 100 when stress testing) but I had noticed that dead CPUs would sometimes run the fan at 100% even though they were dead. My heart sank thinking that I had killed my very expensive graphics card that was given to me as a gift. I frantically checked and was relieved when I noticed that one of the PCIe power connectors was not connected. Crisis averted.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

snip

Interesting. I did a similar thing with my gpu except I got a message on my screen saying please check power cables. Opened the case and see that I forgot to plug in both 6pin cables.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

My last one was an hour ago.

Downloaded HoMM V: Tribes - booted. 4:3 res (old game from 2010-ish). Set the res to 1080p - made it windowed mode. Set it to 1080p again. Game crashed. Opened game, set it to 1080p, set it to fullscreen and closed the game. The all hell broke lose. The right part of my screen just became unresponsive - only the wallpaper present, even taskbad is gone from it. The other part is lagging-like. The applications leave a trail behind them when being brought up. I panic. Restart. All is fine. I'm still not sure if it's a GPU issue or the game's mad bullshit.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

When your DHCP server is issuing out IP's to printers, completely ignoring all reservations you add in (using MAC Addresses), take a look at the addresses leased out and it appears empty...

Yeah no, There's at least 100 devices and a couple printers that are hanging off the server...

Also when one of the file servers doesn't come back up after reboots (happen weekly) and fucks with your entire DFS infrastructure.

Integrity of files can be a real PITA :(

Scrapyard Build Total Cost: $268AUD

C2Q E8200 | 4 x 1gb DDR2 | GA-EP45-DS3 r1 | Gammax 200 | 320gb 2.5" | 7870LE PCS | Litepower 500w | CISCO Aironet 350